Re. Re Password hack problem (1 Viewer)

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Further to problems experienced with this Relevant Knowledge 'nasty' which wiped out all my passwords, I have just discovered that despite changing my eBay password twice over the past few days, it has now gone again with the result eBay have shut my account down.

I now find I have yet another 'nasty' running which is showing 100% use of my cpu......csrss.exe which you can all read about here;

Link Removed
http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/csrss.exe.html
Link Removed

I feel a reformat beckoning......:Angry::Angry:

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Further to problems experienced with this Relevant Knowledge 'nasty' which wiped out all my passwords, I have just discovered that despite changing my eBay password twice over the past few days, it has now gone again with the result eBay have shut my account down.

I now find I have yet another 'nasty' running which is showing 100% use of my cpu......csrss.exe which you can all read about here;

Link Removed
http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/csrss.exe.html
Link Removed

I feel a reformat beckoning......:Angry::Angry:

Have you seen this?

Whatever you do, do not delete csrss.exe. Every win32 computer has a process csrss.exe running. It is a critical part of windows. Now if you got infected with the Zlob trojan there is a chance that csrss.exe might have been compromised, but it is probably unlikely. What you should realize is that anytime a computer is infected with a major virus or trojan like Zlob, there is going to be some residual registry issues that should be dealt with. If you do not currently have a good registry cleaning program, I think now is the time to install one. Once you have run a thorough cleaning of the registry you should be able to update your web browser software. This should totally clean up your error 76 and 1603 messages. If you need a good registry cleaning program I recommend this one Link Removed. I think it might the best registry cleaning program I have ever used. Hope it all works out.

or this?

Any name in Task Manager can be a legitimate, critical Windows program or malware with the same name. This is one reason the Vista version of Task Manager has a Command Line column -- so you can see if it's running from the correct directory.

csrss.exe in general is a Windows program, and as such, should be running from C:\Windows\System32. Here's how to find out:

1. In Task Manager, go to the Processes tab.
2. Click the View->Select Columns menu item.
3. Scroll down and check the Command Line checkbox.
4. Click OK.

If you're running with Administrator privileges, you should see the command line for csrss.exe now. If not, click the Show processes from all users button and give an administrator password to see the command line. Don't be surprised if you see more than one copy.

Hope that helps.

Taken from a forum

Have you joined a forum for advice?

Plenty of help out there :thumb:

OP
OP
B

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
Have you seen this?

Whatever you do, do not delete csrss.exe. Every win32 computer has a process csrss.exe running. It is a critical part of windows. Now if you got infected with the Zlob trojan there is a chance that csrss.exe might have been compromised, but it is probably unlikely. What you should realize is that anytime a computer is infected with a major virus or trojan like Zlob, there is going to be some residual registry issues that should be dealt with. If you do not currently have a good registry cleaning program, I think now is the time to install one. Once you have run a thorough cleaning of the registry you should be able to update your web browser software. This should totally clean up your error 76 and 1603 messages. If you need a good registry cleaning program I recommend this one Link Removed. I think it might the best registry cleaning program I have ever used. Hope it all works out.
Yes I already read that via google, but I also read this too, "Csrss.exe is also registered as a Trojan that enables hackers and attackers to gain access to your PC from a remote location and then steal your personal and confidential data, such as passwords, Internet Banking details, and other personal files and folders."

Re. the link to 'registry cleaner'.....after discovering how many 'nasties' you have, just how much is the charge to get rid of 'em? The last time I used a totally free registry cleaner, I still ended up having to reformat as basically it made a complet b***s up of the pc!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
On the other hand you could put it all back in the box and then chuck it the dustbin.:RollEyes:

Next, all you need to do is go out and by a Mac. problem solved forever:thumb:

Pete:Cool:

OP
OP
B

Bulletguy

Free Member
Feb 7, 2008
Cheshire/Staffs
Funster No
On the other hand you could put it all back in the box and then chuck it the dustbin.:RollEyes:

Next, all you need to do is go out and by a Mac. problem solved forever:thumb:

Pete:Cool:
Thanks for that Pete.......good job I have a sense of humour!

Plus laptop. ::bigsmile:

A complete reformat is the answer....I don't trust these registry 'cleaners'.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Thanks for that Pete.......good job I have a sense of humour!

Plus laptop. ::bigsmile:

A complete reformat is the answer....I don't trust these registry 'cleaners'.

This is not right. That is a suspect post!!:Eeek:

Clearly this is the hacker, he's obtained Bguys password forFun and is posting in his name. This must be an imposter, we all know Bulletguy doesn't have a sense of humour:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
csrss.exe in general is a Windows program, and as such, should be running from C:\Windows\System32. Here's how to find out:

1. In Task Manager, go to the Processes tab.
2. Click the View->Select Columns menu item.
3. Scroll down and check the Command Line checkbox.
4. Click OK.

well that worked....NOT.

it isnt listed in column view :Sad:

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back