Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
:cry: Working 7 days aweek at the moment and doing some eveings as well but in laws are still doing my head in.
Been with us 3 months and still just over 3 weeks before they go.I hate to imagine what my gas and electric bill will be like.
Father in law just sits watching tv all day and mother in law plays on a ds all day.They have been buying shopping as thier way of helping but they buy frozen food from farmfoods?We only have frozen food when we dont have the time for anything else but very rare.
I have upset them a couple of times but they still wont go.I keep getting on to them about thier health has they do not do anythink,no walking ,no hobbies just sit all day,that can not be good.Could go on and on but got some of it of my chest.
Dave

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Now how frustrating family can be but have you considered that

perhaps there is something they arent telling you xxxxx and are desperately wanting to spend what they consider quality time with you all

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Hope this is the right place to reply. Been staying with the daughter and her miserable old hubby ...... he keeps telling me to get off my backside and go walking. Today it was snowing and below freezing .... is he trying to tell me something? I wish he would go off in that motorhome of his and let me enjoy sitting with the gas fire on full belt and watching tv, drinking all his tea and what have you. Any suggestions gratefully received.

from the Mother in Law:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
david price

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Hope this is the right place to reply. Been staying with the daughter and her miserable old hubby ...... he keeps telling me to get off my backside and go walking. Today it was snowing and below freezing .... is he trying to tell me something? I wish he would go off in that motorhome of his and let me enjoy sitting with the gas fire on full belt and watching tv, drinking all his tea and what have you. Any suggestions gratefully received.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Dave

Last edited:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp

Been rumbled?:Doh:

OP
OP
david price

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Now how frustrating family can be but have you considered that

perhaps there is something they arent telling you xxxxx and are desperately wanting to spend what they consider quality time with you all

This has happened for the last 4 years so they are taking thier time in telling us :roflmto::roflmto:
Dave

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
david price

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
Maybe they are going to rent their house out and going touring with you.:Doh::ROFLMAO:

They sold thier house years ago and live in a static and yes sometimes they do tour with us.They are like parents to me really,dont come from a close family myself so perhaps thats why they can really pixx me off sometimes.
Dave

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
My God,
I feel so much better now, I was feeling a bit low what with the recession, downturn in business, plummeting margins, increasing material costs.
Now I realise how lucky I am, I could be in your position.
Hang on in, you will reap your reward ?
Well let's hope so you DESERVE IT.
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
:cry: Working 7 days aweek at the moment and doing some eveings as well but in laws are still doing my head in.
Been with us 3 months and still just over 3 weeks before they go.I hate to imagine what my gas and electric bill will be like.
Father in law just sits watching tv all day and mother in law plays on a ds all day.They have been buying shopping as thier way of helping but they buy frozen food from farmfoods?We only have frozen food when we dont have the time for anything else but very rare.
I have upset them a couple of times but they still wont go.I keep getting on to them about thier health has they do not do anythink,no walking ,no hobbies just sit all day,that can not be good.Could go on and on but got some of it of my chest.
Dave

Oh! You have no idea of how I sympathise!! We have mother in law with us since father died - and she is exactly the same!!

ITV3 all day, all night- every day she watches die hard, every one being ' a new one' - I tried to explain that there was only 4! lol!

The rest of the time she is on DS, unaware of the TV's din, which she claims she is still watching - oh! The tv is faulty...it isn't her that turns the volume up to an ear splitting 12 - it turns ITSELF up. I suppose it goes with the Telephone, which she says is faulty, as it doesn't ring as loud as it used to - of course, she is NOT deaf...the items are faulty and we all mutter because we are ignorant!

we tried so hard to get her to go out - but she wont! 'Happy in my chair' she says.

But hopefully she is going to move in with bro-in-law soon to give us a break - he has no idea what he is in for!!!::bigsmile:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
AAaahhh that explains it

If they live in a static some static parks dont allow you to stay all year round !!!!

Be tolerant Dave xxxx Parents and inlaws are not around forever (although at times it does seem like it)

Why not take advantage of the situation - leave them to house sit and take your wife/partner off for a romantic weekend !!!!

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
David,,,,, If you stick a pin through the Co-Ax aerial cable it will make the picture go very fuzzy and snowy make sure you stick it through the centre, so the pin touches the braded part and the single bit in the middle.. :thumb:

They will either buy you a new telly or pi$$ off home.. :RollEyes:

When they have gone just pull the pin out and back to normal,, if outside put a bit of tape over the pin hole to stop water getting in..

Worked on the old dragon that lived next door to me when I was a lad and complained every time I started my motorbike. :ROFLMAO:

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
inlaws

sorry to hear of your troubles I dont get so much crap but the mother in law has got a phone stuck to her ear and know every move we make every day I am trying to find somewere to go with the camper with no phone links . any advice???:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
Dave they will not be around for ever, I would give everything to have my mum and dad back

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Dave they will not be around for ever, I would give everything to have my mum and dad back

Quite agree - although they drive us all mad now, these things will be the endearments we chuckle about later!

One of my fondest moments of the father-in-law, was when he eventually admitted he has going deaf - he bought a hearing aid, and the first night was a laugh. He sat agitated for ages, and we were wondering what was up (he was ill so we thought he was in pain) - then he blurted out 'For gods' sake turn that TV down, and stop shouting'.......He never did use the hearing aid again!

We may moan now, but we love them really ::bigsmile:

KenandSue

Free Member
Feb 20, 2010
West London
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Less than 1
...............and one of these days it will be YOU doing the same thing to your kids.........it comes around much quicker than you expect :cry: and I bet you won't enjoy being told off for taking it easy!!

However, I really do sympathise with you - 3 months is a seriously long time for relatives to stay!!!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back