Fiat front mudflaps (1 Viewer)

Doodlebug

Free Member
Jan 28, 2010
Surrey
Funster No
Exp
Our 2004 Kon-Tiki gets very dirty on the lower front corners of the habitation area from dirt thrown up by the front wheels, so I am thinking of getting mudflaps to see if this helps.

Has anyone else had mudflaps fitted and does this stop or reduce the muck thrown up by the front wheels?

Your advice as always much appreciated.

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi,
Have fitted mudflaps as we were finding that the leading edges of the habitation area were really collecting the muck and grime, verdict! - a massive improvement
Well worth the cost. :thumb:

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
Hi.ihave fitted mud flaps to front & rear to my renault master.i went to a truck parts supplier & bought 3 24x12 truck flaps used 1 cut in half & shaped to fit front.the others fitted to the rear.Total cost around £12.They look the part a help.
JohnM :thumb:

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
mud flaps

Have just bought some for our Merc sprinter, had a quick look at how they fit, the instructions don`t help much, so if anyone has fitted a pair then please let us know.

Cheers.

Rob and Chris.

Autoquest

Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
I used the generic rubber ones from Wilcos, cut them as required on the inside - perfect. £4.99

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi, What were the cost?

Ian

Sorry for the delay Ian,
From the main dealer £34.60 perhaps not cheap but they are contoured to slip over the face of the bodywork giving a good snug fit.
In all very happy with them. :Cool:

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Have just bought some for our Merc sprinter, had a quick look at how they fit, the instructions don`t help much, so if anyone has fitted a pair then please let us know.

Cheers.

Rob and Chris.

Hi Rob & Chris,

Have a set on a works Sprinter, fitted by the supplying dealer at my request before delivery of the vehicle.
They have been fitted with self tapping screws and despite my doubts (vehicle now coming on 4yrs old) they have stood the test of time.
Now the big BUT, a real word of caution the flaps do sit quite low and will ground on some speed humps/tables no matter how slow you are travelling and although our flaps are really secure I suspect that they rub the paintwork due to perhaps heavy spray and as a result anotherwise perfect body now has rust developing on the surface at the rear edges of the flaps.
This problem was brought to the dealers attention at 37,000 miles and despite running Mercs for almost thirty years (all from the same dealer) they did not want to know. :Angry:

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No
Our 2004 Kon-Tiki gets very dirty on the lower front corners of the habitation area from dirt thrown up by the front wheels, so I am thinking of getting mudflaps to see if this helps.

Has anyone else had mudflaps fitted and does this stop or reduce the muck thrown up by the front wheels?

Your advice as always much appreciated.

I found a nice piece of thick plastic/rubber doormat at a boot market...cut to shape and does the job perfectly in stopping mud flying up the doors...all that for £1 plus labour...cheap as chips:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
I found a nice piece of thick plastic/rubber doormat at a boot market...cut to shape and does the job perfectly in stopping mud flying up the doors...all that for £1 plus labour...cheap as chips:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Reckon you've got some good Scottish blood in you :thumb:

OP
OP
Doodlebug

Doodlebug

Free Member
Jan 28, 2010
Surrey
Funster No
Exp
Thanks for all your replies, I have purchased a set of front mudflaps and will be fitting them to the front as soon as the snow/sleet stops or some time over the weekend.

When will the weather get warmer, this cold is getting boring.

Regards

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
At Brownhills the other weekend they were having a bits and bobs sale I managed to pick up a set of Ducatto front mudflaps for the previous model Fiat complete with fittings for £5 all I had to do was drill an extra hole in each bracket and they fitted a treat to my 2008 Fiat a real bargain:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back