web pages not opening correctly (1 Viewer)

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i keep getting web pages loading as in the thumbnail.....any advice please.

Attachments

• johns cross (Large).jpg
    johns cross (Large).jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 27

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Pappajohn,

I have managed to replicate this using firefox in the view-zoom options select 'zoom text only'. Use ctl + to zoom the text and you get what you have posted.

I have also tried this in IE 8 but cannot find a zomm text option. What version of IE are you using? perhaps the options are different in earlier version.

I have also noticed that sites behave differently when zoomed. The john cross site behaves as your picture but the fun site zooms the text frames so that the text stays within the frame. It must be that way that the site is written

I have just noticed that the john cross site does not disply the same in IE and Firefox. In IE the 'contacts' and 'terms' appear on the wrong line

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Can't edit last post so I'll post a reply.

I have now found in IE8 under 'Page' a 'Text Size' setting. It was set to largest resetting to normal took the contacts & terms on the JC site back within its frame.

Your problem certainly looks to be related to the accessibility/text size settings on your pc

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Can't edit last post so I'll post a reply.

I have now found in IE8 under 'Page' a 'Text Size' setting. It was set to largest resetting to normal took the contacts & terms on the JC site back within its frame.

Your problem certainly looks to be related to the accessibility/text size settings on your pc

sorted.:thumb:

for reasons unknown the text size was set to largest....no reset to medium and all is ok again.

cheers.

Bryan....no, only some pages...johnscross, abbey pdf forms etc.

john-A

Free Member
Dec 6, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika
Exp
n/a
pappajohn
If you look at the bottom right of your screen and just above the clock and a bit to the left you will see a magnifying glass with a blue cross in it and by the side a % figure, this should change automaticly but you can change it yourself to suit.
If you have the same issue again try that

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pappajohn

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
pappajohn
If you look at the bottom right of your screen and just above the clock and a bit to the left you will see a magnifying glass with a blue cross in it and by the side a % figure, this should change automaticly but you can change it yourself to suit.
If you have the same issue again try that

thanks john but my screen is different to that....
just the digi clock and to the left of that a line of program icons.

now i know the problem its easy to fixed using VIEW in the top tool bar then TEXT SIZE.

problem solved. :thumb:

the important PDF form now makes sense and has now been filled in:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back