New to Motorhomes (1 Viewer)

scooby

Free Member
Jan 29, 2010
North Wales
Funster No
Exp
just started
Hi, Im new to forum's and MH havin just bought our first MH, after a lot of nagging to my husband by myself and the kids, was woundering if any one knew of any good sites for total beginners like ourselves in the north wales area, and any advice on any aspect of MH would be gladdly accepted, as we are complete novices, :Doh: we have only been camping before and this will be total luxury ::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Hi scooby, Lots of experienced Funsters here to answer any specific questions you have. They're a friendly bunch so just ask away. Meanwhile welcome to the Fun:thumb:

Upvote 0

alivan

Free Member
Jan 29, 2010
UK and Europe
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Also new member

:thumb::thumb:Hello Scooby, I am new to, and as far as I can see this must be the best fun site around.
:welcomefunster:
Ivan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hello Scooby, you did the right thing they will all love it. Google searches will pick up most sites but you may want to consider joining one or more of the clubs eg Camping and Caravan Club or the Caravan Club who both have many sites both large and 5 van sites , their annual fees are around £35.
We recently stayed on a CClub affiliated site at Betws y coed, nice site in a good location, good luck :thumb:

Upvote 0

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Hi and welcome i wish you many happy travels in your new home.
As stated there are loads of sites, but if you want access to cheaper sites join one or both of the big clubs for access to their 5 van sites, there are some little gems for very little money all over Gt.Britain, some have full facilities and others havent

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Doodlebug

Free Member
Jan 28, 2010
Surrey
Funster No
Exp
Hi and welcome.

The best advice I could give is to get out and use the motorhome and you can always ask for help from other campers when on site, most are a friendly bunch.

You will soon find the type of site that suits your needs.

But most of all enjoy.

::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

lazydays

Free Member
May 9, 2009
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
March 2009
Hello and welcome
flyingwelcome

We started MH last year, have two girls 3 & 6, they love it. We dont just use it to stay at sites, we go out for day trips as well and if we are enjoying ourselves and don't want to go home, we look for some where quiet to stay the night, free of charge.

Happy travels

Dave & Family

Upvote 0
Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Hi and Welcome, may you enjoy lots of holidays in your new MH.

The King Family

Norwich

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi, Im new to forum's and MH havin just bought our first MH, after a lot of nagging to my husband by myself and the kids, was woundering if any one knew of any good sites for total beginners like ourselves in the north wales area, and any advice on any aspect of MH would be gladdly accepted, as we are complete novices, :Doh: we have only been camping before and this will be total luxury ::bigsmile:
Hi ya ,
:welcomefunster:
We got our MH just before Xmas .
We were caravaner's before that , trailer tenters before that and tenters before that. Right through the camping spectrum! You've done the right thing joining MHF, any advice , ask and you'll get an answer .
Might be several different ones , but you'll find out what you want eventually:winky:
We've got 3 kids n 2 dogs who also love it .
Cant help with the Welsh sites as were yet to camp there, but it looks like Dylan above has one in your neck of the woods.
Bev

Upvote 0

John H

Free Member
Sep 2, 2009
Anglesey
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
3rd year
Hi AND WELCOME, there are plenty of sites around north Wales, Betws y Coed has a few and Anglesey and Snowdon also have plenty. If you google caravan sites you will get all the info you need. The only advise I can give is take a pen and paper with you on your first trip to make a list of the things you've forgot to bring with you, the main one not to forget is the corkscrew :Smile: Our first trip was for the weekend in Betws y Coed, not far from home if it all went wrong :cry:we had a great time and get away as often as we can. The best way to learn is to get out there and do it.

John

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
hi scooby and welcome to the asylum ::bigsmile:

if its advise you want then you'll get it here 'til it comes out your ears.
and when you feel more relaxed with the motorhome why not come to one of the funsters meetups.

all funsters, old and new, are welcome and made to feel at home and any problems (van related mostly but we do other problems too :winky:) that you cant sort out will be sorted without fail.

click this link.....Link Removed

Upvote 0

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Llanrwst

Lovely site there called something like Brondrw and we had lovely days out going on the train up Snowdon and a trip to Llanberis. Have a lovely time!

Upvote 0

mythor

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
scotland
Funster No
Exp
one year and six months

Hi and welcome,
I have just returned from Wales just after Christmas I would recomend Delamere Forest
It is Forstery Comm, Lovely site great for Children Forest Fun Two min from the train station which will take you into Chester, The site has motor home serviceing point which is great They are really nice and friendly Dog walks also you will enjoy it. It is Easy to find put Station road, Delamere Forest into Sat Nav. Phone Number 01606 889231. Also Betws Y Coed it is over towards snowden Lovely site and very helpful I cannot remember the name of the site but it was again 2 min from the town short cut over the railway Foot bridge and small train for children to operate and village is wonderful and dog friendly. but it is open all year . found it ( clearly)
Riverside touring park
old church road, Betws-Y-Coed Gwynedd Noarth Wales LL24 OAL
Phone Number 016900710310 Hard standing Motor home service point and very friendly. :thumb:
Hope this is of Help
Ann

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back