Grey Waste Dribbler (1 Viewer)

May 20, 2009
Haute Vienne, France
Funster No
Any body know this grey waste dribbler? He emptied some of his grey waste at Aire Sur l'Adore Aire and then proceeded a to drop the remainder along the D932 to outskirts of Aire Sur l'Adore after a visit Lidl.
Waster!!

Attachments

• IMG_20171012_160602189_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20171012_160602189_HDR.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 603
Oct 29, 2012
essex
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9090df
Exp
20 years (unless you count my dads VW which makes it 52 years with a few gaps!!)
not too bothered to be honest but if you posted pictures of my moho giving numberplate and whereabouts I wouldn't be best pleased

Deleted User
Can't believe it upset you to the point of taking a picture and then trying to shame the owners. Maybe not good practice, however, a lot worse gets washed onto the road when it rains, assume holiday not going too well?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We've all done it, empty into bucket and dispose of then when 'empty' forget to close the tap and dribble when we move. Not intentionally but dribble none the less.

:whistle::whistle::mask::mask::doh::doh:

Ashamed to admit that we have done that as well, unintentionally ...... hopefully not a lot of water left in the tank as it will have mostly gone into the bucket.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Everyone's done it at some point.

Does it really matter?

I'm a biker as well and I've got to say that if you're that worried about a little bit of soapy water on the road you need to ask yourself the question as to whether you should really be riding at all. You'll hit worse things than that pretty much every day unless you're the ultimate fair weather rider.

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
If you don't drop waste I wouldn't put your picture up.
Being a biker it's nearly as lethal as diesel..

You said he dropped his waste at the aire, so all he's done is driven off with his tap open. Could be a genuine mistake which some of us have made as well.

Whose behaviour is more offensive? A bloke makes a mistake or you...lurking around taking a picture of someone's van, including their licence plate and posting it onto the Internet?

If it obviously bothers you that much why didn't you mention it to the bloke?
Instead of trying to publicly shame him?

Tell me how many bikers have been killed by driving through a dribble of soapy water?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I've done it a few times unintentionally but only the dribbles after empting the tank. Found out although on my van you can't open the waste valve with the engine running, if you then start the engine the valve remains open I had expected it to close, which would be the sensible way of wiring it.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have done it a few times intentionally when I first got the van.

I am of course older and wiser now

Edit - come to think of it I intentionally did it with fresh water rather than waste.

Last edited:

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Only a dribble,of grey waste .
I watched three French registered vans empty their cassette contents one after another ,on top of the grid of the grey water dump, at Saint Poucain Sur Sewer last week whilst others looked on ,didn't even attempt to flush away .or hide contents perhaps I should of taken a picture ,:gum:

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Oh how times change!
I've not been on Fun that many years, but I well remember how incensed the general consensus used to be about grey waste being dropped on the roads, filming car windscreens and bikers' face shields, making the road slippery, inhaling the misted scummy water..... :rolleyes:

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Oh how times change!
I've not been on Fun that many years, but I well remember how incensed the general consensus used to be about grey waste being dropped on the roads, filming car windscreens and bikers' face shields, making the road slippery, inhaling the misted scummy water..... :rolleyes:

Yes but a bit different if it's most of a tank being dribbled as opposed to the dregs from the tank after emptying.

I hope the bit that would have come from our tank after the tap was left open went onto the field and farm track and not on the road :)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Yes but a bit different if it's most of a tank being dribbled as opposed to the dregs from the tank after emptying.

I hope the bit that would have come from our tank after the tap was left open went onto the field and farm track and not on the road :)
Wasn't you in the photo was is PD???
OP says "emptied some" not "most" so I don't know how much
Anyway, I'm not commenting on the rights and wrongs - just on the Fickle Fashion of Fun :LOL:

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Oh how times change!

I too remember those threads but what I intensely dislike now is this attempted public shaming.

I just feel it's such an intrusion of privacy to post pictures of someone's van! And it's normally always done for some perceived minor infringement...

Don't Park within the lines...Bang you're on tinternet.

Happen to leave your waste open...Bang you're on tinternet.

Put your table and chairs out in an aire Bang..you get my drift...

Enough already!

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
Wasn't you in the photo was is PD???
OP says "emptied some" not "most" so I don't know how much
Anyway, I'm not commenting on the rights and wrongs - just on the Fickle Fashion of Fun :LOL:

No, not us ..... we weren't in foreign parts - and we don't have a Hymer anymore - not for 17 years I think :)

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
what I intensely dislike now is this attempted public shaming
I agree with that. It creates a security issue too.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Was on gravelines tother morning, all the French vans let there grey into a bucket and threw it over the sea wall then drove off with the tap still open and every one of them left a trail behind them.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Only a dribble,of grey waste .
I watched three French registered vans empty their cassette contents one after another ,on top of the grid of the grey water dump, at Saint Poucain Sur Sewer last week whilst others looked on ,didn't even attempt to flush away .or hide contents perhaps I should of taken a picture ,:gum:
You should of shouted at them. A few weeks ago I didn't 'arf make a Frenchman jump when I bellowed in his ear when he was about to rinse his cassette under the fresh water tap.

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
You should of shouted at them. A few weeks ago I didn't 'arf make a Frenchman jump when I bellowed in his ear when he was about to rinse his cassette under the fresh water tap.
I have sorted this job out now, if there is a charge for emptying I just draw up to the grey emptying grid , set it running then empty the cassette in the proper emptying thing which will always open even if you havnt paid then rinse it out with the grey water that is still running out, jobs a good un.(y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back