Free Member
Dec 1, 2009
Anywhere in the UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Starting out fulltiming
:Smile:Someone please put me out of my misery, if you are connected to the hook up or genny is the power automatically changed over to 230V in the van or does the genny or hook up keep the leisure batteries charged so everything is running on 12V in the van, taking delivery in the next few weeks so I am grateful for all information before I go blowing things up in the van::bigsmile:
Kennygd

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
:Smile:Someone please put me out of my misery, if you are connected to the hook up or genny is the power automatically changed over to 230V in the van or does the genny or hook up keep the leisure batteries charged so everything is running on 12V in the van, taking delivery in the next few weeks so I am grateful for all information before I go blowing things up in the van::bigsmile:
Kennygd

Both

some run direct from 230v and others use the batteries on 12v still

Some auto change like the fridge (sometimes it fails so you have to do manual, or switch off and then it finds it)

Most if not all lights would be 12v

Mind you it also depends what you have, as an Rv or some vans may differ

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
On EHU our lights & 12voolt sockets, still operate from the battery which is being charged via the EHU, but the 3 pin sockets are powered to mains voltage via the EHU. Our fridge automatically senses the best operating power and automatically selects it, but you might have a switch that allows you to select Mains (EHU) gas or even battery when the vehicle engine is running.:Smile:
As Sandj posted, it will depend on the actual MH, but there is nothing to worry about.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
taking delivery in the next few weeks so I am grateful for all information before I go blowing things up in the van::bigsmile:
Kennygd

When you take delivery, the seller should give you a decent hand-over, going over everything and explaining how things work etc..

The handover should take about an hour, listen, ask questions and take notes.. some people use a cam cordor or a small audio recoding device , such as you have on many mobile phones.. If not you will forget ..

Use this check list, download and print out
Link Removed

OP
OP
K

kennygd

Free Member
Dec 1, 2009
Anywhere in the UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Starting out fulltiming
:Smile:Good advice that and thanks very much, just shows what you can find out when you ask.:thumb:
Kennygd

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back