A new Hobby (1 Viewer)

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
At the weekend I will be collecting my new replacement van which is a Hobby Siesta T60 GQ.
It is to replace my Hymer Exsis which was stolen in June this year. First jobs are beefing up the security and then replacing equipment that was in it when it was stolen,no guesses what is on my Christmas list.
I really miss the Hymer as it was a great layout,but the Hobby is very similar except it doesn't have a drop down bed,but we can live with that.
I am a believer in Karma and hope the scrotes that took it get theirs soon!

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
That's good news finally! Enjoy your new van and safe travels!!(y)

EX51SSS

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 18, 2015
North Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis A Class
Exp
since 2007
images (6)_2.jpg

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Well done, welcome to the Hobby clan. (y)

OP
OP
bigfoot
Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
FYI My Hobby was bought from E.S.Hartleys depot in Ellesmere Port,it has a French bed and is a tad shorter than the Hymer,I loved the layout in the Hymer,so did the thieves that's why they stole it! It does lack the 'jump seat' that we used as a drinks cupboard and the dropdown cab bed,ah well we will get used to it.
BUT it doesn't have a spare,typical sales speak 'commercial tyres are more durable',but there is an inflation kit which is loved and adored by tyre fitters!
After the security there is a spare tyre,then we can get to fitting it out.

Oct 17, 2016
Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A-class
Exp
40 years caravanning. New A-class Moho owners
At the weekend I will be collecting my new replacement van which is a Hobby Siesta T60 GQ.
It is to replace my Hymer Exsis which was stolen in June this year. First jobs are beefing up the security and then replacing equipment that was in it when it was stolen,no guesses what is on my Christmas list.
I really miss the Hymer as it was a great layout,but the Hobby is very similar except it doesn't have a drop down bed,but we can live with that.
I am a believer in Karma and hope the scrotes that took it get theirs soon!
Hi Bigfoot. Have you collected the MH this afternoon? Have sent you a PM. Regards, Mike

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
I had a look at a new 2016 Hobby over the weekend. I thought they looked well built. This was a Optima v65ge, the narrow body and with all the options packs fitted.
As many of you know we downsized from a bailey to a Pilote pvc and we are very happy with it. So what are Hobby's like for traveling, in winter, for comfort with the Fiat chassis, all my other coachbuilts were on Alko.

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
Hope you have really happy travels & a good long healthy life to use & enjoy your new purchase.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We have a Hobby Van on a Ford 2011 build. They are great for winter and we use it right through. Obviously drain down when not in use and the boiler has emptied in very cold conditions but we are pleased with it

Jan 11, 2011
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Consort Reef 2
Exp
since 1990
I had a look at a new 2016 Hobby over the weekend. I thought they looked well built. This was a Optima v65ge, the narrow body and with all the options packs fitted.
As many of you know we downsized from a bailey to a Pilote pvc and we are very happy with it. So what are Hobby's like for traveling, in winter, for comfort with the Fiat chassis, all my other coachbuilts were on Alko.

Jan 11, 2011
Peterborough
Funster No
MH
Consort Reef 2
Exp
since 1990
We have a siesta v65ge narrow body 2.18 m wide had it 3yrs now done 23.000 miles very comfortable and warm van and can take it anywhere a panel van can go just changed the wide mirrors for short arm ones as not neeeded on such a narrow van so even better drive now

pops

Free Member
May 1, 2012
south glos
Funster No
MH
Pilote panel van
Exp
since1997
Thanks for your replies
@ambulancekidd I am still looking at the pros and cons of changing and the cons are over taking the pros at the moment.
Thanks @Anthea M for your input.
@ALI G Good ideal about changing the mirrors

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back