Aberdeen sites or wild...? (1 Viewer)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Going to see my lads in Aberdeen in the next few months, one works in the city, does any one know of a site or wilding as near to the city as possible..?

Many thanks...(y)

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
We stopped on the Esplanade,one sides wheels on the kerb to level up (y)

image.png

Jul 9, 2017
Aberdeenshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'm a newbie
Not much wildind in Aberdeen city the Itinerants have them all. Try Balmedie beach 15 min from town centre.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
I have a sister lives about 10 miles outside Aberdeen and everytime we drive up to see her in the MH we follow the width limit diversion where the A90 crosses the River Dee. This takes you up the A9077 alongside the Dee and then across the next bridge and then immediately left back down A945 Riverside Drive to join the A9013 back towards the A90 for the Aberdeen Ring Road. Before you join the A 9013 , Riverside Drive continues alongside the river and there is always 2 or 3 MH parked on there.
I have no idea if overnighting is allowed but it looks like a quiet road with no houses on it. See map below

Untitled.jpg

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
I have a sister lives about 10 miles outside Aberdeen and everytime we drive up to see her in the MH we follow the width limit diversion where the A90 crosses the River Dee. This takes you up the A9077 alongside the Dee and then across the next bridge and then immediately left back down A945 Riverside Drive to join the A9013 back towards the A90 for the Aberdeen Ring Road. Before you join the A 9013 , Riverside Drive continues alongside the river and there is always 2 or 3 MH parked on there.
I have no idea if overnighting is allowed but it looks like a quiet road with no houses on it. See map below

View attachment 175176

We looked in there when we went,it is a dead end but where your mark is is a 'No overnighting' sign,whether it's enforced or not we didn't wait to find out!

Oct 25, 2014
N.E . Scotland
Funster No
MH
Chausson 717 GA
Exp
Since 2015
I live near Balmedie Beach , and the car park at the beach area is prone for the noisy car brigade later on at night ,the beach esplanade area near 'Fittie' as rb62 marked does seem to be the most used area for wild camping that I have seen , also that end of the Esplanade is slightly less busy traffic wise ,but I would park away from the prom side if I were you as there is no pavement at opposite side .The nearest camp site would probablay be Banchory (CAMC) but on the main bus route to Aberdeen

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
I live near Balmedie Beach , and the car park at the beach area is prone for the noisy car brigade later on at night ,the beach esplanade area near 'Fittie' as rb62 marked does seem to be the most used area for wild camping that I have seen , also that end of the Esplanade is slightly less busy traffic wise ,but I would park away from the prom side if I were you as there is no pavement at opposite side .The nearest camp site would probablay be Banchory (CAMC) but on the main bus route to Aberdeen

Yes,we parked on opposite side to pavement,nice mown grass bank which the local volunteers came and litter picked (y)

Apr 5, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbies
There's a wild spot beside the lighthouse(see attached) Scenic and quiet. There's no public transport from there though.
As been posted, the esplanade is a good spot, along at the harbour end is very quiet at nights.

Attachments

• IMG_0006.PNG
    IMG_0006.PNG
    1 MB · Views: 28
Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
There's a wild spot beside the lighthouse(see attached) Scenic and quiet. There's no public transport from there though.
As been posted, the esplanade is a good spot, along at the harbour end is very quiet at nights.

We also tried to get to the lighthouse,southern access is now a building site and from the north there were road closed signs as the road was falling away! You could still get past in a PVC,one was coming out as we were looking,but as we were 7.8 tag axle we didn't risk it!
New Aberdeen quite well by the time we got to the Esplanade :rofl:

Apr 5, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbies
We also tried to get to the lighthouse,southern access is now a building site and from the north there were road closed signs as the road was falling away! You could still get past in a PVC,one was coming out as we were looking,but as we were 7.8 tag axle we didn't risk it!
New Aberdeen quite well by the time we got to the Esplanade :rofl:
Correct. The southern part of the road is closed for works on the new cruise ship terminal. There is still access to the wild site and also the dolphin watch information area. Lots of dolphins at the harbour entrance at the moment.

Apr 5, 2017
Scotland
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Newbies
Amendment! There is now no access to the Wild site beside the lighthouse. See attached pic. Nice move by the council.

Attachments

• IMG_1594.JPG
    IMG_1594.JPG
    255.4 KB · Views: 38

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
36 years and 16 motorhomes
Correct. The southern part of the road is closed for works on the new cruise ship terminal. There is still access to the wild site and also the dolphin watch information area. Lots of dolphins at the harbour entrance at the moment.

Cruise ship terminal :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:
That's what Aberdeen Harbour Board have spun. What cruise ship will berth alongside the stinking sewage works and the planned incinerator. In reality it's a deep berth harbour for the North Sea Platform decommissioning and if the council get there way a means of offloading waste from around the world from countries who have shut down there incinerators due to health fears to be incinerated in the Aberdeen City Council new money making scheme

As for campsites there is one at Lower Deeside about 20 minute walk into Cults for the Number 17 bus which gets you into City in about 20 minutes. There is also a CMC site at Stonehaven (Lovely site) with 15 minute walk to station and train takes 20 minutes into city.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp
Amendment! There is now no access to the Wild site beside the lighthouse. See attached pic. Nice move by the council.

There is still no height barrier at the carpark to the rear of Torry Battery. You will of course need to come in from St Fitticks road due to no longer being able to drive all the way around the Bay of Nigg as already discussed.

stewartwebr

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 6, 2010
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Morelo Empire Liner
Exp

View attachment 175176

Don't think anyone will chase you from here but may be disturbed by the flow of cars with single men in them. This is a well known gay cruising area.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back