oddjob

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
Funster No
Exp
next monday hopefully
Hello
Been a member for a few months now(just lurking).
I am thinking of taking the plunge in the next couple of months and buying what will be our first motorhome ,so i have been looking at the usual places ebay ,dealers,etc and of course on here,Just recently i have noticed near where i live a hymer c524 04 plate priced at £19000 .its a private sale with a notice in the window its been their for a few weeks now.
I don't know any history behind it (mileage ,service etc ) .except that its left hand drive.
What do you think ?i does it sound a good deal (that's if everything right about it)would it be a problem being LHD
oddjob

Attachments

• Hymer (418 x 364) (1200 x 1045).jpg
    Hymer (418 x 364) (1200 x 1045).jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 23

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hi and welcome to the forum :Smile:flyingwelcome

Can't help with the Motorhome as I have no experience of either Hymers or LHD, but there will be someone along soon that does ::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Hello
I am thinking of taking the plunge in the next couple of months and buying what will be our first motorhome ,so i have been looking at the usual places ebay ,dealers,etc and of course on here,Just recently i have noticed near where i live a hymer c524 04 plate priced at £19000 .its a private sale with a notice in the window its been their for a few weeks now.
I don't know any history behind it (mileage ,service etc ) .except that its left hand drive.
What do you think ?i does it sound a good deal (that's if everything right about it)would it be a problem being LHD
oddjob

Good make. Nothing wrong with the price subject to top condition.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

barnybg

Free Member
Jan 23, 2010
Bulgaria/Greece/Turkey/Wa
Funster No
MH
coahbuilt
Exp
ON and off 10 years but trav 25
M/H left hander

Decide wether most of your touring or away holidays will be acroos the channel,if so ,then perfect,usually i thought a left-hander would be cheaper in the UK to buy,as a bugger to drive (in UK) without a co-driver/passenger,so therefore your bargaining chip,mileage and condition also plays a major factor in price.

OP
OP
oddjob

oddjob

Free Member
May 26, 2009
Cleveleys Nr Blackpool
Funster No
Exp
next monday hopefully
Cheers thank you
Still not sure if its a good buy,i think a phone call and a look would help.
eventually we are hoping to spend a few months in the UK and the winters in Europe(Spain etc)dreaming so the LHD would come in handy , thinking more in the way of a first buy to gain experience not necessarily as the one for ever ,just a little weary of being ripped off (green).
oddjob

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hello
oddjob

I have no probs with Left Hand drive...

It's a good make....

Might be worth making them an offer....Remember the prices go up in the "open season":RollEyes:

Get all the info you can....Take a look....The sleeping/living arrangement is critical...

If you've any doubts...take a breather and reconsider.

If you decide to go for it ...get a full inspection done first and full credit check/service history.

Good Luck.:thumb:

blueraven

Free Member
May 7, 2008
Stockport, Cheshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
since Apr 08
What about ours?

Sounds fair price to me, we've been looking at what they're going for as we are selling ours soon, the LHD will prove a problem when driving in UK, not so the reverse when driving in Europe because the roads are quieter so you don't have to overtake that much and French roundabouts are a doddle in RHD motorhomes.

My advice - credit check and wear and tear on chassis, are the two main things to look out for. You'd expect a bit of wear and maybe surface rust on chassis.

Out of interest, have you looked at buying on ebay cause I'm not sure as to where to place my advert for ours (will be doing it within the next few weeks) and don't want to use ebay if autotrader is more suitable or vice versa. Ours is a Fiat Ducato Hymer Classic 55 Reg and we are looking at around £26K

Thanks

hymerbeliever

Free Member
Mar 23, 2010
Funster No
A bit late in here but did you end up buying the C524 and is it still for sale? I know someone that really really wants one.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi and welcome

Why not meet up with some of us

There are some good meets coming up soon.

Peterborough Show which needs to be booked by 1st April
and a summer meet which needs to be booked (only £30 deposit) by 31 March 2010.

Have a look in the rallies and meets forum

meddyliol

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Funster No
Decide wether most of your touring or away holidays will be acroos the channel,if so ,then perfect,usually i thought a left-hander would be cheaper in the UK to buy,as a bugger to drive (in UK) without a co-driver/passenger,so therefore your bargaining chip,mileage and condition also plays a major factor in price.

Actually, left hand drive vehicles are very easy to drive in this country, I have had no problems whatsoever.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back