What's the difference? (1 Viewer)

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
Can anyone tell me why, when females are driving, they are labelled "Women drivers"! yet when its time to sell a vehicle its labelled, "Lady owner"! Whats the difference? Do the "Women drivers", who seem to be cursed for their bad driving, suddenly become wonderful people to buy a car from? Just a thought.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Blimey you like living on the edge don't you !!

I have found that women who drive seem to fall in to two distinct categories

The first is 'strewth, what a bloody amazing driver

The second, 'strewth, what a terrible driver !

There does not seem to be any middle ground at all ....

So advertising a vehicle as being owned and driven by a woman may mean it has been thrashed or indeed it has been driven so slowly as to cause a hazard to all other road users.. ( Don't get me started on slow drivers and the frustrations they cause which lead to accidents ! )

OP
OP
simsy56
Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
l suppose that men come into those two categories as well.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
back in the 'owld days' i think it referred to the fact that the vehicle had not done much in the way of milage or speed as it was the runaround for 'er indoors' so she could feel independant shopping when she wanted and for running the kids around.
Doesnt really apply today though.

I will not get into the male/female driving row, there are good and bad drivers in both sexes

maggie
(and thats my truck & 5ver in the pic)

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
yet when its time to sell a vehicle its labelled, "Lady owner"!

If that lady was my daughter you'd best run a mile. She arrived one day and I put so much oil in I might as well have done an oil change.

Then I replaced the leaking crank oil seal for her.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
If that lady was my daughter you'd best run a mile. She arrived one day and I put so much oil in I might as well have done an oil change.

Then I replaced the leaking crank oil seal for her.

I have a daughter like that.....I think we all do.
John

Neilm

Free Member
Dec 10, 2009
LONDON
Funster No
MH
C CLASS
Exp
If advertised as lady owner,we all know to expect dents all over it before we go and look::bigsmile:

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
You men are such a load of sweetie-pies! If it makes you happy to think women can't drive, so be it. Ouch - you throw too hard. Ok - laugh over. I do notice that some women drivers are becoming very aggressive nowadays. They either think that equality means being like men, or they feel they have something to prove. Oh golly - I'm going to be shot down once more.

Ivy

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
I am hoping that they are better these days cos daughter has her 1st lesson tommorow with guess what..............................a woman instructor :Doh:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
You men are such a load of sweetie-pies! If it makes you happy to think women can't drive, so be it. Ouch - you throw too hard. Ok - laugh over. I do notice that some women drivers are becoming very aggressive nowadays. They either think that equality means being like men, or they feel they have something to prove. Oh golly - I'm going to be shot down once more.

Ivy

I have noticed exactly the same thing Ivy.. More and more women driving with a great deal of aggression and often very very fast indeed !

I think men drivers tend to vary an awful lot from the darned good to the bloody terrible with all stages in between..

I well remember a little something on the local tv news program some time ago
A reporter asked people if they thought they were average below average of above average drivers

The older the person the more likely they were to say average

More than 80% of men below about 45 thought they were above average ( so that was obviously wrong ! ) and 60% of women said the same
More women thought they were below average than men did

When asked the dread question about the opposite sex most women thought men were below average whilst most men thought women drivers were above average !! ( Perhaps this was driven by the urge not to cop a right hander off 'the little woman' when the cameras had gone ! )

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Can anyone tell me why, when females are driving, they are labelled "Women drivers"! yet when its time to sell a vehicle its labelled, "Lady owner"! Whats the difference? Do the "Women drivers", who seem to be cursed for their bad driving, suddenly become wonderful people to buy a car from? Just a thought.

With you on that one! I have wondered the same for years, as every 'one careful lady owner' car I ever went to view, always ended up being totally devoid of engine oil, rattling cams and no clutch!

The theory is, they drive a little more gently and don't race - check out the nearest mcdonalds car park these days, and you will see they are mostly girls driving these tuned motors. If they are not ragging them, mrs old lady from down the road is tootling along at 20mph with her foot resting on the brake pedal, and firmly engaged in 1st gear. Presumably because no one told her it as a manual! lol!

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
every 'one careful lady owner' car I ever went to view, always ended up being totally devoid of engine oil, rattling cams and no clutch!

You would never find such a vehicle in my keeping. Some of us know how to look after our vehicles and that includes engine maintenance and all working parts.

But yes boy/girl racers are bad/agressive, thing is they all need re- educating after passing their tests, most are taught that if the speed says 50 you drive at 50 if 60 thats what you should do. There is no thought to road conditions and what might happen and the rights of other road users. (they are safe in their own little world)

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Should be here in S Ireland most the drivers over 50 never sat a test they were just given their license!! Indicators what are they!

Phil

Free Member
Oct 21, 2007
Herts
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
10 years
Something I have often noticed, both boys and girls, the second they pass their test they know everything there is to know about driving.

Phil.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp

Lady owner usually the car looks like it was parked by Stevie Wonder or Ray Charleshardhat:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back