leaking tap - camping supplies in near malaga (1 Viewer)

dazzaandjay

Free Member
Mar 14, 2009
Sahorre, South France
Funster No
MH
Hymer b754
Exp
hi there,
hope someone can help. we are camped up near malaga (cabapino). our reich tap had been dripping which i could not understand as never heard the pump kick in etc, but drip it did. then it started to pour and i could hear the pump all the time. on closer inspection the wiring inside the tap had gotten stripped and touches i guess, one was cut throgh now, somehow the thread on them middle assembly of the tap had pinched the wires.

so now we have no water and a long way from home :-(

does anyway know where there are good camping supply shops down this way so we could get a new reich mixer tap? I am going to try to get the top of the tap off and see if i can re-wire the microswitch, as that might do it, but then still need to get some new wire...

hope someone can help out, only just got here and now feel like turning back and coming home :-(

Thanks
Darren and Jay

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
l think you should be able to sort it out. Relax, and work it out. Someone will help. All this talk of "we have only just arrived", and "feel like turning round and going home", nonsense. People out there are friendly, and you will find a cure for your problem. Its not a dire problem, and l am sure you will solve it. We have friends who live near Estepona, and they have an English mechanic service their cars, so, they are there. Good Luck. Craig.

Upvote 0

Rickboy

Free Member
Dec 2, 2009
Funster No
hi there,
hope someone can help. we are camped up near malaga (cabapino). our reich tap had been dripping which i could not understand as never heard the pump kick in etc, but drip it did. then it started to pour and i could hear the pump all the time. on closer inspection the wiring inside the tap had gotten stripped and touches i guess, one was cut throgh now, somehow the thread on them middle assembly of the tap had pinched the wires.

so now we have no water and a long way from home :-(

does anyway know where there are good camping supply shops down this way so we could get a new reich mixer tap? I am going to try to get the top of the tap off and see if i can re-wire the microswitch, as that might do it, but then still need to get some new wire...

hope someone can help out, only just got here and now feel like turning back and coming home :-(

Thanks
Darren and Jay

Ask at the campite.Cabopino Camping off A7 Campo de Sentido

W 04 44' 34''
N 36 29' 19''

Good luck, Rick

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Detourer

Trader - Tour Operator
Jul 30, 2007
Spain and Morocco
Funster No
MH
4x4 OverLander
Exp
20+ years
Blimey.....dripping tap so off home........but you are probably suffering from the not-to-geat Spanish weather we are have here at the moment......:ROFLMAO:

We are inland from you at Alhaurin El Grande but only around, with our mechanic/fitter, for another few days before off to Morocco...again!!

BUT, there is a motorhome/caravan strorage close to Malaga airport that also has shop and fitter [I am told], and another near the Decathlon [also near the aitport].There is also a top man at Estapona [spelling].....One or two of our clients used him last year so I think he is still there.

Catch me on 0034 658988841 if you wish......

Ray

Upvote 0

steles

Free Member
Sep 2, 2007
Kent
Funster No
MH
Panel Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2005
DO NOT PANIC
Where is tap? kitchen bathroom
Easy fix. Turn off 12v power, locate wiring to tap below, disconnect.
pump is wired normally open pump runs when switch made by opening tap.
Any tap starts pump, to use tap, open any other tap slowly.
Problem with tap disconnect hoses to tap and plug pipes (10mm bolt)
Steles

Upvote 0

elliot kp

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
gibraltar
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
one year
leaking tap

hi there,
if you are in cabopino the two closest motorhome shops to you i have been able to find are in benalmadena.

1 AUTOCARAVANAS DEL SOL SL
URB ARCOS DE LA PERLA 5029630
BENALMADENA
TEL 952568663

2 AUTOCARABANAS DEL SUR SC
CTRA COSTA DEL SOL 1 29639
BENALMADENA
TEL 952565559

i live in gib and can help you with the lingo if you wish give me a call on 0035056360000
best of luck and chin up mate:thumb:

Upvote 0

Ruddy

Free Member
Feb 24, 2009
Haverhill,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
> 1yr
Ask at the campite.Cabopino Camping off A7 Campo de Sentido

W 04 44' 34''
N 36 29' 19''

Good luck, Rick

If you go here, go to reception and ask for Garry Latter House number M131
He's english (and speaks spanish) a top handyman and he may be able to help you.
Tell him Ruddy says hello :thumb:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
D

dazzaandjay

Free Member
Mar 14, 2009
Sahorre, South France
Funster No
MH
Hymer b754
Exp
thanks so much

hi everyone,
thanks so much to all the great replies, will look into those today. may seem like we are (I am) quitting early, but it has been a tough trip and with an 18 month old who is hard work at the best of times it's just been one thing after another. the kitchen tap has just fallen to pieces, i did patch it up yesterday to work but my wife used it last night and we had a water fountain in the kitchen, its lots its grip on the bottom piece, easy enouhg to swap out if i can find a like for like replacement locally, or get one shipped from the UK. Will go on the hunt today.

Bathroom tap also stopped working day before, no idea why, worked in morning then afternoon nothing. checked wiring, all ok, has power, its not pipe problems as water comes out of it if kitchen tap is on (before that fell to pieces), I guess the micro switch. So it's left us tapless.

Thanks again, will set off now to m131 and benelmadina see what we can find.

Darren

Upvote 0

froglette

Free Member
Feb 13, 2010
Funster No
take heart

Hi there

I hope that you managed to fix the problems and take heart it will get better! This from someone whose parking brake malfunctioned and was without hot water for eight weeks whilst travelling in a motorhome in a different country. We are also at cabopino so if you are still there let us know and we might bump into you.

Ali and Steve

Upvote 0

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
"We are also at cabopino so if you are still there let us know and we "might bump into you. "

Froglette - still haven't sorted the parking brake then ? ::bigsmile:
Welcome to the forum flyingwelcome

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back