Nice? (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Looks very nice.
Big Bay window, looks like a static :roflmto:
I wanted a 5th wheeler instead of a MH.
Ralph wanted the MH.
He won:winky:

After looking at various RV's last night, on my lappy (Boring night on TV) I'm surprised how cheap they are too.
I was always under the impression they were around the £100k mark.:Doh:
We could have got quite a good one , modern interior , and pop outs with what we've spent on our MH.
I suppose you have to weigh up if your using it for regular weekends , like us , or for long touring holidays abroad.
After being told they only average about 8 mpg at the weekend, compared to 25 it put me off a bit.
Still like the 5th wheelers though. So who knows......
Bev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Looks very nice.
Ralph wanted the MH.

After looking at various RV's last night, on my lappy I'm surprised how cheap they are too.

Bev

That is a popular misconception, yes of course you can pay hundreds of 000's for some American rigs, as you can European. But the average second-hand A class that you see at Rallies and shows in this country probably costs less than a similarly aged Euro A class:thumb: With yanks you get a lot of motorhome for your money, but they can cost a fortune to get them anywhere so whilst they can be bought cheap, you need a few quid to run them. A trip to Spain at 9 mpg doesn't leave much money for San Miguel :Eeek:

Mature-Student

Free Member
Feb 16, 2010
Scotland
Funster No
Was thinking on the same lines ...

Saw this on ebay earlier and was thinking the same. Especially as Calder recently sold a 2007 ultralite for around £24k and that was only the trailer.

Thoughts anyone, or anyone live close enough to arrange a wee viewing ... ?

PS Do 5th wheelers have CRIS numbers or does it go by the chassis number? And if the latter, how would you check for a stolen / non-legit sale?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Eeer!!!!! both vehicles are almost 12 years old.
you can pick up a 6 year old F350 for less than £14k so i'd say a 12year old one will see around £6k.

price is about right in my opinion.

i check the seller as genuine but have you seen his feedback score...

only 50% positive feedback :Eeek:

just noticed its in the info for the truck as first reg 1999 but its on R plates....1997/8

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
Interesting Thread Thank you.

Sounds too expensive to run fuel/insurance/spares&repairs:Eeek:
but interesting to look at :Cool:

tink

Free Member
Sep 9, 2008
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
5ver
Exp
30 on & off
Looks very nice.
Ralph wanted the MH.

After looking at various RV's last night, on my lappy (Boring night on TV) I'm surprised how cheap they are too.
We could have got quite a good one , modern interior , and pop outs with what we've spent on our MH.
I suppose you have to weigh up if your using it for regular weekends , like us , or for long touring holidays abroad.
After being told they only average about 8 mpg at the weekend, compared to 25 it put me off a bit.
Still like the 5th wheelers though. So who knows......
Bev

Hi Bev yes the Yank trucks are thirsty but you don't need a Yank to pull a 5ver,We use a 05Ford Transit dbl cab & average the same as a Transit euro van 25mpg:Smile: we may not have a v8 power plant but we do have fuel economy & there is only one way fuel prices are going:cry: M/S our American 5ver (26' Sun Valley) from Niche Marketing Lincs. came Cris registered from new but they are main dealers.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Wheres all this 8mpg come from...My old Cummins does 18mpg and with a 2000 mile range I can buy my fuel in countries where its cheapest.
I worked out once that its cheaper to run my yank than a Euro in real terms.
I had a Fiat years ago with a 2.5 diesel that I never got more than 22mpg from when towing a trailer.
I know if you are going down the route of petrol engined RVs they are thirsty,but imagine any petrol engined motorhome woul be thirsty too.
IMO there is no substitute for space and comfort,thats why Relient Robins are not very popular for long range travel:ROFLMAO:::bigsmile::winky::thumb:

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
Wheres all this 8mpg come from...

I was mildly surprised too. But when you think about it 6.5 litre Automatic and an old one at that. Not very aerodynamic so if you use all that power for higher speed....

(My Citroen fuel consumption meter shows about half as many miles per gallon at 80mph as it does at 40mph, and its is a lot more aerodynamic than this one, having no turbulence behind a separate towing vehicle)

OP
OP
Dodgey
Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
I was mildly surprised too. But when you think about it 6.5 litre Automatic and an old one at that. Not very aerodynamic so if you use all that power for higher speed....

We've got the 6.5 TD V8 in our Winne, and whilst I've never worked out the MPG (can't be bothered) the reconing is 15+ and I have no reason to doubt it, the fuel guage moves at a far less alarming rate than our privious petrol RV, even accepting that Winne's tank's a bit bigger.

Mature-Student

Free Member
Feb 16, 2010
Scotland
Funster No
Oooopsss!

Sorry - I was looking at this one, when I clicked on the other link yesterday (or thought I had) I must have had this one already open:

Link Removed

This defo sounds too good to be true! Especially when compared to the other one.

How would I check it's genuine? Chassis number?

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
I check the fuel consumption because if it starts using more than it should I would be polluting the environment, wasting fossil fuels, and throwing away money I could be giving to charity.

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I check the fuel consumption because if it starts using more than it should I would be polluting the environment, wasting fossil fuels, and throwing away money I could be giving to charity.
Constantly checking fuel consumption is the best way of keeping an eye on other problems,before they arise.
Any sharp drop in MPG is a sure sign of somthing else going wrong,ie brakes binding,worn engine,turbo problems,all the other little headaches that are not immediatly noticable.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
That is a popular misconception, yes of course you can pay hundreds of 000's for some American rigs, as you can European. But the average second-hand A class that you see at Rallies and shows in this country probably costs less than a similarly aged Euro A class:thumb: With yanks you get a lot of motorhome for your money, but they can cost a fortune to get them anywhere so whilst they can be bought cheap, you need a few quid to run them. A trip to Spain at 9 mpg doesn't leave much money for San Miguel :Eeek:

And, dont forget the Insurance Premiums.

Jim
:Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back