Mobile Internet .. Good offer from Tmobile .. (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
This looks like a good deal if you need mobile internet and free texts

Get free internet and texts for life + 2 FREE SIMS when you top up £10
Order your FREE SIMS and tell us where to send them
Sit back and wait for your FREE SIMS to arrive
Top up £10 every month to get unlimited internet and texts for life!
The internet + texts won't eat into your credit and the texts can be sent to any UK network. Top up before 31 January to make sure you don't miss out on free texts and internet for life.

order here
https://www.lolagrove.com/LeadGenerationPage.ashx?E=166&L=762&P=373&I=82.23.47.119

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
My T-Mobile contract ends this month and I was going to transfer to PAYG but, after many e-mails and telephone discussions I'm going to bin the SIM because the cost - £2 per day - is so much higher than Vodafone and Three.

I obtained an unlock code from T-Mobile last month so I can use other SIMs in the dongle. I already had a Vodafone phone (Internet 50p per day) which I can connect to the netbook (by cable or Bluetooth) if I don't want to move the SIM over.

Also got two free SIMS from Link Removed. Initial top-up is £10 on registering credit card but that lasts forever (so long as you use the SIM at least once every 180 days) and can be used to buy Internet access at 50p per day or £2.50 for 7 days. Also there is 150 MB of Internet access free every time you top up (min top-up £5).

Graham

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I obtained an unlock code from T-Mobile last month so I can use other SIMs in the dongle. I already had a Vodafone phone (Internet 50p per day) which I can connect to the netbook (by cable or Bluetooth) if I don't want to move the SIM over.

Also got two free SIMS from Link Removed. Initial top-up is £10 on registering credit card but that lasts forever (so long as you use the SIM at least once every 180 days) and can be used to buy Internet access at 50p per day or £2.50 for 7 days. Also there is 150 MB of Internet access free every time you top up (min top-up £5).

Graham
hi graham,

my dongle contract with T mobile is also close to the end and i also thought of going the payg route but with who i dont know.

all the daily prices you quote.....are they only when you use the dongle or is that a 'standing' charge.
also, is the charge fixed for a full day or part thereof ?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Jim

Has the date not already passed?

Also if it is still on does anyone know what happens if you miss a top up,

eg...you top up
Jan
Fen
Mar
Miss April
May
and so on
Do you lose the free Internet and texts?

Hope that makes sense :thumb:

TIA

Steve

Hi Steve

the offer is still advertised, I would assume if you miss a top up you lose the free texts and web.. it is a 'contract' to top up £10 per month.

as an aside, I'm still using my iPhone O2 Sim I got from ebay last year, I paid a one off top up of £10 .. surf for 12months free

jim

Last edited:

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Hi Steve

the offer is still advertised, I would assume if you miss a top up you lose the free texts and web.. it is a 'contract' to top up £10 per month.

as an aside, I'm still using my iPhone O2 Sim I got from ebay last year, I paid a one off top up of £10 .. surf for 12months free

jim

Hi Jim

Thought so related to miss a month

O2
So am I, got about 5 mths left I think, wish we could pay another £10 for another year:thumb:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
hi graham,

my dongle contract with T mobile is also close to the end and i also thought of going the payg route but with who i dont know.

all the daily prices you quote.....are they only when you use the dongle or is that a 'standing' charge.
also, is the charge fixed for a full day or part thereof ?

Vodafone daily charge is just on the days you access the Internet.

With Three you get 150MB every time you top up but have to use it within 90 days (which ain't bad by my reckoning) or lose it. When you buy "Add-ons" from your credit balance you get access that lasts a day for 50p or access that lasts 7 days for £2.50. Not sure (as I'm new to it) how much I can do with 150 MB but I reckon that for a weekend away like Newark it might see me through - and if not it will only cost me a couple of quid to buy whatever I need.

What you do need is to get an unlock code from T-Mobile so that you can use a Vodafone/Three SIM in the dongle. They tried to charge me £15 at first but I told them I wasn't having that so they gave it me for nowt. They also reckoned it would take 28 days to send it by post - it did but I also insisted they send it by e-mail and I had it within day or so.

Graham

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Vodafone daily charge is just on the days you access the Internet.

What you do need is to get an unlock code from T-Mobile so that you can use a Vodafone/Three SIM in the dongle. They tried to charge me £15 at first but I told them I wasn't having that so they gave it me for nowt. They also reckoned it would take 28 days to send it by post - it did but I also insisted they send it by e-mail and I had it within day or so.

Graham

can i assume after unlocking it will only work on these networks ?

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
can i assume after unlocking it will only work on these networks ?

No, unlocking should allow it to work on any network, sorry if my previous post was misleading.

I mentioned Vodafone and Three because that's what I have - the reason being a combination that should give me decent coverage wherever we get to.

Graham

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Ive never used a dongle before so forgive my lack of knowledge.

Are you chaps talking about using a lappy with a dongle that uses the same sim card that you use for texting on a moble phone or Blackberry/ I Phone type jobby.

Jim
:Smile:

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Ive never used a dongle before so forgive my lack of knowledge.

Are you chaps talking about using a lappy with a dongle that uses the same sim card that you use for texting on a moble phone or Blackberry/ I Phone type jobby.

Jim

Yes. You may have to have the SIM enabled for data services but if you can access the Internet on your mobile phone it should be possible to use the SIM in a dongle and/or to link the phone to a lappy by cable/Bluetooth to use it as a modem.

Graham

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Thanks Graham. I actually saw one of these I Phone jobs yesterday but it wasnt Internet enabled. It was fantastic or at least it looked it.

Its interesting how people are moving away from Desktop Computers and Land Line telephones. The future seems to have arrived. Must take more interest.

Cheers
Jim

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks Graham. I actually saw one of these I Phone jobs yesterday but it wasnt Internet enabled. It was fantastic or at least it looked it.

Its interesting how people are moving away from Desktop Computers and Land Line telephones. The future seems to have arrived. Must take more interest.

Cheers
Jim

I thought all iPhones were Internet enabled but I've never looked closely at them. I did look at a Blackberry once but the keyboard was too small to be comfortable for me. Takes me half an hour to text a single word on my mobile ::bigsmile:

I still use desktop computer and landline at home as they are more convenient/cheaper - they're only tools when all is said and done :Smile:

Graham

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I dont use any of the more sophisticated equipment because I dont need it. I'm thinking more about when we get away for longer periods of time.

Trouble is, as with everything, if you dont keep abreast of whats going on, you wake up one day and find youve got to go on a course.

Jim

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back