Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
My Little Autoquest 115 has a GVM of 3000kgs but I note the V5C Revenue weight under Sect 4(y) is blank (as in no entry) as is F.1 (max permissible mass) and G (mass in service)

The taxation class (x) is PLG which is correct

I have just uprated my GVM with SvTech to 3200kgs and have applied the new converters plate to reflect this change next to Peugeots original stamped weight plate.

Do I need to notify DVLA and change my V5C (bearing in mind that there's nothing on it anyway) or is it irrelevant as long as the Taxation class has not changed?

My paperwork is now

V5C – PLG
SvTech Converter plate with new GVM
SvTech certificate of new weight

Insurers have been informed

Only asking because SvTech are closed for the weekend….:Cool:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
when i rang DVLA about mine i was told the details on your V5 are a direct copy of their records....if you dont have a stated weight then niether do they.....ridiculous but true.

it will still be PLG but worth telling them (local office, not swansea) incase you get a pull from VOSA and they query it.

i doubt it will make any difference but the more folks ring DVLA with corrections the sooner they'll take more care in ensuring details are complete and correct to start with.

OP
OP
Autoquest

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
As I thought PJ - I think SvTech inform DVLA of the change and the computerised database is updated so I should be OK for those roadside checks:Cool: I think I will just crack on as I am...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
still worth a phonecall on monday to SV to be sure...:thumb:

just had a thought though...

if VOSA use the DVLA database for the data they're going to hit a dead end...DVLA dont have the data anyway if your V5 revenue weight is blank.

VOSA must work on the plate weights.

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
when i rang DVLA about mine i was told the details on your V5 are a direct copy of their records....if you dont have a stated weight then niether do they.....ridiculous but true.

it will still be PLG but worth telling them (local office, not swansea) incase you get a pull from VOSA and they query it.

i doubt it will make any difference but the more folks ring DVLA with corrections the sooner they'll take more care in ensuring details are complete and correct to start with.

Hi there PJ,

have you got the number to ring them on, just saves me having to look it up and finding I've rang the wrong dept?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
0870 240 0010
An advisor will be able to assist you 8.00am - 8.30pm Monday to Friday and 8.00am - 5.30pm on Saturday.

its an automated service until you get to the 'if you would like to speak to an adviser' option.

they will ask for the reg No and your name and address.

hope you understand the welsh accent :ROFLMAO:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Guys

Just copied this from the DVLA website.......

Vehicle enquiries

Normal Opening Times
Monday to Friday 8.00 am to 8.30 pm., Saturday 8.00 am to 5.30 pm

Telephone: 0300 790 6802 Fax: 0300 123 0798

Address:

Vehicle Customer Services (VCS) DVLA Swansea SA99 1AR. To avoid delay with written enquiries it is important to use the correct postcode.

The 0870 number could cost quite a bit if they keep you hanging on, so use this one.

OP
OP
Autoquest

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
Brilliant PJ - Than number has changed now to an 0300 number and I never got to write it down but was redirected anyway. A young lady with a fabulous welsh lilt took the details and asked me to send the V5C, a covering letter and the SvTech certificate to the following address where, on receipt they will issue a new one.

For Attn VC4
DVLA Swansea
SA99 1BA

Sorted :Smile::Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Brilliant PJ - Than number has changed now to an 0300 number and I never got to write it down but was redirected anyway. A young lady with a fabulous welsh lilt took the details and asked me to send the V5C, a covering letter and the SvTech certificate to the following address where, on receipt they will issue a new one.

For Attn VC4
DVLA Swansea
SA99 1BA

Sorted :Smile::Smile:

send a photocopy of the certificate.....they may "forget" to return it !

must have just changed it as i rang the other 0870 No just last week.
unless i got redirected and didnt realise it. :Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back