Changing RV, little help please. (1 Viewer)

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Any idea`s ?

I am looking to change my R.Vision Trailite,, been looking through the various dealers etc.. and it`s a minefield,, been offered a good deal on a brand new Damon Break,, but it is nearly 7.5ton. :Sad:

I want an RV with a full 3 seater settee/Sofa/bed, 3rd seat (Bucket) that faces forwards,, and the standard dinning table & chairs/bench seat set up..

Approx 32-34ft with at least 1 slidout. not worried about petrol or diesal..

I tow a 4 wheeltrailer with a light`ish car on so that would have to be taken into the weight equasion.. All up 8.25 tons.

My Trailite is stamped as being 6,800kg.
Out of curiosity what in tons is 6,800kg, blowed if I can work it out. :Doh:

Thanks.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
on google if you put in
6800kg in tons
it tells you the answer:Doh:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
6.8 metric tonnes
7.495717 tons in old money

just to confuse even more:ROFLMAO:

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
Any idea`s ?

I am looking to change my R.Vision Trailite,, been looking through the various dealers etc.. and it`s a minefield,, been offered a good deal on a brand new Damon Break,, but it is nearly 7.5ton. :Sad:

I want an RV with a full 3 seater settee/Sofa/bed, 3rd seat (Bucket) that faces forwards,, and the standard dinning table & chairs/bench seat set up..

I tow a 4 wheeltrailer with a light`ish car on so that would have to be taken into the weight equasion.. All up 8.25 tons.

Thanks.

6800kg = 14987 lbs = 6.69 tons (Long ton is 2240 lbs)

so 6800 kg (6.8 tonnes) is 6.7tons

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi why convert? all DVLA weights are in Kg's, ie. your licence allows you to drive up to 7,500kg's with a total train weight of 8,250Kg

Olley

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
Jump on a plane and buy one from the USA :thumb: The cost of the weeks holiday will be more than covered by the savings you make and you will have a huge choice compared to the offerings in the UK :winky:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi why convert? all DVLA weights are in Kg's, ie. your licence allows you to drive up to 7,500kg's with a total train weight of 8,250Kg

Olley

Cheers Olley,, (Why Convert).. cos some adds I have looked at have said weights in tonnage. :Smile:

Jump on a plane and buy one from the USA :thumb: The cost of the weeks holiday will be more than covered by the savings you make and you will have a huge choice compared to the offerings in the UK :winky:

Had thought of that ,, dazzer.. But = time factor,,conversion,, paperwork hassle,,
If I can get another 4-5 years RV`ing in I will be happy,, so wipe six months off and it works out quite a lump.. :cry:

+ I would have to sell the one I had now to help finance the new one, and I dont want to be without for months, got to much to see and do, :Smile: we not all as wealthy as you mate. :winky: :thumb:

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
Hi I think you will struggle to get an "A" class RV 34' long with a slide, that you can put a car trailer on the back and still be under 8,250kg. How about a "C" Class?

Olley

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Any idea`s ?

Thanks.

Mo we are ready to trade our Hurricane A class in for a new C Class. Its 04 plate, 20k miles, Ford triton v10 petrol lpg 32 ft , 7121kg, maxview wind up satellite, 3 seat bed sofa, bucket seat, dinette, but no slides . If of any interest send me a PM

Larry

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Hi I think you will struggle to get an "A" class RV 34' long with a slide, that you can put a car trailer on the back and still be under 8,250kg. How about a "C" Class?

Olley

Hi olley,, had thought of going down that road,, but I like the extra space you seem to get with an "A" class,, and definately they seem to make the inside feel bigger, and you get two more usable seats/chairs,,

And you get nice driving vision, being up high.. :thumb:

And you can look down into convertible`s when young ladies are driving.. :winky::ROFLMAO:
when the misses aint watching me.. :whatthe:

OP
OP
old-mo

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Mo we are ready to trade our Hurricane A class in for a new C Class. Its 04 plate, 20k miles, Ford triton v10 petrol lpg 32 ft , 7121kg, maxview wind up satellite, 3 seat bed sofa, bucket seat, dinette, but no slides . If of any interest send me a PM

Larry

Thanks for that Larry,, we were toying with getting a new`ish one,, and cos of my lads leg (stainless rods etc) we must have a slide to give him the space to move around and stick his dodgey leg out..

Wish you luck in selling yours on. :thumb:

What type C are you getting?

Dec 4, 2007
worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Winnebago
Exp
20 years

If you want to enjoy a couple of hours dreaming go on the RV trader web site Paul:winky:

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Thanks for that Larry,, we were toying with getting a new`ish one,, and cos of my lads leg (stainless rods etc) we must have a slide to give him the space to move around and stick his dodgey leg out..

Wish you luck in selling yours on. :thumb:

What type C are you getting?

We are waiting to see a Winnebago Aspect and a Four Winds Citation

Larry

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I have a Four Winds Chateau Citation 2006 if you need any info contact me

Indy :Smile:

Thanks Indy, having robbed the wifes purse we are hoping we can afford a new one, fingers crossed

Larry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back