Jun 9, 2009
Dover, Kent
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Since April 2009.
Hi All :winky:

I would like to fit a wooden dash kit to my 2004 Fiat Ducato. Has anybody purchased and fitted a kit to their vehicle.

I would be greatful if somebody could provide a link or address to a site that produce the kits.

Kind Regards

Green Machine

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi All :winky:

I would like to fit a wooden dash kit to my 2004 Fiat Ducato. Has anybody purchased and fitted a kit to their vehicle.

I would be greatful if somebody could provide a link or address to a site that produce the kits.

Kind Regards

Green Machine
Cheapest ive seen check Link Removed for your year
Geo

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
I've fitted a kit to my van, it sorta domesticates it and takes away the greyness.

My advice is to wait until the weather warms up as you need the pieces to be really warm and flexible. Use a hairdryer to ensure the adhesive really works. Make sure you use the included cleaning tissues thoroughly to remove any grease on the surfaces.

Above all......lock yourself in and put up a 'do not disturb' notice. You will need all your concentration, some bits require a very steady hand

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Bought my kit from these guys.:Smile:
Link Removed

Haven't fitted it yet as I am waiting for the warmer weather, but I agree with spacerunner's comments about cleaning the surfaces well and the use of a hair drier.
I have bought extra cleaning wipes & some lint free soft cloths in readiness for the installation
Have a look on UTube for videos on how to install the kits - Mostly on American cars, but the same techniques apply ::bigsmile:

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Hi Green Machine,
I have just fitted a dash kit for my friend and got it for hime off EBay (Walnut Dash Company). There service is slow to say the least but the product isn't to bad although a few resin lips had to be trimmed off. Over the last few months I have fitted over 14 to different vehicles and make sure you have everthing ready at hand before starting. A good dash clean with an alchohol based cleaner will remove dirt from the grained dash.
Offer ALL parts up before sticking as removal afterwards could damage the adhesive.
Good Luck,
Wiljoy

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Got mine from the same place (Walnut Dash Co) and it came within 2 days of the order going in ::bigsmile:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
do you have a link to there website please.

Link is here, www.walnutdash.com

These kits do smarten up the dashboards and add a certain panache to any motorhome, however the mind boggles at the precise fitting.

I do wonder if the old trick of using a weak fairy liquid solution would help in positioning as it works on plastic signwriting and ducals.

Peter

Randonneur

Free Member
Mar 31, 2008
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
4 years
Wooden Dash Kit

Word of warning about these dash kits. I got one from the walnut dash co about 12 mths ago and fitted it to my Fiat Motor Home.After about 6mths the kit lost its colour in places due to the sunlight and started lifting from the facia. Just a warning folks.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Word of warning about these dash kits. I got one from the walnut dash co about 12 mths ago and fitted it to my Fiat Motor Home.After about 6mths the kit lost its colour in places due to the sunlight and started lifting from the facia. Just a warning folks.

I'm not at all surprised, I was in the van soon after reading this thread and I thought it would be a miracle if anything could stick long term to such a rough surface and in places with such very narrow strips.

Any Blue Peter fans would of course buy some fablon and do it themselves.

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Peter, Isn't there some law or other saying you mustn't have prejudices about the sexuality of the nobility??

" a weak fairy works on ducals"

Senior partner has wandered in and said I'm being rude. Guilty, but I know that's not news.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back