Motorhome Security (1 Viewer)

N

Nobody

Deleted User
what is agood security device what doesnt cost the earth. someone said there is a padlock that when moved gives off a alarm siren any ideas moterhome parked on drive:winky:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
The best motorhome security item that you can buy anywhere is in my signature. There is 10% off this week so it will cost around £6 only::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Frankie

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Buckinghamshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2008
Hi, I fitted a stronghold security post in front of our van,very secure plus discount on insurance.:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i have one of the alarm padlocks for my genny/A frame and they are very effective.

ANY movement, even on the securing cable, will trigger the alarm unless it a very slow and gentle movement and its extremely sensitive to any kind of shock...flick it, or the cable close to it, with your finger and it goes off.

excellent for what it is but i certainly wouldnt depend on it to secure the van.

got mine at one of the shows..£10 each.
the guy sells these and special fuel can spouts only.

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
what is agood security device what doesnt cost the earth. someone said there is a padlock that when moved gives off a alarm siren any ideas moterhome parked on drive:winky:

Main question is "who would hear it". So how close are you to anyone who would be bothered to take notice of the pathetic little noise ?

And anyway, something padlock sized, they just wrap in a coat or gunge it with foam.

Bottom line is you've got to make them think it's too much work and to go and nick someone else's MH.

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Main question is "who would hear it". So how close are you to anyone who would be bothered to take notice of the pathetic little noise ?

And anyway, something padlock sized, they just wrap in a coat or gunge it with foam.

Bottom line is you've got to make them think it's too much work and to go and nick someone else's MH.

you'de be surprised Brian.....120db siren...but yes, who would take any notice.
visit any supermarket car park for proof.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
One way is to put a hidden switch between the fuel cut off solenoid and the ignition/battery, it will never start.!

Peter
certainly wont peter but it wont stop the scroats robbing you blind !

i'v done similar in the past....remove the fuel cutoff selonoid relay altogether.

its remembering to replace it thats the problem :Blush:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back