Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Knutsford
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2yrs
It was the part no that fooled me. Question is why do you want an RF modulator? If you have an old tv ie no scart, and want to input freeview then there are alternatives. VMax

OP
OP
Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
It was the part no that fooled me. Question is why do you want an RF modulator? If you have an old tv ie no scart, and want to input freeview then there are alternatives. VMax

tv is only 12 months old and i have a teleco magic sat easy dish so i wont to put a sat free receiver in the van run all from 12 volt:RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

VMax666

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Knutsford
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2yrs
Sorry, confused.com. If the tv is only 12 mths old it should have a scart socket? An RF modulator only converts an existing signal ie freeview/ freesat /sky box scart output into an output through an aerial lead. If you have a sat dish you only need a freesat/ sky box. VMax

OP
OP
Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years

the tv i have is a AUGUST 11"tv dvd player halls
there is on the side is av in av out and sd/ms/mmc and a usb and thats all so how do i put a free sat to it then :Blush::Blush:

VMax666

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Knutsford
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2yrs
Wildman- this unit, have one on an old tv in the kitchen and it works exceptionally well. Link Removed VMax

VMax666

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Knutsford
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2yrs
The Video side is easy, a scart to phono lead Link Removed but without audio inputs it would appear to be a problem. VMax

OP
OP
Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

Banned
Feb 17, 2008
Full timing in the van
Funster No
MH
Fiat decato
Exp
8years
come on i need help

:Doh::Doh:come on some won on he must know wot i can do i have a teleco magic sat easy dish on van now i need a 12v receiver that i can plug coaxes strait in to put i can't find one put some one on here must know how to get round this but put it in simpleton's turns please

IrasciBill

Free Member
Mar 6, 2010
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
Auto-Roller 500
Exp
Since 2009 (after many years camping)
Confused.com

:Doh::Doh:come on some won on he must know wot i can do i have a teleco magic sat easy dish on van now i need a 12v receiver that i can plug coaxes strait in to put i can't find one put some one on here must know how to get round this but put it in simpleton's turns please

Hi hayleylulu,
I was also getting into the confused.com category reading the replies to your post.
Just had a look at the August TV on the web - it has an in-built freeview box and only needs a suitable aerial plugged in to receive and show terrestrial digital TV. But, as I understand it, your problem is that you want to use the TV with your MH's existing dish to recieve FreeSat signals. If this is the case, you would need to have a FreeSat receiver / decoder - preferrably one with an RF output (co-ax aeriel lead) since your TV has no scart input. Do you already have a freesat receiver?
Having said all that, I'm not familiar with FreeSat and don't know whether receivers tend to have RF output - if they don't (or if yours doesn't) then you certainly would need an RF modulator. They work like the early video recorders (before scart) where you have to tune an unused TV channel to the output frequency of the modulator and then by selecting that channel on your TV you can watch FreeSat.
But then you're probably not old enough to remember pre-scart video recorders!

PS if you have an old 12 volt VCR you can use it as an RF modulator!

Sorry I can't be more help at present - hope you get a proper answer soon.
Bill. :Eeek:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I run my rf modulator using a tiny inverter, 150W I use that to power the modulator and digibox, total power consumption including the TV is only 1.75amps.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back