flyboy

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Carlisle
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
A friend of mine sent me this link, it looks good has anyone used this program? It seems just what I have been looking for. but I have been caught before.

Link deleted

I deleted your, (sorry your Friends)
:RollEyes: affiliate link.

Here is the link without a hoplink Link Removed

OP
OP
flyboy

flyboy

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Carlisle
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Admin

I don't spam! I am a trade member and as such I would declare an interest if I had anything to do with this product. Now whether my friend has or not I do not know. I was genuine looking for information, as I said I have been caught out before. I resent the tongue in check reference to (My friend). As you will see from my joining date I have been a member for far too long to try anything stupid.
How else can one gain information if the referral cant be shown?
I now see you have re posted the link. I was not aware that is was a hop link thank you for showing the correct URL

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi Flyboy, the link you posted had an affiliate link in it. The affiliate is Topman19.

I accept that you posted it innocently and apologise for my inference that it was intentional. You list web design as an interest and I assumed you knew about it. Affiliate links are not allowed to be posted here. Thanks.

OP
OP
flyboy

flyboy

Free Member
Sep 22, 2007
Carlisle
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi Flyboy, the link you posted had an affiliate link in it. The affiliate is Topman19.

I accept that you posted it innocently and apologise for my inference that it was intentional. You list web design as an interest and I assumed you knew about it. Affiliate links are not allowed to be posted here. Thanks.

Thanks for the apology which I accept. I didn't go through to the order page so I did not see the link, but I have rechecked it and have found the link. I will be more careful in the future and check it out before posting.

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
There was a review of Nomads Notes in the Motorcaravanners Club magazine a month or so ago. The lady who was using it was full of praise for it and said she found it easy to use. If I recall correctly it cost about £28. The difference between Jim's "Destinations" and "Nomads Notes" is that the latter is a computer program.
Hope this helps.

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.

Permission to show my ignorance?

What's a hop link? Never heard of it before.

Thanks in anticipation of enlightenment.

John

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The Nomads Notes product is sold by affiliates. The affiliates name is hidden inside the link, when you click on this "hoplink" the affiliates details are passed onto the Affilliate program owners, in this case it was "clickbank" The affiliate gets paid around 35% to 60% of the sale price as commision.

If we allowed affiliate links, we would never know if something was a genuine recommendation or someone on the make. If we allowed them it would soon turn into a free for all. :Smile:

Motorhome Fun has once or twice (literally) posted affiliate links for products to earn the club commission, but on each occasion we made it clear that it was an affiliate link.

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
The Nomads Notes product is sold by affiliates. The affiliates name is hidden inside the link, when you click on this "hoplink" the affiliates details are passed onto the Affilliate program owners, in this case it was "clickbank" The affiliate gets paid around 35% to 60% of the sale price as commision.

If we allowed affiliate links, we would never know if something was a genuine recommendation or someone on the make. If we allowed them it would soon turn into a free for all. :Smile:

Motorhome Fun has once or twice (literally) posted affiliate links for products to earn the club commission, but on each occasion we made it clear that it was an affiliate link.

No wonder I'd never heard of it. Not something a lot of people would want broadcast I imagine.
So, to continue my ignorance theme, what would one look like? i.e. how would I recognise that a link has a hoplink in it?

John

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
No wonder I'd never heard of it. Not something a lot of people would want broadcast I imagine.
So, to continue my ignorance theme, what would one look like? i.e. how would I recognise that a link has a hoplink in it?

John

Well it might actually say in the link "AffiliateIDxyz12345 Or it could be encrypted to look just like a normal, if not a bit long, link.

There is nothing wrong with affiliate links. they are a legal and legitimate way to make money by referring people to particular products. They are just not allowed here for obvious reasons:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back