May 6, 2008
Camberley Surrey
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Classic C class
Exp
On/off since 1966
Just found this, not sure if it has been mentioned before

All main adult Bank accounts (those which are credited with at least £1,000 per month) could benefit from free cash machine withdrawals in Spain. Simply use your Santander Debit Card in a Santander branded cash machine in Spain to receive the withdrawal fee free. This means: No Cash Handling Fee AND No Foreign Exchange Fee will be charged.

Details correct as at 1 February 2010

Charles ::bigsmile:

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Just found this, not sure if it has been mentioned before

All main adult Bank accounts (those which are credited with at least £1,000 per month) could benefit from free cash machine withdrawals in Spain. Simply use your Santander Debit Card in a Santander branded cash machine in Spain to receive the withdrawal fee free. This means: No Cash Handling Fee AND No Foreign Exchange Fee will be charged.

Details correct as at 1 February 2010

Charles ::bigsmile:

Is this different to the Nationwide account that offers the same cash withdrawal scheme in Europe but not worldwide?

You don't need to have a regular deposit with Nationwide.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Is this different to the Nationwide account that offers the same cash withdrawal scheme in Europe but not worldwide?

You don't need to have a regular deposit with Nationwide.

Are you sure now ? I thought I'd read that NW were going to charge this year, hope not.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
Are you sure now ? I thought I'd read that NW were going to charge this year, hope not.

Yes they have started to charge, but only outside Europe, I should not have told them I was going to Singapore. :ROFLMAO:

Been using my NW card for the last 3 months over here in Spain so I do know they are not charging in Europe. Long may it last.

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Be a little bit careful about Santander. They are, after all, Spanish- one of the PIGS (Portugal, Italy, Greece, Spain.) Greece is the first in trouble, others may follow. Santander have always seemed a little, er, dodgy...and also, think of Iceland's offerings not all that long ago

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
abbey/santander make no withdrawal charges at all to their customers using santander machines wordwide, no matter what your balance.
international transaction charges may apply though.

use abbey/santander cards in their machines in spain and there are no charges at all...you just get santanders ''current" exchange rate.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
I withdrew €100 euro from a Santander machine in Spain last month, using my Nationwide sterling debit card. The machine must have sensed it was a Sterling account, and asked me if I wanted my account to be debited in Sterling or €uros. They quoted a price in pounds which I made a note of, but pressed the button to be charged in €uros. When I checked my bank statement I found Nationwide had charged me about £4 less than Santander would have done.
(Also there are no transaction charges on the Nationwide card, so 10 transactions of 10 €uros would cost the same as 1 transaction of €100 euros )

I have an instant access online savings account with Santander though, currently paying 3.15% interest until 2nd August, when they will quietly drop the rate and hope nobody notices.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I have an instant access online savings account with Santander though, currently paying 3.15% interest until 2nd August, when they will quietly drop the rate and hope nobody notices.

if its not the same one santander are doing the same deal now.....min £1k per month for the higher rate.....existing customers only though.
if its a different one then just transfer to the new 'un. :thumb:

santander will make the usual charges to other cards:Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back