France 7 days of fuel supplies left due to strike (2 Viewers)

Aug 28, 2008
Antwerp /Belgium
Funster No
Exp
Hi,

It appears the strike over the closure ? of the Total Refinery at Dunkerque has been causing a lot of problems, worth taking into account or certainly keeping you eye on the situation if you are traveling in France ?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/feedarticle/8957155

Luckily the French are not completely depending of the refinery of Dunkirk alone. Maybe there will be some local shortages in some Total pumps in the area. Most of the supermarket pumps are independent from the brand (and cheaper too :thumb:)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

Its really worth reading the link as it suggests that the strike call is spreading to other refineries throughtout France not just the Dunkerque so I wouldn't be to complacent, as the French are very surportive of the fellow workers.

The concern over supply issues has just been repeated on France24 TV news.

Luckily the French are not completely depending of the refinery of Dunkirk alone. Maybe there will be some local shortages in some Total pumps in the area. Most of the supermarket pumps are independent from the brand (and cheaper too :thumb:)

Melly

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
Burntwood
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
3 years
This is just the sort of news I needed.
The French seem to love strikes at the moment with seafrance and now this.
Our crossing is this Sunday so may fuel up this side now and put a little more tax in Brown's pocket.

weymard

Free Member
Jan 25, 2009
CHERBOURG NORMANDY
Funster No
MH
US TRUCK CAMPER
Exp
:Cool: as you with Brown, we are a little angry, but the difference : we go to strike :Cool:

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
It is very true Melly that there are a lot of strikes in France but as Weymard said as least we react to things when we think they are not right (sometimes....have to admit it's a bit TOO MUCH!). I've been told recently that you couldn't fly your own flag in front of your house if you wanted to as it was considered as an offence to foreign people living in GB ! My goodness let me tell you that something like that will never ever happen in OUR country!

But never mind.... i can understand it is most unconvenient when you think you're going to have some nice time in France so all i can say is: enjoy, you're most welcome!!

Sorry for being out of topic ....:Blush:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

Melly

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
Burntwood
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
3 years
I have no moans about your strikes, as you say, at least you do something about it and thats why I like to keep coming over to your country.
I won't bring my flag though :ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi
I just wish the British would take a leaf out of the way the French people support one another, I know it is only a small example and I'm not commenting on the right or wrong in this, Just the way that French people jump to support their fellow countrymen when they have a problem, Just wish we would do the same, as it may make Britain a better place.

It is very true Melly that there are a lot of strikes in France but as Weymard said as least we react to things when we think they are not right (sometimes....have to admit it's a bit TOO MUCH!). I've been told recently that you couldn't fly your own flag in front of your house if you wanted to as it was considered as an offence to foreign people living in GB ! My goodness let me tell you that something like that will never ever happen in OUR country!

But never mind.... i can understand it is most unconvenient when you think you're going to have some nice time in France so all i can say is: enjoy, you're most welcome!!

Sorry for being out of topic ....:Blush:

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
Hi
I just wish the British would take a leaf out of the way the French people support one another, I know it is only a small example and I'm not commenting on the right or wrong in this, Just the way that French people jump to support their fellow countrymen when they have a problem, Just wish we would do the same, as it may make Britain a better place.

But that wouldn't be BRITISH would it. What we need is a Revolution, as did the French.

Don

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi
I just wish the British would take a leaf out of the way the French people support one another,

So do I , and we used to, until Maggie crushed the unions and removed their teeth,. and even when we did have a strike about fuel prices how many come out and supported the union ? Jo public was too worried that he might not be able to fill up his car if it was prolonged ..

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Weymard

France 24 TV News, 10 minutes ago, still has a ticker tape running across the bottom of the TV screen stating the majority of Unions are saying the Dunkerque Total Refinery Strike should end, has it actually been officially called off, and do you know what the settlement was ?

The strike is finish !

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
Hi, Weymard

France 24 TV News, 10 minutes ago, still has a ticker tape running across the bottom of the TV screen stating the majority of Unions are saying the Dunkerque Total Refinery Strike should end, has it actually been officially called off, and do you know what the settlement was ?

Hi Braunston!

As Weymard isn't on line i'll give the end of the story:
TOTAL (after 9 hours argument) promissed none of the petrol refineries would shut for the next 5 years.... except (still not sure...!) the Dunkerque one. So probably , Dunkerque refinery will go on striking...on its own!!

That was a negociation-marathon!!!!:thumb:

Frankie::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back