Free Member
Jul 21, 2009
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Just Looking
Exp
Since 2004
I came across some info on a fuel additive called BG244, which is supposed to give the engine a thorough clean, getting rid of deposits and cleaning injectors etc.
It is supposed to be used every 6000-9000 miles, and is touted as being superior to the off the shelf additives which are supposed to be added to each tank of fuel.

Has anyone used this, or know anything about it?

Peter James

Free Member
Dec 5, 2009
Funster No
I'm not a chemist, all I know about these additives is that there is a colossal profit margin on them.
If these additives were any good the vehicle manufacturers would recommend them.
Some specifically say do not use them.
Don't waste your money.

Rickboy

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
Funster No
Don't be too hasty to use these cleaners.
They not only clean your injectors but may clean the build up of gunge in the bottom of your fuel tank and system blocking the filter.
If you do use a strong cleaner take a spare filter and the tools to change it.(If you do you won't need it,sods law and all).
Bio diesel will clean you system but as anyone who uses it will know it can leed to a filter change.
If you have injector problems some people fill the filter with a strong mix of cleaner and diesel so as not to get any tank gunge.
I use a normal redex type cleaner about £3.50 Tesco unless I have a problem.

Don't risk causing a problem trying to be kind to the injection system!!!

Rick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I came across some info on a fuel additive called BG244, which is supposed to give the engine a thorough clean, getting rid of deposits and cleaning injectors etc.
It is supposed to be used every 6000-9000 miles, and is touted as being superior to the off the shelf additives which are supposed to be added to each tank of fuel.

Has anyone used this, or know anything about it?

Here at Pecks Hill Garage we use Forte Petrol and Disel additive (Two Different Formulas)
We highly recomend it and stand by its results, "if your not impressed money back"
Made no refunds in 8 years , those on here that have used it may testify to that fact
usualy not available to the general public,
I take it to meets for those that want and order it, often sold on ebay, but I have been asked if I want to sell the empty bottles so I dont know what e-bay is selling you:Eeek:
as for bg244 never heard of it till now:Blush:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Just googled it @£ 2300 :Eeek:its 125% more expensive than Forte:Doh:
and does the same job if it works
No mention of increased compression though, Forte do make that claim in addition and I have personally proved it does, with a before and after test on my own vehicle, using my equipment, we see Forte perform on a daily basis with MoT emission tests
so if it works as well as Forte then go for it but at £23 someones minting it:winky:

FULLMOON

Free Member
Jul 16, 2011
devon
Funster No
MH
FORD/BONGO CONVERSION
Exp
i'm a newbie
I put cider in mine then when i go off it's all tanked up :ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

jaykay

Free Member
Aug 19, 2011
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 997M Auto
Exp
Virtually none ! :)
I have used Forte products and they are top notch.

I have also heard great reports on the bg244, which is used by a lot of performance(?) diesel owners such as mondeo st owners etc.

I think the bg244 is probably stronger and should be used no more than every 6 months. As with all of them, they will only show good results if your engine is gunked up.
If you dont notice a diference, then it was probably OK to start with. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back