Motorhome Stolen (1 Viewer)

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
A friend of mine had her Elddis motorhome stolen, it was parked on a driveway, with an imobiliser steering lock and wheel clamp fitted no one heard a thing, unfortunatly the wheel clamp was on the front wheel and it is believed that the thieves simply winched it up at the front, broke the side window released the hand brake and drove off.

So if any of you use a wheel clamp on the front for security it may be better to use it on the rear wheels if possible.:thumb:

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Crayford, sorry not got the reg will ask her and get some more info.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 27, 2007
Near Dartford
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
Since 2005
Dane

As you know I live in Crayford :Eeek: We have a stoplok fitted to the read wheels. Prior to this we had a clamp until I noticed that parts of our drive had been dug up trying to get the clamp off. We had our first Kontiki stolen of the drive.

If you have a reg number I will also keep a look out.

B*******ds thats all I can say. I got a phone call a year later to say it had been found in Southern Ireland. nBy this time we had another which was vitrually chained up on the drive.

Sonja

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Sorry, absolutely no consolation to anyone, had a commercial stolen not so long ago and police opinion was that it would have crossed the water to Ireland before we arrived at the yard in the morning.
Same happened approx twenty years ago and police then gave the same opinion, Ireland must be pretty crowded place with all these dodgy vehicles? :Angry::Angry::Angry:

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
Bit more info now

The No plate is L355 DNF it is cream and maroon the arial is almost bent in half (or was) on driver side at top there is a dent from the top window to back

Cheers:thumb:

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
They don't all go to Ireland or the continent. The toerags that stole our old autosleeper kept it and used it for a good 10 months before trying to auction it in Luton. :Angry:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Bit more info now

The No plate is L355 DNF it is cream and maroon the arial is almost bent in half (or was) on driver side at top there is a dent from the top window to back

When was this mh stolen ???. Does it have a greyish coloured stripe along the centre, under the side window ??

Jim

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
When was this mh stolen ???. Does it have a greyish coloured stripe along the centre, under the side window ??

Jim

Jim

No it has a maroon stripe down the side, it was nicked 15th Jan between 11pm and 7 am on the 15th.

Thanks anyway

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Bit more info now

I'll keep my eyes open over here in Tenerife..I've also emailled some friends over in mainland Spain with the number some are near Alicante.. others are near Malaga and Gibraltar

Also I've emailled some of Dawns family in Dublin...you never know !!

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Sorry to hear of this motorhome going missing 6 weeks ago, hope they get it back

OP
OP
Diabalo
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
I'll keep my eyes open over here in Tenerife..I've also emailled some friends over in mainland Spain with the number some are near Alicante.. others are near Malaga and Gibraltar

Also I've emailled some of Dawns family in Dublin...you never know !!

Cheers Ray:thumb:

Apr 17, 2024
Funster No
MH
Deflects Globevan
My motorhome was stolen from my drive, close to my frontline door on 3/3/24. Greater Manchester Police not interested. It was put down as lost, we were given a crime number and told to look if neighbours had ring door bells or c.c.t.v. No police visited so no statement take , not even by phone. They might as well take an advert out on T.V saying " If your vehicle is stolen ring for a crime number and investigate yourself". Needless to say we feel utterly betrayed and the anger at the total lack of any investigation makes me feel equally as angry as I feel towards the thieves. Would be interested if any other victims of a vehicle theft live somewhere that the police actually investigate vehicle theft.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back