ASDA.. printer inks (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Asda's own brand printer inks, set of three colour for my Canon IP4500 .. £15 , plus the two blacks at £6 .. Total £21

Canon inks are about £15 a pop .. times 5 = £75

So I thought I'd give them a try, not really expecting them to be half as good as Canon's, but what a surprise, they are excellent, print quality , colour is every bit as good as Canon inks.. can't fault them.

I also bought the refill colour kit , IIRC .. about £7 , still to try it yet but I've no doubt the ink will be just as good..

So, if Asda can, why can't Canon.. ?

Last edited:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Jim bin the printer and get the Epson 215 scanner/printer and copier from asda £49
excelent results and you can use snide inks from ebay at £13 for 20 YES 20 large 18 mm cartridges :thumb::thumb::thumb:
terry

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
its getting to the point now that its cheaper to buy a new printer each time the ink runs out..:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Hi Jim bin the printer and get the Epson 215 scanner/printer and copier from asda £49
excelent results and you can use snide inks from ebay at £13 for 20 YES 20 large 18 mm cartridges :thumb::thumb::thumb:
terry

Won't bin it, it's a fabulous printer also prints onto printable CDs and DVDs ..
but will check out snide inks .. cheers

its getting to the point now that its cheaper to buy a new printer each time the ink runs out..:Eeek:

that's a fact, but the printers are usually supplied with a small amount of ink that runs out the first day you use it :Angry: so you are conned into buying new ink cartridges at twice the price of a printer .. that's why they sell the printers cheap.. It's a RIP OFF

mulaz

Free Member
Apr 14, 2009
Durham
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
3 years
My Hp 7160 take six cartrigdes and costs around £80+ for a full set from dixons.
Searched on ebay and a few years ago and managed to find them at around £8 each, brought a couple then ran printer until the ink ran out.
searched a few months ago and managed to get a full set of maximum capacity cartridges for £6!!!!!!!! including postage from ebay!!!!!
these have been brill but for one reason the seller has no ink at the moment but doing a quick search i have found 12 cartridges thats 2 set for 12.49 from another seller on ebay.
reading i have found that certain printers are better than others.
my Hp is a true jem now!!!:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I have always used Epson --always used snide inks :ROFLMAO: if you go to freeprinter.com and buy inks they give you a free printer :ROFLMAO:
My old colour stylus printed on the cd but it came up with a message that it was worn out and it cost more to repair than but this one new--- also it may only be 40 quid --memory not sure :ROFLMAO:
terry

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i bought some cheapies from morrisons awhile ago...specificly for my printer but...

while they were physicly the same, the copper/gold? contact points were configured differently so didnt work.
took them back and insisted cust servs opened the replacement packs and checked the contacts...time and time again, different configuration.

gave up and bought genuine ones.

yorkshirepudding

Free Member
Nov 7, 2009
Pudsey/Leeds
Funster No
MH
Thinking of tenting again
Exp
September '09
The cheapo inks may be good for printing documents but only time will tell if they resist fading over a long period. Do you want your best photos and memories fading before your eyes?

Yes, OE inks are a rip off but has anyone tested the life of the cheap ones?

carl65

Free Member
Jul 20, 2009
North Shields Tyne & Wear
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
surley ink is ink, its just brands trying to rip off. us poor old pubic i have used none brand inks for years and even if they were out the printer in time, its cheaper to buy new printer than buy brand inks .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back