Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
what would you do if you became ill on the motorway for example a migraine came on would you pull over to the hard shoulder or struggle with disturbed vision/headache to whenever the next junction is and come off.

I asked this point to the motorway patrol agency all they said was they would submit a report in these cirumstances to question your fitness to hold a D/L.

kennygd

Free Member
Dec 1, 2009
Anywhere in the UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Starting out fulltiming
Illness

Thinking about it the hard shoulder is for emergency only, a sudden migrain is an emergency, I would stop and try and compose myself for a few minutes and struggle along to the next turn off, millions of people get migrains and that is not a reason to be reported for being unfit to hold a licence.
kenny

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I asked this point to the motorway patrol agency all they said was they would submit a report in these cirumstances to question your fitness to hold a D/L.

i alway thought it had to be prolonged illness/disablility to revoke/refuse a licence but with a response like that i'd struggle on to the next exit or until i was stopped for suspected drink driving.:Doh:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

SpongeBobsDad

Free Member
Sep 23, 2008
north east uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
25 + yrs
That`s a ridiculous answer . I would definitely pull over if my driving abilities were affected from feeling unwell, its dangerous for both you and other road users to continue driving. You already have to report any disabilities or illnesses that may affect your abilities to drive to the DVLA .

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
That`s a ridiculous answer . I would definitely pull over if my driving abilities were affected from feeling unwell, its dangerous for both you and other road users to continue driving. You already have to report any disabilities or illnesses that may affect your abilities to drive to the DVLA .

the O/P asked 'what would you do?' not what is the correct thing to do.:RollEyes:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
You already have to report any disabilities or illnesses that may affect your abilities to drive to the DVLA .

Oh ! by the way.....migraine isnt a notifiable illness.

NOTIFIABLE ILLNESS

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
what would you do if you became ill on the motorway for example a migraine came on would you pull over to the hard shoulder or struggle with disturbed vision/headache to whenever the next junction is and come off.

In view of the fact that ( I believe ) 30% of motorway accidents occur on the hard shoulder, unless you could stand being outside up a bank you are in a no win situation. Would you not have enough warning to pull off at the next exit ?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
In view of the fact that ( I believe ) 30% of motorway accidents occur on the hard shoulder, unless you could stand being outside up a bank you are in a no win situation. Would you not have enough warning to pull off at the next exit ?

you would with migraine...
evidently it starts with blurred peripheral vision and flashing lights/floaters.

shirl suffers quite badly but i doesnt floor her for a number of hours.
she can still cook my tea before she trots off to a dark place...:Blush:

SpongeBobsDad

Free Member
Sep 23, 2008
north east uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
25 + yrs
Hi PapaJohn my answer was to the original o/p not at any of your answers to the post sorry if you missunderstood what i was meanig to get accross.

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
you would with migraine...
evidently it starts with blurred peripheral vision and flashing lights/floaters.

shirl suffers quite badly but i doesnt floor her for a number of hours.
she can still cook my tea before she trots off to a dark place...:Blush:

Good to see the wifes got her priorities sorted john:thumb:i just got a slap by the way:Wacko:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
I would pull over I think..

I asked this point to the motorway patrol agency

But these are people who are not bright enough to get a REAL job !

Given what these muppets said, if some of em stopped I would tell em I got stung by something .. Lets see what they make of THAT !
Proly try and report the critter for dangerous activities within a vehicle .. I am reminded of the good folk of Hartlepool ::bigsmile:

OP
OP
duetto owner

duetto owner

Free Member
May 7, 2009
north surrey
Funster No
MH
hi top
Exp
in first year
thanks all for the replies, it has never happened to me yet but i do get bad migraines and cluster headaches and is always in the back of my mind what if i get caught out on a m/w trip.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back