Jan 29, 2010
UK and Europe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hello all Tech.,
I have just tried to start my M/H Autotrail. Would not turn over batt flat and
The panel above the door shows a row of squares on the blue background and ticking every second and will not switch on or off.

The M/H is standing, I start it every week to keep things working. Any advise please.

Ivan

Last edited:

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hello all Tech.,
I have just tried to start my M/H Autotrail. Would not turn over batt flat and the panel above the door shows a row of squares on the blue background and ticking every second.

The M/H is standing, I start it every week to keep things working. Any advise please.

Ivan

Hi, Ivan , not sure about your panel- mine's a bit different, but when ours wouldn't start in thr recent very cold weather I ran some wires from the leisure batts to the engine battery and left it a few hours (on hook-up ) and the battery was charged enough to start the engine. I have asked my dealer to check if the engine battery should charge whilst on hookup, but they've not got back to me yet. Hope this helps,
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hello all Tech.,
I have just tried to start my M/H Autotrail. Would not turn over batt flat and the panel above the door shows a row of squares on the blue background and ticking every second.

Ivan

Hi Ivan

Firstly what you need to do is to remove the control panel from the wall and then remove the electrical connections from the panel,leave standing for 30 seconds and replace connections and panel.
This should reboot the panel thus allowing you to put a charge back into the engine battery.

I hope this helps

Glenn Harris Workshop Manager

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Hi Ivan

Firstly what you need to do is to remove the control panel from the wall and then remove the electrical connections from the panel,leave standing for 30 seconds and replace connections and panel.
This should reboot the panel thus allowing you to put a charge back into the engine battery.

I hope this helps

Glenn Harris Workshop Manager

Hi, Glen, could you just disconnect the leisure battery and get same result? and would it sort my query out too? (see my previous post) Thanks, Dave:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007

What totally unprofessional design. All that potential for damage to the electronics and hassle for the punter when all it needed was the usual hole and a reset switch behind it.

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
leisure battery

Hi, Glen, could you just disconnect the leisure battery and get same result? and would it sort my query out too? (see my previous post) Thanks, Dave:thumb:

Not on our truck it wouldn`t be, they are underneath the van behind the spare wheel, excellent not having them in the van space wise but a pain in the backside to get at, still that is why we fitted gel batteries.
Mind you the previous owners saved the space moving the batteries then filled the space with an internal gas tank. :Doh:

Regards Rob and Chris.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back