Advice needed regarding ACE Airstream 680FB (1 Viewer)

DonF

Free Member
Jun 18, 2016
Dumbarton
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Can anyone please help inside the water tank access cap there is a drain for want of a better word bung, I have been in touch with swift ,marques and a few others but cannot get the proper bung the problem is it has a small slot leading out from the circular part therefore when you use a circular bung it leaks from the small slot.
Can anyone help please
Regards

Don

mike mcglynn

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jan 6, 2008
St. Helens MERSEYSIDE
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Warwick XL
Exp
A long time now
Hi, could you try a universal plug which you buy from a diy place should fit all types of plugholes .

OP
OP
D

DonF

Free Member
Jun 18, 2016
Dumbarton
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Tried different plugs all the same just tapered the problem is the little notch off the circular bit which to me it's like inserting plug then quarter turn to lock it in position

Tried taking picture but too dark
Regards
Don

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Our Bolero is all but identical and our freshwater tank drain is, as you say, a rubber bung. But it's round, no slot in it so looks like someone may have made some sort of mod but I cannot imagine what. That's probably why dealers etc can't help.
No doubt someone (even me) could come up with a solution, but, again, a photo would help. Could you "modify" the bung? Thinks; a wine bottle cork to experiment with?

(Edit) posts crossed.

OP
OP
D

DonF

Free Member
Jun 18, 2016
Dumbarton
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Hi Terry many thanks for response tried taking pictures ended up too dark the leak is coming from the keyed bit was even trying to source another tank but was told because of its shape (tank) cannot find one I know it's a drastic measure but what other choice unless I find a breakers yard

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Could you seal it with some sort of waterproof mastic? Even if you cannot then remove the bung, you could still drain the tank by running the taps so that the water goes into the grey tank and then empty that. I'm not much of a handyman, so I expect this suggestion to be shot down in flames by the experts on here.

IMG_2259.JPG

RowleyBirkinQC

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 20, 2014
Dazed & Confused
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2007
We had trouble sourcing a new bung/plug for our tank (you don't always get the standard/expected water tank featured in manual), but no "slot" in our case. Ended up ordering an adjustable plug/bung from a chandlery. As long as you know the approx size of the hole, you can order one to fit which can then expand as required. Whether this approach may be enough to block the "slot" I know not.

Are there any identifying marks on the water tank to enable you to identify manufacturer/model info? The manufacturer on our tank helped lead me to try the chandlery avenue (make boat related habitation equipment).

Edit: it was one of these I think...

http://www.chandleryworld.co.uk/cat...-drain-plug-for-25mm-fittings_p6598-1175.html

Last edited:

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Fill the slot with something (glue, matchstick, whatever) then use a normal bung?

OP
OP
D

DonF

Free Member
Jun 18, 2016
Dumbarton
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
First of all, im not to happy about gluing the plug and i wish to thank everybody for their suggestions and their responses.

I will try to identify the tank as suggested.

Can anyone suggest a motorhome breakers yard?

TIA
Don

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Maybe a call to CAK Tanks in the Midlands to see if they can help? They've probably seem most things tank related.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back