Is anybody happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Dawnbreak

Free Member
Aug 30, 2009
Sussex
Funster No
MH
Not as yet
On another thread I stated about hubby and I will be purchasing brand new as and when........and it seems just not the done thing.

SO FUNSTERS.....:thumb:COME CLEAN....WHOSE ABSOLUTELY OVER THE MOON THAT THEY PURCHASED BRAND NEW!

with or without teething problems.......and would you purchase new again?

Last edited:

PenelopePitstop

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 3, 2007
Royston Vasey and beyond!
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 1999
We bought a new Knaus 3 years ago ( it was Lowdhams demo van so a year old but never been used).
We love it! It was great to have a new van and apart from minor teething problems we've had no trouble! :Smile::Smile:

If you're happy with your van don't be put off by others - everyone has different needs and opinions!:thumb::thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Whatever you do don't cross post this to other forums.

If we don't have generous people buying new there's no used ones for discerning buyers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
New

We bought our Burstner A Class new,and have had a few teathing problems, but nothing major we have been back to our dealer about 5 or 6 times.
Would I buy new again, probably not. If possible I would try and buy a van 1-2 years old.
It would
A have the exta,s fitted to save you having to buy them all again
B Have all the little faults ironed out for you

Many people buy a van and then change their mind on layout or size so if you keep looking there are some good buys out there - Sue

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Whatever you do don't cross post this to other forums.

If we don't have generous people buying new there's no used ones for discerning buyers.

my thoughts exactly..............................

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
would love to buy a new one, but until we win the lottery it just wont happen xxxx

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
On another thread I stated about hubby and I will be purchasing brand new as and when........and it seems just not the done thing.
SO FUNSTERS.....:thumb:COME CLEAN....WHOSE ABSOLUTELY OVER THE MOON THAT THEY PURCHASED BRAND NEW!
with or without teething problems.......and would you purchase new again?

Theres nowt like having a brand new virgin that no one else has used but theres a price to pay................

Peter

david price

Free Member
Sep 28, 2008
Bridgenorth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
5 years
We are happy with ours.had some problems mainly on the fiart side but this is the one we intend to keep.
Dave

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
We are very happy with our Roller Team 600 which we bought new, not had any problems with it at all.The only thing we had to replace was a head lamp because a wood pigeon hit us on our first trip out and broke it. Graham didnt have the nerve to take it back to the dealership and have it done under warranty just in case the PDI showed this was ok before it left the showroom ::bigsmile:

The only downside with new is it doesnt come with all the extras that you may find if you buy second hand and when you drive off that forecourt you've already devalued it. Would we buy new again, yes is the answer and as I say each to their own whether they want new or second hand.

Dale

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
We bought new as we wanted a Renault Master with "auto" gearbox.

Now two year old Renault has been faultless over 10,000 miles and the gearbox great for my dodgy knee. The Devon Monaco conversion has also given us very little trouble. We found Devon to be extremely helpful with mods I wished to make.

Would I buy new again - definitely not - if I could find what I wanted a year or two old.

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
New

Our third van was a new Marquis demonstrator and a bit cheaper but in excellent condition.
Our others were 2nd hand and had the extras but to be frank I don't miss them.
Plus points - No MOT to worry about and under Warranty for habitation and base vehicle.
Depends on what you want and ho much you want to pay I suppose.:thumb: good luck

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years

with or without teething problems.......and would you purchase new again?[/QUOTE
Hiya Dawn ? We bought our second van in September 09, from Discover, this is a completly different layout to our Bessacar, both of us are delighted with our new Chausson :thumb:and glad we bought new this time.If it suits what you want dont listen to others as life would be boring if we all drove round like clones. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
Weve bought brand new and had second hand,I don't think i will ever buy new again.If you buy a van thats only a couple of yrs old everythings been done for you.Brand spankers have the benefit of no one ever having sat on your loo,slept on your bed or used any of your bits'n'bobs,but you also have to iron out all the teething problems that takes up time when you should be out enjoying your new van.Whatever you decide best of luck and happy travels:thumb:

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
We brought our 650 Tribute new March 1st 08, great feeling new van new registration, as bazfergy says no one sat on the toilet or slept in the bed, only fault we have really had was the reverse gear judder which Fiat sorted under warranty, recently had to go in for fault on radiator fan wiring, which brought the engine managment light on. All in all well pleased with van, If I could afford new again I would do it again but it's verry doubtfull.

John.

OP
OP
D

Dawnbreak

Free Member
Aug 30, 2009
Sussex
Funster No
MH
Not as yet
Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply, its been very enlightening.:Smile:

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
A late reply,
Yes more than happy to buy new, acknowledge the cost implications, but much prefer to write the history of my van.
I have mentioned previously on my views on some who seem happy to thrash their pride and joy at 80mph or more and then complain on build quality, reliability etc.
Ok! St Valentines has just passed but reckon your motorhome is like a marriage, look after it and put in a bit of effort and you will reap your rewards.
Who said after my post of yesterday I was a grumpy old ?
:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back