Lots of morocco threads, but..... (2 Viewers)

May 12, 2016
Blackwood Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
N&B Arto
Exp
Since 1986
Well we're off again next month. Haven't been for 7 years, used to go every year until we lost our Son during our normal time to leave. His little daughter wasn't born so we decided to stay around for her and Mum but now she is 6 we are off. Mind you they will be flying out for a week to join us.
With regards to horrendous loo emptying our very worst experience was in Koblenz where there was a motorhome service point which was obviously full but didn't put off so many people emptying their cassettes into the point. I have a very strong stomach but that defeated me. Ridiculous thing there was an excellent campsite just across the bridge and reasonable too.
We are keeping an open mind as we realise we may see some big difference since our last visit. Hope to go down as far as Daklah as we have previously.
Looking forward to visiting the northern areas as hopefully the weather will be a lot better than previous visits Feb/March time.
In the past we always felt a lot safer than in many parts of France and Spain. My only thoughts from previous visits was if the King got the kids to pick up and sell all the plastic bags scattered everywhere the country would be a lot more presentable.

OP
OP
BreweryDave

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
Weighing up all the pros and cons, I don't think it's for me!

Beer anyone :cheers:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 12, 2016
Blackwood Caerphilly
Funster No
MH
N&B Arto
Exp
Since 1986
We like our red wine, probably too much and don,t go short in Morocco. As said previously we too buy in Spain but that's because we're too mean to pay their price. True other than the large cities you can't sit and have a beer or wine in a cafe but I think our livers quite enjoy that

gwyntaxi

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2009
,Swansea
Funster No
MH
hymer starline 655
Exp
42yearscaravanning&motorhoming
flies - I heard more about midges in Scotland than anything we encountered in Morocco
sand - on the beaches and in the desert..Wonderful
dirty - in places yes but i can take you to many s*** holes here in the UK
3rd world - Mobile phone and internet is better than UK.. Fuel stations have to be seen to believe
no beer - ??? They have their own brewery, It's not a dry county.. just expensive..
no security - plenty of cops about, usually when you dont want them like speed checks and check points but no hassle and very polite and friendly.
risk - Biggest risk I think is a major vehicle breakdown BUT old vans can be sorted and new vans you may have to wait for the parts to arrive by courier and clear customs. I found no personal or vehicle risk

Well written by someone who actually knows what he's talking about.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back