janeousswim

Free Member
Jul 22, 2008
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Hi, just wondering if anybody knows if the Bilbao to Portsmouth crossing is still going out tomorrow. We are sat here in a campsite at Haro with rain and wind battering our motorhome about . I cant get in touch with P and O and feeling sick in anticipation of going on the boat.

rolyk

Free Member
Oct 20, 2007
South Glos
Funster No
MH
Warwick Duo
Exp
Since 2007
Nothing on their website but this is the shipping forecast -

Wind
Mainly southerly 6 to gale 8, occasionally severe gale 9, becoming cyclonic severe gale 9 to violent storm 11, perhaps hurricane force 12 later.
Sea State
Rough or very rough becoming high.
Weather
Rain or squally thundery showers.
Visibility
Moderate or poor, occasionally very poor.

Rather you than me!

I think that if I was you I'd drive up to the tunnel and forego the ferry.

Good luck!

Roly

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I cant get in touch with P and O and feeling sick in anticipation of going on the boat.

So don't do it.

Tell them you missed the ferry due to the weather. Won't they put you on the next one like the dover/calais mob do ???

If they refuse drive to Calais for a cheap crossing.

Get a travel sickness pill down you, that helps a lot.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

janeousswim

Free Member
Jul 22, 2008
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
Billbao ferry

Thanks for that , feel much better now !
Nothing on their website but this is the shipping forecast -

Wind
Mainly southerly 6 to gale 8, occasionally severe gale 9, becoming cyclonic severe gale 9 to violent storm 11, perhaps hurricane force 12 later.
Sea State
Rough or very rough becoming high.
Weather
Rain or squally thundery showers.
Visibility
Moderate or poor, occasionally very poor.

Rather you than me!

I think that if I was you I'd drive up to the tunnel and forego the ferry.

Good luck!

Roly

rolyk

Free Member
Oct 20, 2007
South Glos
Funster No
MH
Warwick Duo
Exp
Since 2007
If you do decide to risk it do as Brian suggests and make sure that you take Stugeron or other sea sickness pills well before you depart. I would suggest you start taking them maybe 12 hours beforehand.

Once you start feeling ill it's too late and you'll never recover. It happened to us last year on the Pont Aven and it was the longest 24 hours my wife's ever spent! And that was in a moderate sea. And you'll be going through a hurricane!

Roly

OP
OP
J

janeousswim

Free Member
Jul 22, 2008
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
bibao ferry

Thanks ,i have wrist bands and sea sick pills but still think thats not enough - perhaphs a full bottle of wine to make e sleep !
If you do decide to risk it do as Brian suggests and make sure that you take Stugeron or other sea sickness pills well before you depart. I would suggest you start taking them maybe 12 hours beforehand.

Once you start feeling ill it's too late and you'll never recover. It happened to us last year on the Pont Aven and it was the longest 24 hours my wife's ever spent! And that was in a moderate sea. And you'll be going through a hurricane!

Roly

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
This morning (saturday) BBC news said very serious conditions in bay of biscay...I would trundle down through France stopping for the odd pastis:winky:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks

Roly
:Eeek:

david and ann

Free Member
Jan 3, 2009
Sax Alicante
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
7 years
Forecast

:Sad:1pm Sax Alicante
Hola
Just heard bbc news saying that 100mph winds coming through portugal, spain and france.
Stay where you are if you can. Only prob with Haro is the river next to the campsite can flood !

We were there last year and wasn't happy next to river.
Stay safe amigo
David
Sax Alicante

kenspain

Free Member
May 22, 2009
Funster No
:Sad:1pm Sax Alicante
Hola
Just heard bbc news saying that 100mph winds coming through portugal, spain and france.
Stay where you are if you can. Only prob with Haro is the river next to the campsite can flood !

We were there last year and wasn't happy next to river.
Stay safe amigo
David
Sax Alicante

David whats it like down there now we got a warm wind coming of the mountains locals say not a good sign

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
We saw this coming last week and its not going to be pleasant even if the service is still running.

I'm a pretty good sailor and would go but June isn't so we would probs wait out the stormy weather (if poss) and then go.

The alternative would be to get too Calais and see what its like

Best of luck either way Ken.

Jim
:Smile:

solitaire woman

Free Member
Apr 27, 2008
Funster No
Did they go for the ferry? Weather was horrendous so can't believe it would have been sailing!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back