johnnerontheroad

Free Member
Dec 11, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I am thinking of getting a netbook can anyone tell me will it work with Skype and if it does will Skype eat my download credits?

Dave

Last edited:

markymark

Free Member
Mar 21, 2009
New Forest Southampton
Funster No
MH
Swift 6 berth Coach built
Exp
Good question Dave would like to know the answer to.:thumb:
Also how much credit does surfing use up, say for an hour:Blush:

ocsid

Free Member
Dec 20, 2008
Funster No
Yes Skype works fine from a netbook, but Skype with video is very hungry and will eat the merger allowance of say a mobile internet dongle. I am on Vodafone's 1 GB/£15 and will not entertain Skyping with that. Skype use to give you a readout of actual data rate but I now cant find that facility so cant be specific.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

johnnerontheroad

Free Member
Dec 11, 2008
Durham
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Yes Skype works fine from a netbook, but Skype with video is very hungry and will eat the merger allowance of say a mobile internet dongle. I am on Vodafone's 1 GB/£15 and will not entertain Skyping with that. Skype use to give you a readout of actual data rate but I now cant find that facility so cant be specific.

Have you tried without the video link just the voice does it still use eat your download allowance?

Dave

Oct 1, 2009
Near Tenterden, Kent
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
Since 2009
Skype works fine on our netbook.

However, Skype with video will eat up your allowance but with voice only, it is not a big problem.

ocsid

Free Member
Dec 20, 2008
Funster No
Have you tried without the video link just the voice does it still use eat your download allowance?

Dave

No but b2tuscan has an answer.

For voice in the UK we simply use our 3mobile with its free Skype voice/chat, another excellent cost saving option and one not needing a WiFi link.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back