Good things site wardens have done for us (1 Viewer)

finby

Free Member
Oct 3, 2007
norfolk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
about 8
After the thread about daft things site wardens have done / said - its only fair to look at the other side of the coin.................................Heres my contribution for starters:

We were staying at Morvich CC when our bed broke (pull the settees together type of bed). This meant that one settee was knackered as well. It was our first van and we were novices, and were at our wits end. We had just started on a fortnights holiday.
The warden came to our aid and had a look. He returned with a complete tool kit and various bits of angle iron etc. He said he couldnt actually physically do the repair (litigation and all that) but he gave me step by step instructions on how to mend the bed. The finished job was better than the original. We gave him a bottle of wine for his help, and it was a fight just to get him to accept it. He made us very happy that we could continue our holiday.
Well done the warden at Morvich.:thumb::thumb:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Whilst at Thurstaton site in the Wirral last year, I was really struggling on my own to sort the van out for hook up, etc., everything seemed to be sticking... the Wardens there who had not been there long, were really helpful and then they also proceeded to help put the awning up for the couple's caravan next to me. The man had had a heart attack recently and the warden took two hours to put the huge awning up without any complaints at all. Really lovely people. (I must stress they were the new ones then; I don't know what the others were like.)

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
We were on a steeply sloping & wet site near to Bath and had a great deal of difficulty getting the van level and not sinking. Ths site owner offered me a level hard standing area near to his stable block, with EHU , water & waste disposal if I could be bothered to move - I moved quick as a shot. ::bigsmile:
We had this for a week, without any others, very quiet & with great views.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Phoned up Amberley fields CC site, "sorry grounds to wet but I think you can get in at Alderstead Heath" " would you like the phone number?"

Its sometimes the little things you remember.

Olley

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
After the thread about daft things site wardens have done / said - its only fair to look at the other side of the coin.

Perhaps you missed this thread I started yesterday ?

Link Removed

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Dellwood, was that Bath Chew Valley site? They did that for me and I had a lovely four days stay there. Not only that but on the motorway service station someone had tried to break into my home through the side door and broken the window. As soon as I arrived on site they covered the window with perspex for me so that I was more secure and there was no draught.:thumb:

brianju

Free Member
Sep 18, 2007
Hampshire Hogs now in Mid Wales
Funster No
MH
A class 1991 Hymer B544
Exp
10yrs ish - US 5th Wheel/US RV/Eurovan
Hi - we too have had some positive responses from club wardens ....

When we had a 5th wheel the warden at Dingwall let us into the site via the exit gate and arranged for us to park on the campsite roadway - could have refused us, it was very busy and not much space left. - In the past, wardens have often put a cone on a 'saved pitch' for us - didn't ever like to say we wouldn't have chosen that particular one :Doh: not sure if club rules allow them to do that now! Very recently we stopped off at the tiny CCC site at Jedburgh the pitches are very very small - the warden here said 'I let the big ones stay on the car park' - even had a very long hook-up lead laid out ready for us :Smile:

I could go on ..... we must be lucky I guess BUT we never book online , have always phoned & explained what type of motorhome we have - 'thanks for phoning' said one warden - 'have a special pitch set aside for you, a little bit away from the caravans' he then added ...
'It will save them having to look out directly onto a slab of aluminium' :RollEyes: no we didn't bite thanked him for giving us a better view too! :ROFLMAO: we tooted when we left and gave him a wave ::bigsmile:

Usually use CL's & CS's though - the owners are usually very laid back (if you see them)

Julia

Mick H

Free Member
Oct 13, 2007
Near Leicester
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
30 yrs
One that springs to mind happened two years ago at the Tregurrian C&CC site in Cornwall.
The Holiday Site Manager was busy, working on his own, but he immediately stopped and attended to us. We hadn't booked, but he was very friendly, and said that it wasn't a problem and so we booked in.

Normally, on C&CC club sites, they insist on taking you to your pitch and tell you how they want you to park. This young chap asked if we wanted a pitch with a view and advised me which might be the best area. He said that we could park anyway round, it didn't matter, and although we should be ok, if it rained heavy, and we needed help, he would tow us with his 4x4. We were able to select our own pitch without any hassle.
What a change for the C&CC ! The Friendly Club, on this occasion, without a doubt.

There are many,many occasions that I could bore you with, where we felt welcomed on camp sites, both in the UK and on the continent.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Dellwood, was that Bath Chew Valley site? They did that for me and I had a lovely four days stay there. Not only that but on the motorway service station someone had tried to break into my home through the side door and broken the window. As soon as I arrived on site they covered the window with perspex for me so that I was more secure and there was no draught.:thumb:

No it wasn't Chew, it was at a CL at a place near Box ::bigsmile:

graham_bell

Free Member
Feb 25, 2010
Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
We've stayed mainly at CC sites (we like their shower blocks) We once had noisy neighbours and the Wardens were really good and had a word with the offending people. Much better than us going over there, it's very difficult to thell someone to shut up and remain diplomatic.... We've been on non CC sites and it can get rather tense if someone is playing music a little to loud after say 10pm.

A couple of years ago I was recovering from meningitis - my brain was still scrambled and I didn't pay for my newspaper in the morning. :Blush:
They were very understanding when the other half explained I wasn't right in the head. :Doh: The warden looked rather oddly at me until she explained I wasn't a thief, or some sort of village inbred, I was in fact on medication and still recovering from meningitis..

Graham

dealgan

Free Member
Oct 23, 2007
Donegal, Ireland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2006
We once had noisy neighbours and the Wardens were really good and had a word with the offending people.

Ditto. A few years ago we were on the CC site in Ayr, Craigie Gardens, when we had a folding camper. (Think caravan, but canvas walls). We had 2 very small kids and got them to bed, around 9pm. The noise from awning on the next pitch was unbelievable. Seemed like there was party going on ; loud music & lots of shouting & noise.

I was getting angrier by the minute and just about to take my mallet go and "have a word" with their stereo, when I heard the wardens telling them to keep it down. And they did. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Honeycott Caravan Site in Hawes - not a club site.

Took the bus to Aysgarth, asked him where the return bus stopped. Duly waited there for the last bus - went a different route. Phoned the caravan site and asked him if there was a taxi firm in Hawes that could come and get us and he drove out himself to rescue us. What a gent. Found out they weren't great wine drinkers :)Eek!:??? - oh well takes all sorts), so bought them a nice box of choccies to say thanks.
Only down side of that site - small pitches close together. Apparently they were trying to get permission to make the pitches bigger.

John

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back