CG235

Free Member
Feb 25, 2010
Nottinghamshire
Funster No
Exp
2009!
Hi All

I have just fitted a Maxview 65 twin cable Sat Dish with the intention of using my Sky+box whilst abroad. However Sky now tell me that this is a no-no!

Have I just wasted extra money on the twin cable bit or is there a way around this?

What are the best options for this dish?

All advice gratefully received!!!

Regards

Clive

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Using any sky box anywhere other than the UK is a No No
It hasnt stopped anyone yet:RollEyes:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Using any sky box anywhere other than the UK is a No No
It hasnt stopped anyone yet:RollEyes:

actually, speaking to sky the otherday, using a sky box anywhere other than your front room is a no no. Strange that? mine worked perfect in the French Alps last week::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Somebody in a recent similar thread said that for a fee sky had paired a viewing card with a second receiver to enable the user to take it on his travels

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Somebody in a recent similar thread said that for a fee sky had paired a viewing card with a second receiver to enable the user to take it on his travels

the sky viewing card you refer to costs £20 and only gives access to the non-paid for channels that you pick up on sky so doesnt give you sky movies, sky sports etc.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
The use of a Sky card outside the UK and ROI is against the terms and conditions of the Sky contract, so of course they are going to say, when you call them, you cannot use it abroad.

As mentioned, it has not stopped people doing so, but if Sky find out that your box is walkabouts then the card will be deactivated (ie if youc all them and say my card is 123456789 and I am in Spain!)

Multiroom cards require to be connetced to a UK phone line at all times of the contract, stops you from giving the cheap discounted card to someone else!

As are new installations, that are discounted by Sky.

But in some cases it is possible to PAY and extra sum on top of the installation fee to "forgo" the telephone connection, as they do acknowledge that not all rooms or homes have land line connections.

clayx

Free Member
Oct 21, 2009
south wales
Funster No
Exp
when away i always take my sky+ box (pay more than enough for it, they know what they can do with their contract). plug it into my free standing max view dish and happy days, the only problem with single cable is that you cannot 'tape' one channel and watch another but if you are not using the box then you can select and 'tape' a prog.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
dick turpin

Sky have to be the worst company we have ever delt with, their public relations is a disgrace, hence we packed them and their contract up 3 years ago.

My friend phoned them to tell them his father didn`t want their services anymore, they told him he couldn`t just stop paying, well actually my father has just past away that`s why we don`t need sky tele anymore.
To his amazment the sky rep on the phone told him they would just keep taking the direct debit, David realising he hadn`t given his name ot details said yeah ok goodbye.

We have got by with freeview and freesat since then with no worries.

At least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask!!

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Sky have to be the worst company we have ever delt with, their public relations is a disgrace, hence we packed them and their contract up 3 years ago.

My friend phoned them to tell them his father didn`t want their services anymore, they told him he couldn`t just stop paying, well actually my father has just past away that`s why we don`t need sky tele anymore.
To his amazment the sky rep on the phone told him they would just keep taking the direct debit, David realising he hadn`t given his name ot details said yeah ok goodbye.

We have got by with freeview and freesat since then with no worries.

At least Dick Turpin had the decency to wear a mask!!

Never again would I entertain SKY. Unless of course I'm in some pub or club watching a footy match for nout.

Jim
:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back