Cleaning product reccomendation ? (1 Viewer)

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Can anyone reccomend a good product to remove "black rain streaks" quickly and easily. Must be in trigger spray form ???

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hi try Fenwicks Black Streak Remover, I use it on my RV no probs you can buy it online at www.fenwicks.info or at caravan / motorhome acc dealers. It comes in a spray container.

Last edited:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
We use Muc-Off Caravan & Motorhome cleaner, comes in a trigger spray bottle and does what its name implies.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
You can buy Fewicks from Halfords. I got some stuff from the states which was excellent, a bit stronger than the Fenwicks, its called Starbright.

Jim
:Smile:
Edit: You can buy the Starbright in the uk from a ships chandlers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Have always camped, caravaned or had boats. Now in our second year with the motorhome.
Many thanks for quick replies, will have a trip to dealer later. Were off for the weekend tommorow 1st trip since early december so need to spruce the van up after all that snow and rain.

Note to self....
Must make roof for motorhome parking area this year !!!!!
::bigsmile:

mulaz

Free Member
Apr 14, 2009
Durham
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
3 years
£1

i use PVC cleaner from one of the budget cheapo shops . have used many types and all work a treat at removing black streets / mould etc.
i have also converted 2 other's that i know to start using it .
i'm using 151 PVC cleaner at the moment in a bright orange spray bottle.... £1 a bottle.
i know people will say ahh!!!!! but after 3 years my van still looks like new and i dont have to pay silly prices just because its for a motorhome or caravan.

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
Jim
Edit: You can buy the Starbright in the uk from a ships chandlers.

:ROFLMAO: You beat me too it by about 10 seconds!:ROFLMAO:
Mailspeed Marine, Warrington.:thumb:
I use the Starbrite polish and it's awesome.:thumb:

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

I have been told that Lidl's Bathroom Mousse works very well on black streaks, I have purchased a can, but haven't got around to using yet, if you do go down this route let us know how you get on, or if anyone else has used it I would be interested in the results.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
The problem that I have when buying a cleaning agent is when it doesnt tell me on the label that it can be used on fibre glass.

Its ok using cheap products but it aint cheap further down the line when the suface of your mh looks like the surface of the moon.

Jim

spindrifter

Free Member
Apr 27, 2009
Funster No
I use Fenwick's Motorhome Cleaner - diluted 1 part cleaner to 10 parts water in a trigger spray bottle - works just as good as their Black Streak Cleaner and is cheaper by far. Plus you have the Motorhome cleaner for the rest of the bodywork but can top up the trigger bottle as often as you like.

Hope that helps

Cheers

David

savantuk

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Cumbria, Lake district UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
30 years.
I use cheap baby wipes for most difficult cleaning applications. They work a treat, and most contain lanolin or similar.

Think of it like this - if it isn't going to hurt a baby's bum, then it's going to be OK on fibreglass:Smile:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I use Fenwick's Motorhome Cleaner - diluted 1 part cleaner to 10 parts water in a trigger spray bottle - works just as good as their Black Streak Cleaner and is cheaper by far. Plus you have the Motorhome cleaner for the rest of the bodywork but can top up the trigger bottle as often as you like.

Hope that helps

Cheers

David

Hi, Tried that didnt work. Needs more like 10 too 10.

Jim

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
I use cheap baby wipes for most difficult cleaning applications. They work a treat, and most contain lanolin or similar.

Think of it like this - if it isn't going to hurt a baby's bum, then it's going to be OK on fibreglass:Smile:

It would take me a lifetime to clean the mh with baby wipes.

Jim

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Have a look at this- Link Removed
I just bought the Motor Home Cleaning kit-it arrived within 2 days.::bigsmile:
Mike

Sent an email too Soapy's at lunch time to enquire whether the product was compatible with Fibre Glass. I know that they have read it because I got a confirmation. They havent been back in touch. Its not a hard question is it ?

Jim

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I use Fenwick's Motorhome Cleaner - diluted 1 part cleaner to 10 parts water
David

Fenwicks Black Streak remover is 'a 10-1 dilution of Fenwicks Cleaner' It says so on the bottle.
On the Fenwicks Motohome Cleaner bottle it states :- It is suitable for cleaning aluminium,acrylic windows,fibreglass,GRP,ABS,decals,stickers,mastics,and sealants.

hope that helps.Mike.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Fenwicks Black Streak remover is 'a 10-1 dilution of Fenwicks Cleaner' It says so on the bottle.
On the Fenwicks Motohome Cleaner bottle it states :- It is suitable for cleaning aluminium,acrylic windows,fibreglass,GRP,ABS,decals,stickers,mastics,and sealants.

hope that helps.Mike.

Thanks Mike. I'm not sure that I have ever seen that product on the shelf.

I've used the Motorhome cleaner to good effect but never seen that on the container.

Jim

OP
OP
ips

ips

Free Member
Jul 3, 2009
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Thanks for all the replies. I got a litre of Fenwicks MH cleaner and diluted it 10-1 in a trigger. It worked very well however it did leave a chalkie finish so would also need polishing which is not ideal but it did clean the grime and streaks very well.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back