Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
hey guys,can you just tell me please is it ok to run the Alde heating on gas when mobile?
Thanks
Brian & Jo

OP
OP
Brian and Jo

Brian and Jo

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 24, 2007
oswestry,shropshire
Funster No
MH
A-Class N+B Arto 88F
Exp
Been motorhoming for 15yrs.had an American RV for 7yrs,Now got a Niesmann Bischoff Arto 88F
Wow thanks Brian ,2 minutes for a reply and people ask is MHF good value for money:rolleyes: there is only one answer to that YES(y)
Brian & Jo

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
We also have the Alde heat exchanger which will allow us to run the habitation heating off the engine but I haven't tried that so far .... waiting for the colder weather which seems to be on the way now!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
We also have the Alde heat exchanger which will allow us to run the habitation heating off the engine but I haven't tried that so far .... waiting for the colder weather which seems to be on the way now!
It works, gives hot water in the tank and Heating on the thermostat.

Martin

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
I reckon you will soon;)Brrr.

Martin
Certainly feels like you're right there it's bl$%y freezing here in Kent today .... sitting in moho with heating on while waiting for family to arrive for lunch.:rolleyes:

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Don't have a heat exchanger but the ordinary Alde runs while we drive.
In the past we have just left it switched on 24/7 but we do have the Truma gas crash thingy fitted.

Richard.

Lanerboy

Free Member
Aug 3, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Carthago 4.9 superior
My Rapido has the aldi wet heating how do I know if I have this heat exchanger fitted as I was told to run it on gas whilst on the go

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Our Chausson manual says not, but that is probably because they were too tight to fit an anti-collision gas shut off (Truma thingy) and instead fitted a very decent diesel Ebersprecher which is fine for use when travelling and extremely economical.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
My Rapido has the aldi wet heating how do I know if I have this heat exchanger fitted as I was told to run it on gas whilst on the go
Somewhere there will be a switch to switch it on. Might be by the steering wheel and another by the alde panel.
Then on the Aldi panel you want pump on continuous. If you set it to thermo it will be controlled by the thermostat which if it's cold you don't want.

Aug 19, 2014
Cliftonville
Funster No
MH
A Class Burstner
Exp
Since 2014
Go to the Aldi website.... they show all their supermarket locations.....:D2

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
If you have something like this in a locker or underfloor,

image.jpeg

You have a heat exchanger, it may have a manual valve to isolate it in the summer, it may have a solenoid which will have a switch, it may have nothing in which case the radiators might get warm all by themselves in the summer.

Of course you might not have on as they were usually optional.

Martin

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Somewhere there will be a switch to switch it on. Might be by the steering wheel and another by the alde panel..

The switch is only required if you want to pre-heat the engine from the residual heat available from the 'central heating'.

You leave the switch off if you want to heat the habitation area using engine heat - you need only to switch the normal Alde control panel to heating but without selecting a heat source (gas/electric).

At least that's how it works on my 2006 system.

Ian

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
The switch is only required if you want to pre-heat the engine from the residual heat available from the 'central heating'.

You leave the switch off if you want to heat the habitation area using engine heat - you need only to switch the normal Alde control panel to heating but without selecting a heat source (gas/electric).

At least that's how it works on my 2006 system.

Ian
Correct, as long as the heat exchanger is available, ours isolates with a valve but I believe some have a switched solenoid but whatever you don't need the auxiliary pump on as that is for engine heating as you say.

Martin

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
Correct, as long as the heat exchanger is available, ours isolates with a valve ......

As does ours but I've never yet had the need to isolate it.

Whether or not I take heat from the engine is determined by how I've set the control panel.

Ian

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
As does ours but I've never yet had the need to isolate it.

Whether or not I take heat from the engine is determined by how I've set the control panel.

Ian
if i don"t isolate it every now and again I will think "wow its B warm in here" and I will find that there is heat coming out of the radiators, not good when its 28 outside:LOL:

Martin

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back