LIFE MEMBER
Oct 28, 2013
SW England
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
A few years now
@jezport That looks a really good idea - might use that method too (y) What did you use to stick the panel feet? Have you any photos of how to run it on the inside please?

Last edited:
OP
OP
jezport
Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
@jezport That looks a really good idea - might use that method too (y) What did you use to stick the panel feet? Have you any photos of how to run it on the inside please?
Black sikaflex plus screws.
It was a simple cable routING through the frame and through the ceiling to the overcast area. I didn't take any other photos

locsuna

Free Member
Dec 23, 2016
North East
Funster No
MH
pvc
Exp
since 2014
New van full of ideas mainly from Possl.DE. Here's a few of mine,

Refillable light ali gas bottles, Autogas 2000, great people and service.
refillable gas.jpg

Washing up bowl.

new bowl 1.jpg
new bowl.jpg

Cutlery tray and replaced runners with double extension ones.

cutlery drawer in van.jpg

Hopefully solar and a rear camera if I can work out the connection the the factory cable next.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 12, 2016
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Globecar Revolution
Exp
Since 2006
Locsuna
There's not much on the Globecar that annoys me
Other than they have an odd shaped drawer and then don't provide a cutlery tray to fit it.:rolleyes:

locsuna

Free Member
Dec 23, 2016
North East
Funster No
MH
pvc
Exp
since 2014
I have to agree it's a fun shape, it would have been nice if they had got someone to mould cutlery trays. I think the standard of the vans is very good overall.

locsuna

Free Member
Dec 23, 2016
North East
Funster No
MH
pvc
Exp
since 2014
Hi all, after a bit of faffing about I've now got a radio/rear camera set up. Found it too much of a pain to find the reverse switch so I have a switch near the gear lever so I can switch it independently.
Also fitted some slim door edge protection, big doors and car parks.!!!

camera.jpg Head 1.jpg Head 2.jpg door trim.jpg

Hopefully solar panels next week if it stays dry.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
Hi all, after a bit of faffing about I've now got a radio/rear camera set up. Found it too much of a pain to find the reverse switch so I have a switch near the gear lever so I can switch it independently.
Also fitted some slim door edge protection, big doors and car parks.!!!

View attachment 162886 View attachment 162888 View attachment 162889 View attachment 162887

Hopefully solar panels next week if it stays dry.

@locsuna We asked our dealer if they could wire our Blaupunkt radio, sat nav and reversing camera so the camera was on all the time and they said that it couldn't be done, so obviously they were wrong I'll have to see if I can get this altered.

John.

rikardo

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 15, 2015
Bath
Funster No
MH
Looking to Buy
Exp
Starting Out
@locsuna great modifications. Any chance you could offer up where to source the runners and washing up bowl please?

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I see in a couple of threads you've tried more than one type of PIR light, so I wondered which worked out best and which you'd recommend? I'm thinking of something for the shower/toilet area, not sure if we'd need something by the end of the bed too though ... or something water-resistant?
Sorry ... only just spotted your message! :X3:

We've got these:

30D799A7568D909691F6563747F68D56929EEC4343569946339CD227999A639ED2431666D373D29E63999ED25397669EC853CB161666EE464313A073.JPG

and these:

s-l1600.jpg

Both type have been good but the smaller silver ones have the advantage of an on/off switch so can be turned off between trips. Unfortunately though hubby bought some cheap batteries and they've leaked in a couple of them so they're now stuffed but fortunately he got some round ones cheap at a car boot sale so we're gonna try them now. Just remembered that we did find that the larger white ones, when the batteries were fading, would actually stay on all the time ... nuts!

I must admit not having to mess about switching on a light when going to the loo is a bonus as the light is more than sufficient to use the toilet etc but not so bright as to disturb others. Having them in the cupboards too is very useful and brighter than the usual cupboard type.

Just to add that if you do decide to put one at the end of the bed made sure that it can't be activated by you turning over etc during the night otherwise you'll end up having a 'disco' in there!

locsuna

Free Member
Dec 23, 2016
North East
Funster No
MH
pvc
Exp
since 2014
Hi rikado, the runners I think are from ironmomgerydirect, google 300mm double extension drawer runners for the best price. The bowl is one of those collapsible ones but it took the use of a block plane to make it fit. Ill try and get some pics to show what I mean.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
@locsuna We asked our dealer if they could wire our Blaupunkt radio, sat nav and reversing camera so the camera was on all the time and they said that it couldn't be done, so obviously they were wrong I'll have to see if I can get this altered.

John.
LOL Yes they couldn't be bothered by the sounds of it

Reactions: f6c

locsuna

Free Member
Dec 23, 2016
North East
Funster No
MH
pvc
Exp
since 2014
Hi, the drawer itself I made. I have a stupid idea then spend ages trying to make it work. Its made form left over pieces of Vorhinger lightweight ply.. I used it on my old self build. The catch is the one supplied with the van. Yes I thought it was tight and not very square. I took the plastic bump stops off the inside the door and replaced them with draught proofing foam. I also tweeted the bolted on catch part with a pair of mole grips to ease it.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Posted this elsewhere but as it's a mod I thought you might want to see it.

View attachment 164501 View attachment 164502

Just on with solar panels at the mo!!!
Nice ... but the 'bath' is a bit small! :rolleyes:

Seriously, I'd love to do that with ours but unfortunately the metal work underneath for the seat base goes part way across the opening so I don't know if I could fit a drawer unit as I'm not sure if there's space ... I'll have to have a shuftie at some point.

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
I've fitted one of these today to keep our passports and documents safe when travelling abroad.

John.

IMG_0619.JPG

locsuna

Free Member
Dec 23, 2016
North East
Funster No
MH
pvc
Exp
since 2014
Great idea must get round to fitting one. I like the one that replaces the door pocket. Having said that our docs are still in the door pocket from when I showed them two weeks ago at Dover for the ferry!!!

Oct 19, 2013
East Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 115
Exp
Few years
I've fitted one of these today to keep our passports and documents safe when travelling abroad.

That looks like what I need - can I ask a couple of questions...how big is this, how did you fix it and where was it from...
richard

Neckender

Free Member
Oct 15, 2007
Neckend or North Wales.
Funster No
MH
VW T6.1Kombi day Van
Exp
Since 2004
That looks like what I need - can I ask a couple of questions...how big is this, how did you fix it and where was it from...
richard
@RichardB Type this in eBay all the details are there,

Caravan Motorhome Home Carasafe Mini Valuables Safe

There are already fixing holes in the safe but the rear ones didn't match up to where I was fixing it so I drilled 2 new holes in the rear.
Where I fitted it I drilled and tapped the corresponding holes in the framework of our van, for extra security I also sika fexed it to the framework and then bolted it down.
Is your van a Globecar if so I will send you a picture of where I fitted the safe.

John.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I've been doing some stuff on my camper recently including putting some grids/bars on the windows in the sliding door and dinette, and also put a quick release TV bracket over the dinette seat so the TV can be moved there from over the bed if we want to watch it during the day. Also previously the bump stop was removed from the sliding door so it now doesn't 'snag' on the dog gate!

In the kitchen area I've modified the new tap I fitted by making a much shorter lever for it so it now doesn't get caught by the glass sink lid and turned on accidentally; whilst I was in the 'area' I also put some sealant round the side/back of the worktop where it meets the wardrobe side and rear upstand to prevent any water going down it.

In the cab I slipped some filing cabinet pocket plastic 'connecting strips' over the bottom edges of the cab door blind frames so they won't get damaged by the dogs' claws. I also put a nice long light above the cab so I can read etc at night when sat in the swivelled cab seats, it's a nice brushed aluminium with 6 led sections in ... similar to this 4 section one:

s-l1600.jpg

I decided to make a nice neat job of it so fed the cable up into the overcab storage area, then along behind the plastic wall lining and cupboard lining at the top rear of the long run of lockers over the sofa to the 12v box at the far end ... to say it was an absolute pain in the bum is an understatement ... messing about with an old coat hanger etc I finally managed to get it through ... must've took me an hour to do it through!!! For a switch I used a simple in-line on/off one which I've mounted in the gap between the upper lock and the 'C' pillar.

I've also stuck gaffer tape on the bottom corner of the window blind frames where they've broken/cracked ... I think I've found the reason for this happening though! When the blind is fully closed (ie pulled right down) the bottom corner that is screwed to the wall has a gap between it and the wall so 'moves' and due to the slight curve of the wall it appears to also have pressure on the very thin lip that holds the side vertical frame pieces in place, hence over time they crack/break ... no idea why our camper is like this but disappointed that if they had simply fitted a small filler piece in the gap it would have meant the corner couldn't move and be held in place which would probably have prevented this ever happening. For the time being I've put some stick-on pads in the gap to try to prevent it moving but the damage is done, I just hope the gaffer tape holds whilst we're on holiday!!! Once the dealer gets the replacement corners in (ridiculous amount of time we've waited!) once fitted I'll make sure they aren't under pressure/there's no gap for them to flex so this doesn't happen again.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
@Minxy Girl where did you get the sectional light from.

John.
Car boot sale ... (y)

Done some more jobs which others might be interested in:

I've fitted some 'security bars' on the 2 large side windows:

3 window bar.JPG

These were made from some strong caravan double drying racks, the type that you hang from an open window similar to the below:
rack.jpg

I removed the 'hook arms' and have attached the remaining 'bars' with some cable clamps at the bottom only as the top part slots behind the blind casing and doesn't affect the use of the blinds or the windows which can be easily opened and closed. Apart from making the camper look 'secure' from the outside when the window is open there's no danger of the dogs falling/being accidentally pushed out! :rolleyes: For those worried about 'exiting' the camper in an emergency as we have the rear doors, side sliding door and 2 cab doors I didn't feel this was an issue.

The new covers came for the Bromptons so they've now been put on and the bikes fit perfectly at the near side, one behind the other, with the new storage box I bought next to them, you can see the large elasticated net on the right that is stretched across and clips into 2 rings (top and bottom) so that nothing can escape when the doors are opened!

1 under bed storage.JPG

I've also put in some 'hangers' for our chairs under the rear bed ... they are large L brackets that I picked up somewhere yonks ago and thought "they'll come in handy one day ..." and they have, one part is slotted between the 2 bed base sections and sits on top of the slats allowing the remaining part to hang down - perfect for one end of the chairs to slot into with the other held up with a bungie strap ... keeps them up out of the way and easily accessible as they won't get stuff put on top of them. (y)

1 chair hanger.JPG

2 chair hanger.JPG

I've also put a quick release bracket up on the wall in the dinette area so we can move the TV to watch it there if we want to (normally kept at the end of the bed). You may notice that the bracket is the part that is normally fitted onto the rear of the TV ... whilst I have 2 of these fixings I only have 1 of the wall fixings (can't find the other!) so I've put the wall fixing on the TV and the TV ones on the walls and have also mounted them with the 'release clip' at the side rather than the top so the TV slides on/off sideways which makes it much easier to put it on/take it off ... as the TV is always secured with a strap in transit it won't move/can't come off. :D

4 tv bracket.JPG

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
@Neckender photo of my lovely light ... plus some other bits:

New over cab strip light, switch at nearside behind the cab door which means it can be turned on if we enter via the passenger door.
cab light 1.JPG
cab light 2.JPG

cab light switch.JPG

Cab door blind 'protector' strips:
cab blind edge protector 1.JPG
cab blind edge protector 2.JPG

Sliding door bump stop block removed and sticky backed felt pad placed over holes as a temporary measure:
sliding door bump stop removed.JPG

I got hold of some off-cuts of 'soft' astroturf and have made a nice mat for the camper side entrance and also have a smaller piece to put outside to wipe feet on too:
grass mat.JPG

In order to prevent the bottom of the upper wardrobe door surround getting damaged when taking out storage boxes I've slotted on a plastic cover:
cupboard protector.JPG

Tap lever mod ... I'll put a nice rubber cap on it when I've got time to have a rummage in my 'bits' boxes!
tab lever mod.JPG

Lastly, for now at least, I've put some self-adhesive rubber strip along the outer edge of the worktop extension flap so that stuff can't accidentally get pushed off:
worktop bumper 1.JPG

These mods can be easily reversed to put the camper back to how it was originally, leaving no trace in most cases.

locsuna

Free Member
Dec 23, 2016
North East
Funster No
MH
pvc
Exp
since 2014
Where do you find the time...I also took the sliding door block off, it never touched anything open door or closed.

locsuna

Free Member
Dec 23, 2016
North East
Funster No
MH
pvc
Exp
since 2014
image.jpg
I don't know if you class this as a mod or just a purchase. I didn't have time to fit USB sockets in the living/sleeping areas so I fitted two of these. They fit in the lighting rail therefore can go in the front over the table or sink.

locsuna

Free Member
Dec 23, 2016
North East
Funster No
MH
pvc
Exp
since 2014
I had to order from a German company, I'll try and find their details. They weren't the cheapest option at I think €70 inc postage for two but they are very versatile.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back