Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
My Auto Sleeper Sigma has a shower tap that is set in the "UP" position for "OFF " and in the "Down" position for switching the shower "ON"
Unfortunately, due to this configuration, it is very easy to switch the water ON by accident and as soon as one connects to EHU and start the pump it sprays the shower room! I have approached A/S but they say that is their spec!! and cannot be changed!
Any other A/S owner out there who have the same problem??:Eeek:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Sorry Geoff, maybe I'm missing something here, why dont you just set the shower in the up position ?

Jim

:Smile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry Geoff, maybe I'm missing something here, why dont you just set the shower in the up position ?

Jim

hi Jim,
you yanks probably have proper domestic taps but us europeans have to do with ridiculous plastic lever taps.

they are normally closed when the lever is in the down position so its not a problem if something ,towel etc, falls on the tap but it appears A/S do it arse first...lever up for off, so a towel falling on the tap will produce said wet T shirt effect when the pump supply is turned on.

does seem strange Geoff says 'when the hookup is plugged in and the pump starts'...
doesnt the pump work on the 12v supply from the battery in your van?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
hi Jim,
you yanks probably have proper domestic taps but us europeans have to do with ridiculous plastic lever taps.

they are normally closed when the lever is in the down position so its not a problem if something ,towel etc, falls on the tap but it appears A/S do it arse first...lever up for off, so a towel falling on the tap will produce said wet T shirt effect when the pump supply is turned on.

does seem strange Geoff says 'when the hookup is plugged in and the pump starts'...
doesnt the pump work on the 12v supply from the battery in your van?

Hi Pappa,

The pump will run from the 12V battery, the 12V genny or when hooked up. As you say it sounds as though geoffs pump will not run under battery power, cant be right surely ?

Jim

OP
OP
geoff1947

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs

Jim

Sorry but as Pappajohn says, if a towel or I accidentally push it "DOWN! it spraying water everywhere both on EHU or on 12 v
Most taps discharge water when one lifts them "UP" like my sink does!:thumb:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
The last caravan we had before getting the MH did exactly the same thing. It was very easy to bump in to as it was a toilet shower sink wet room type thing. Not a separate shower cubical .I put a cork ( use something the right length for yours ) on some blu-tak under the handle bit to keep it up. Worth a go.
Bev.::bigsmile:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry but as Pappajohn says, if a towel or I accidentally push it "DOWN! it spraying water everywhere both on EHU or on 12 v
Most taps discharge water when one lifts them "UP" like my sink does!:thumb:

it was the way you phrased it in your post...as though it only worked on hookup. :thumb:

as soon as one connects to EHU and start the pump

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Geoff

To save messing with the workings of the tap, cant you put some sought of a plastic end cap over the shower head that will blow off if the pressure gets to much

Jim

OP
OP
geoff1947

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Hi Geoff

To save messing with the workings of the tap, cant you put some sought of a plastic end cap over the shower head that will blow off if the pressure gets to much

Jim

Simple idea but never thought of it That plus the cork!! good ideas so thanks guys!!:thumb:

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Geoff,
Know exactly the problem, or is it a problem?
I always remember about the shower tap but Mrs. seems to forget quite often.
Wet tee shirt sorted - anyone know where to fit a pole for some dancing?
:Blush:

OP
OP
geoff1947

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Hi Geoff,
Know exactly the problem, or is it a problem?
I always remember about the shower tap but Mrs. seems to forget quite often.
Wet tee shirt sorted - anyone know where to fit a pole for some dancing?
:Blush:

Good one !! Got a spare one if you need it :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back