Swift Habitation Door (1 Viewer)

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
I received a letter from Swift on the 15th jan 2010 asking me to book my m/home into the local dealers to have a simple mod done(Removal of gas strut and the fitment of a door/stop retainer) droped of m/home on sat 6th feb and due to pick it up sat 13th feb this suits me.Low&Behold i get a second letter to day telling me to book my m/home in to have a mod done to the habitation door this time they state that my door requires the replacement of the fitted pressurised gas strut and replaced with a non pressurised strut also a lower door retainer i contacted the dealer to see if they are aware of this revised mod they are in the dark and have not rec the letter from Swift i scaned in the letter and e/mailed them i also contact Swift but just got the run around i know that sometimes Swift monitor this Forum and wonder if he can shed some light on this

Thans

Bill:Angry:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi Bill,

Swift have replied somewhere, I wouldnt worry about it, simple mod from what I understad, 30 minute job.

Peter

SwiftGroup

Free Member
Jan 10, 2008
Funster No
Hi Bill,

I can confirm on your MH, you require the removal of the pressurised gas strut, and the fitment of a non-pressurised gas strut. A lower door stopper / retainer will also be fitted by your dealer.

I hope that helps, and sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,

Ash

hailman

Free Member
Nov 4, 2009
IoW
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Lots, on and off, way back to VW splitty`s!
Would these doors be a generic item? I noticed yesterday that my friends Autocruise (2006) has the same door as my Burstner (2005), just a different height, and both have a gas srut fitted but no lower check strap.

Do you think they would need attention/modification in any way.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back