Decals (1 Viewer)

C

claybury

Deleted User
Can anyone tell me wher I can obtain new Decals for my Autocruise Starburst 2006.
The same decals appear on other Autocruise models of a similar age.

colin&lesley

Free Member
Oct 2, 2009
WidmerEnd Nr High Wycombe
Funster No
Exp
New
I have a 2006 Stardream and the decals have bubbled due to the previous owner taking it to the Southn of France. If you have any information on replacement yet, pls forwad details to me.

Colin

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Try contacting a motorhome dealer who deals with your model, they aint cheap though.
or
try one of the guys round the shows that do alsorts of transfers/decals for on motorhomes and see if they can do them for you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Can anyone tell me wher I can obtain new Decals for my Autocruise Starburst 2006.
The same decals appear on other Autocruise models of a similar age.

Take some photo's of you're 'van and have a word with your local graphics design shop.
There's loads about and its a fair bet they will be MILES cheaper than supplies from the manufacturer.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Take some photo's of you're 'van and have a word with your local graphics design shop.
There's loads about and its a fair bet they will be MILES cheaper than supplies from the manufacturer.

or even your local tech college....or whatever they call 'em these days.:Doh:

you'll only pay for materials :thumb:

our local tech does hairdressing and beauty sessions plus the mechanical workshop do servicing and repairs and there is a proper, subsidized, restaurant open to the public.

all done by final year students for a minimal cost and a tip.

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
I have a 2006 Stardream and the decals have bubbled due to the previous owner taking it to the Southn of France. If you have any information on replacement yet, pls forwad details to me.
Colin

Prick the bubbles with a pin and rub with a cloth, as to new decals, go to local signwriter, far far cheaper.

Peter

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No

"our local tech does hairdressing and beauty sessions "

Tried 'em PJ? Did they enhance your natural beauty??

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
graphics

hi, google, i think it is clarion graphics, star fire, 2 large 2 medium, 32 ounds, bristol area, will try and get better details a s a p,,,

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
or even your local tech college....or whatever they call 'em these days.:Doh:

you'll only pay for materials :thumb:

our local tech does hairdressing and beauty sessions plus the mechanical workshop do servicing and repairs and there is a proper, subsidized, restaurant open to the public.

all done by final year students for a minimal cost and a tip.

OMFG...I am getting desperately worried about some Funsters.

I do hope I wont have to always park with my rear end up against a wall! :winky:

ingram

Free Member
Aug 9, 2008
Funster No
I was about to start a thread on this subject when I spotted this one.

This is a common problem on '06' era Autocruises with the 'blue' decals.

I have not yet seen one that is not affected and it is not just 'bubbles' but the outer film bubbles, wrinkles, shrinks and slides out of place. There is no way that I would want to replace them with similar originals.

I met a man at the recent Peterborough show who had had some replacements made and they looked very smart, although not exactly the same colour as the originals: more of an overall 'blue hue'.

He had them made by this company:-- Jetscreen near York

http://www.jetscreen.co.uk/

He had to pay an initial set up fee to get them photographed and then price per decal. They were quite expensive; I think about £250 or so for the set of six.
He gave me a spare sample that was an 'inbetween' size. I will photograph it and put the picture here.

I will contact the company shortly to see if they still have the master and to check the price.

I have only just yesterday removed one of the large decals from the side of my Starblazer and it actually looks quite neat with just the 'Starblazer' name on the side. I may just replace the small front ones..........

Harvey

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi try ringing mick ( mc tints / graphics )on 07739913161 and talk with him
terry

ingram

Free Member
Aug 9, 2008
Funster No
Starblazer with decal removed, and a sample of the repro. from Jetscreen: you won't need the 'name' part of course.

Attachments

• Decal removed.JPG
    Decal removed.JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 44
  • Star Decal (2).JPG
    Star Decal (2).JPG
    26.4 KB · Views: 41

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.