Free Member
Jul 1, 2009
folkestone kent
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2nd year
hi all had my motorhome tagged last fri night then they came back and painted over tag with black paint spent day getting it off will have to t cut whole side of m/h left patch where mark was, please god let me catch them.:Angry::Angry:

Toffs-G

Free Member
Sep 16, 2009
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SPB
Exp
September 2009
hi all had my motorhome tagged last fri night then they came back and painted over tag with black paint spent day getting it off will have to t cut whole side of m/h left patch where mark was, please god let me catch them.:Angry::Angry:

B'stards the lot of them I would like to tag them with an indellible dye

Hope it all comes off OK!!!

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun

Sadly if you do it could be you being arrested:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
stuboy7

stuboy7

Free Member
Jul 1, 2009
folkestone kent
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2nd year
vandels

most has come off but has also taken all wax off so got a big extra white patch about size of basketball. police have said they have list of taggers but not holding out much hope.:thumb:

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
If you have the vehicle machine polished, it will disappear - a car car valeting company can handle that - or even try a local bodyshop.

Keep it well waxed, and the paint won't stick!::bigsmile:

OP
OP
stuboy7

stuboy7

Free Member
Jul 1, 2009
folkestone kent
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
2nd year
vandels

yes tagging is their graffiti signature normally two letters they are big boys doing it in the dead of night should be at home couse they may have to be up early to ckaim their benifits.:thumb:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
So

Why aren't they caught and charged????:RollEyes:

In My Mind, This amounts to criminal damage??

Perhaps I was born in another world where these thugs would be brought to justice....

Nowadays it is treated as the norm and given low priority......:Doh:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
So

Why aren't they caught and charged????:RollEyes:

In My Mind, This amounts to criminal damage??

Perhaps I was born in another world where these thugs would be brought to justice....

Nowadays it is treated as the norm and given low priority......:Doh:

unfortunately they have to be caught in the act.

the police usually have a list/description of taggers and their personal tag so they know who to look out for.

one or two have been caught and the penalty can be high..criminal damage..depending on which mamby pamby magistrate is on the bench at the time.

personally i think a lot of it is extremely good art but unfortunately in the wrong place.:Sad:

this was painted with aerosol paint cans....

graffiti_bulldog.jpg

Last edited:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
unfortunately they have to be caught in the act.

the police usually have a list/description of taggers and their personal tag so they know who to look out for.

one or two have been caught and the penalty can be high..criminal damage..depending on which mamby pamby magistrate is on the bench at the time.

personally i think a lot of it is extremely good art but unfortunately in the wrong place.:Sad:

this was painted with aerosol paint cans....

graffiti_bulldog.jpg

I agree John...

They obviously have talent...Just aimed in the wrong direction...

But...Trash someone else's property and....

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I was behind a very old VW type , pop top campervan going through Wakefield town centre the other day. It had been completely transformed , customized , with spray paint. Graffiti style. The artist had painted / sprayed a graffiti artist at work grafting/vandalizing a wall .
It was all over the vehicle. Even the side back windows .
It looked really good. Fantastic art work.
When we were in Australia a couple of years ago (in a MH) we could have hired a customized camper. They were some fantastic designs. Cost more even more to hire , so we didn't bother!
Saying that, Oz does have a bigger problem than us with the squiggle name tagging. I.M.O.
What a nightmare waking up though, to see a big black name tag on your MH.
Who ever it was , obviously realized they could be identified by it , hence coming back to cover it up. Shame you didn't get a pic before they did, may have helped the police .

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980

I'm really sorry to hear of the damage to your mh. What was the tag on your van and cant you trace the grafiti artist through the police.

I bet you could do it youself through the web. If you have a valid tag, you have the name and identity of the the person that didi it

Dont make do with the police brushing you aside. They know who this tag artist is but cant be bothered to get off their ars/ and arrest them. Push the issue.

Yes a lot of these people are really talented but they have surley got to know that to spray paint somebody's mh is wrong.

Just a word of warning here, this van was tagged and so it was identified as a vehicle that was going to be damaged. Dont disregard the tag, its a message that may help prevent further damage.

Jim
:Smile:

wanderer

Free Member
Apr 14, 2008
huntingdon
Funster No
MH
a class Arto
Exp
since 2008
H
I think giving the criminal damage to your m/h a name such as a ' tag ' gives the impression that the crime is somehow acceptable. If we have to give it a name why dont we call it a 'twat' or i am sure another less suitable name can be made up, any suggestions
Wanderer

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Graffiti

I agree that there is some excellent graffiti art work out there and if it was encouraged ( Not in town centres tho) it would lighten up a lot off very drab derelict industrial sites. Maybe Alan Sugar could sponsor a competition!!!
However, the toe rag known a "FRAG" virtually destroyed every sign in the Plympton area of Plymouth. I believe he has been caught but have no idea who he was or what was his punishment. perhaps he got a university grant at Art College :Doh:!!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back