No wavers (1 Viewer)

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
We travelled down to Grafham Water on Friday afternoon, plenty of Motorhomes en route on the A14 but not one waved to us :Sad: Travelled back same route today back to Norfolk, again plenty Motorhomes, we thinks there was a Meet somewhere, and the same thing happened - no one waved - so I come to the conclusion Motorhomers on the A14 are a miserable lot. Woops apologies we did get one wave.

Dale

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
aawww sorry to hear you only had one waver

Waving seems to have declined and we certainly notice that in the colder months, the waves are FAR FEWER than in summer - but then this could be because not everyone is used to driving motorhomes in worse weather, there are plenty of "fair weather" motorhomers as well as the more hardened "all year rounders"

We have found that we get the most "waves back" on a clear sunny day when the traffic isnt too dense

The only thing thats beaten this is when we sat in traffic after an accident on a motorway for over 2 hours and I reckon every motorhome going the other way waved to us - whether it was out of sympathy or saying thank god we're not stuck in it - every wave was really appreciated

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
We travelled down to Grafham Water on Friday afternoon, plenty of Motorhomes en route on the A14 but not one waved to us :Sad: Travelled back same route today back to Norfolk, again plenty Motorhomes, we thinks there was a Meet somewhere, and the same thing happened - no one waved - so I come to the conclusion Motorhomers on the A14 are a miserable lot. Woops apologies we did get one wave.

Dale

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 14, 2007
Devizes
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta K-Yacht 80
Exp
Since 2005
Came back from Shrewsbury yesterday via Kidderminster, joined M5 then off at J11A across to Swindon then Devizes via Avebury.

Every motorhome waved, which was either instigated by us or them.

Even Claire was waving! She was so enthusiastic on one occasion it was to a horse box!

Regards

Chris

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
waves

we were stopped on the m25 due to accident, not many waves but 5 people asked to use the loo, did not mind the children but not happy with adults,, let them, but think not a next time,,, what would you have done ????:Eeek::Eeek:

Mick H

Free Member
Oct 13, 2007
Near Leicester
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
30 yrs
We normally wave to other motorhomes except on motorways or similar, and I would include the A14 as such.
This is because many motorhomes, including ours, are travelling in the nearside lane, so it isn't easy to see if someone travelling in the opposite direction is waving, and would require too much focus to check.
I prefer to concentrate on my driving, at motorway speeds, so if I ignore your waves under these conditions, it's because I didn't see you.

iceni

Free Member
Dec 3, 2007
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Lowline Coachbuilt
Exp
27yrs
we were stopped on the m25 due to accident, not many waves but 5 people asked to use the loo, did not mind the children but not happy with adults,, let them, but think not a next time,,, what would you have done ????:Eeek::Eeek:

No not me.
Not that I am tight but seeing how some public loos are left i wouldnt let anyone use mine.
they are welcome to food and drink or anything else.

With the waving..they dont always see you silly though that may seem.
Often my wife sees vans i didnt and vica versa.

Phill

SmellyFeet

Free Member
Aug 4, 2009
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Less Than 1 Year
I wave to everyone, but I have a special wave for caravaners; I make as if to wave and then fiddle around with an imaginary hair thats out of place, gets em every time.

OP
OP
DandG5515
Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
No way would I let anyone use my toilet. We had heavy snow whilst at Grafham and thought it would continue back to Norwich and I was really looking forward to being stuck and having the facilities on board ::bigsmile:. No snow here until today but not as heavy as we encountered yesterday.

6pm Cowboy

Free Member
Jun 26, 2009
South Oxfordshire
Funster No
MH
none ( yet )
Exp
0 - but I live in hope
I wouldn't like people using the Loo but dont see how I would be able to say no. I can picture me, or more likely the wife, in the same position.

wkdtroll

Free Member
Jul 29, 2008
North Wales
Funster No
MH
VW T5 Conversion
Exp
7 years
I will make an apology now - I don't wave in the Winter (cos it means I have to take my hands out of my pockets!!!):ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

:thanks2:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp

Dale

Thats' probably because they have spent a week in Norfolk and discovered the following.

1. It is so flat, fuel lasts forever

2. Norfolk drivers see a motorhome coming on a narrow lane, They do not pull in, but carry on at 60mph and close their eyes!!:Eeek:

It nearly gave me heart failure, nice area though! O/H domain.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We wave and flash the lights at everyone in a mh or RV..

Now if you want some FUN, do it to a tugger and watch the confusion !!:ROFLMAO:

Rayb182

Funster
Deceased RIP
Nov 13, 2009
Great Bentley
Funster No
MH
Sundance 590 PR
Exp
Since 1999
We always wave, has been known for us to wave at Loomas vans only reliesing it when when its passed, horsey homes are fair game, even when we are in the car we wave to m/h, we put it this way, be friendly, they must know we have a m/h, get some wierd looks though.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::Eeek::Eeek:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
We always wave, has been known for us to wave at Loomas vans only reliesing it when when its passed, horsey homes are fair game, even when we are in the car we wave to m/h, we put it this way, be friendly, they must know we have a m/h, get some wierd looks though.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::Eeek::Eeek:

SO ITS' YOU! lol! I get waved at in cars, and sit there confused, thinking 'Do i know them? Are they customers? Who are they?' :ROFLMAO:

Then once I did find myself waving after two weeks away - whilst I was in the car....and got the same look!

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I play with motorcycles ( all wavers in that game ), Smart Cars ( another bunch of wavers ) and of course MH's.. ( almost all will wave if I wave first )

Now that is fine...

BUT!

I keep on getting it all muddled up and wave at all the options no matter what I am driving / riding !!

So if you see a demented fat ol' fart on a bike gesturing in a friendly manner, it could well be me !

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
The Senior Partner has just wandered in, and having enjoyed the wave picture by "American Dream" SP did , after all go to college in Virginia), she reminded me of an incident on the A9.

I was, as usual, playing the game of trying to wave first, and waved vigorously at an oncoming MH - only to find it was a camera enforcement vehicle. I hope they found it amusing - I didn't for the next half hour or so...or for the last five minutes...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back