Finance payment repreive (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
maybe still dont have regular work income but i just sold my 3.5t williams trailer on ebay......£1480 :thumb:

should tide me over for two or three months repayments at least......
hope shirls flat sells soon.:Sad:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Spring is just around the corner John,, so hopefully things will pick up. :thumb:

Advertised for a cleaner down here for months to no avail,, dont think they want work down here.. :Doh:

trevosky

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Street, Somerset
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
on and off 16 years plus
Good luck hope it all sorts itself out soon,thank goodness for having things to be able to sell.
all the best Trev:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Good luck hope it all sorts itself out soon,thank goodness for having things to be able to sell.
all the best Trev:thumb:

too true....bought the trailer on a whim and only used it twice in two years, once to move furniture and once to collect a car from Birmingham, so i wont miss it.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
All the best John, there are signs of things picking up a bit,

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Spring is just around the corner John,, so hopefully things will pick up. :thumb:

Advertised for a cleaner down here for months to no avail,, dont think they want work down here.. :Doh:

We closed an outlet yesterday because we could not find staff to man it. We advertised at above minimum wage at a level where if we paid any more we would actually be losing money. Problem we have decided is that benefit are so good if you set yourself up correctly for them wages cannot compete!!!

What sort of work are you looking for Pappajohn?

stew

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
We closed an outlet yesterday because we could not find staff to man it. We advertised at above minimum wage at a level.

Is it a level that would enable people to buy or rent a home / keep a family down there :RollEyes:

Not having a go at you - just pointing out that it is usually high property prices that stop people moving to where the jobs are.

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
The outlet was in the north of England and offered a good rate pay.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
jobless

Strange isn`t it, we live not far from a large council estate, loads of unemployed families, all moaning about the influx of eastern europeans.
Oddly enough the eastern europeans came over, with nothing yet most of them are now working in all different sorts of jobs, whilst the layabouts walk around smoking all have a mobile phones, a gaggle of kids and have a regular appointment at the local magistrates court.

I know this is a bit of a general statement as not everyone that lives on a council estate lives like this and I`m certain that some of the europeans are of dubious character, just strange that so many of them have been able to set themselves up with work and a home without the handouts.

Rob and Chris

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
As was posted earlier,people aren't going to work if the benefits are worth more,gone are the days of taking pride in being able to support your family.Hope things pick up for you soon pappajohn,just mind and keep putting the lotto on:thumb:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi they generally work harder for the same or less money, we have a Portuguese beautician, she gets paid the same as the rest, but is always on the go and willing to work. Last week its 5 o'clock she's standing at reception with her coat on ready to go home, client comes in, can she have a brow wax? Isabella says no problem, off comes her coat and does the job. :Smile:

I can say without any doubt, that any of the others would have said no sorry, can you come back tomorrow.

Olley

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Well done John

As was posted earlier,people aren't going to work if the benefits are worth more,gone are the days of taking pride in being able to support your family.Hope things pick up for you soon pappajohn,just mind and keep putting the lotto on:thumb:

Opps forgot to put that in our mail, yes well done John, we haven`t met you but have read many of your posts on here since joining this happy band of travellers.
We wish you well and hope thechange in this weather brings more sunshine into your lives.

Our best Rob and Chris. :Smile:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Yes European do work for less but maybe they dont have the overheads that a British family do. While they are here some get family benefit in 2 countries if they work the system.

I dont live on a council estate but live near one with my last downsizing move to keep going and dont see all these scroungers commented on here in Wales (or in my region anyway) no doubt they do exist but each country has them but maybe us more as the system is better for those who know how to work it. I do believe most dont. I get £53 as a family carer so constantly going backwards.

I believe Papa is an electrician and maybe European workers can do his job cheaper than he can (maybe I am wrong) but feel for Papa as know he is not work shy.

Hope things work out Papajohn

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
What sort of work are you looking for Pappajohn?

stew

not actually looking for work as i have a good job and a good gaffer but work is thin on the ground at the moment (not just for us but the whole industry)and we are on 'work share' for the time being !!!
when we finaly pull out of recession and the 'order' book starts to fill i have full time work and as long as he has a business i have a job...major f*** ups on my part excluded.

he has gone out of his way to keep the workforce together, hasn't laid anyone off and no threats of redundancy.
we've survived the last 3 recessions and we'll ride this one too.

been employed by him for well over 20 years..except a 3 year gap in the late 90's.

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Benefits!!!!!!

when i went for the interview for my job i told him i had a 7 weeks holiday to south Africa, booked and paid for, one month after the starting date if i got the job.

no problem...can you recommend anyone to stand in while you're away...:Eeek: (i knew then the job was mine :thumb:)

told an unemployed mate to go see him.

he got the 7 week temp job and stayed for 6 months.

he was working a 40hr week for a tenner !!!

after all his benefits stopped he had rent, poll tax/rates, after school child minder fees (single parent) and various other thing to pay...after paying everything he had a tenner a week left.

OK, thats life, but would you work 40hrs for ten quid a week ?

he is a grafter but he was so glad to be back on benefits and have a few more quid in his pocket.....

now his son has left school and home he is back in regular work..and money in his pocket.

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
PJ, seriously for once, I don't wear my heart on my sleeve, we've never met and probably never will, but I too was jolly upset for you, for yourself, as you come over here, rather than as a representative of many genuine Brits at present.

So I'm chuffed as blazes that things are not all gloom and doom, and wish you all the very best - you deserve nothing less.

Mind you, I'll still carry on tweaking...

Cheers!

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Pappa.
As you say youve been there before and come through and you'll do it again. All the best and keep smilin.

Jim
:Smile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
not actually looking for work as i have a good job and a good gaffer

I'm saying this as a friend: No you don't.

The question you have to painfully ask yourself is "Am I kidding myself that the good times will return before I've sold off everything ?".

I am a failed optimist, as you know, or a realist, and I don't see any evidence that our economy is ever going to recover. Across the West "they" have just run out of ideas, whilst the bankers just carry on playing their games with numbers and siphoning off more and more of our money to keep themselves in a manner they know is their right.

The Isle of Man was featured on TV the other night - all they said was CUT CUT CUT because of budget deficits. Lots of cuts this year, worse to come next year. We are hearing the same here - quietly now because of the election.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
As you say youve been there before :Smile:

No way.

I'm 66 and seen some bad downturns but nothing comes near the mess we are in now. Previously we had the remains of a proud manufacturing ecomomy to pay for the imports, it's nearly all gone and some of successful the manufacturing we do have left is making military equipment that we pay for.

We squandered the oil, we squandered the gas, we sold off the gold. Now we borrow.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
No way.

I'm 66 and seen some bad downturns but nothing comes near the mess we are in now. Previously we had the remains of a proud manufacturing ecomomy to pay for the imports, it's nearly all gone and some of successful the manufacturing we do have left is making military equipment that we pay for.

We squandered the oil, we squandered the gas, we sold off the gold. Now we borrow.

Brian

Dont shout at me or try to tell me all about the past, I already know all about it, Ive been there and likley know a lot more about it than you will ever know.

This is an extract from a post that was a good luck message to pappajohn.

Now get lost. I swear there are more fools joining this forum everyday.

It was pappa who said, "we've survived the last 3 recessions and we'll ride this one too."

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back