Is this the real meaning of a motorcaravan (1 Viewer)

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Link Removed

Looks quite well done have seen some in the past but not like this

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Someone is going to get a right bargain there !

As PJ said, fantastic job and no two ways about it :thumb:

bazfergy

Free Member
Apr 20, 2009
dumfries scotland
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years
I don't think i'd want to get rid of it,it's a work of art.Why dont you buy it gerry and i can come and have a look seen as you're local:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

adenough

Free Member
Sep 12, 2008
Manchester
Funster No
I remember back in the 80s you would see quite a few foreign registered outfits which consisted of a caravan body bolted onto a commercial flatbed. I always thought it a good idea when you consider the disparity between a caravan and motorhome. Do you think it is greater wealth or the snob factor that has resulted in these innovations disappearing from the road? I also thought they were a lot more interesting than "off the shelf" motorhomes.
By the way that one has been on the bay before. If he's a trader you would think he would fix it.

Jim

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
Interesting, have seen similar before. And it's not a million miles away from the original Romahomes which were a pod stuck on a flatbed, many of which are still around having been moved on to newer bases.

Wouldn't do for me though - part of the attraction of a motorhome over a car/caravan combo is being able to move from driver's seat to lounge/kitchen/bathroom without having to get out and walk round. Especially if it's cold or raining! :Smile:

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I always thought it a good idea when you consider the disparity between a caravan and motorhome. Do you think it is greater wealth or the snob factor that has resulted in these innovations disappearing from the road?
Jim

A lot of the new motor homes that we looked at before buying ours were like a very basic entry caravan .
Lots smaller too. Flimsy built units , tiny fridges , supposedly 5/6 birth ( sleeping maybe , but living in it :Eeek: ) which we needed.
We couldn't see the point in changing over... had a decent budget too.
We looked at loads and loads and almost gave up.
Glad we didnt though.:winky:

I cant understand why there is the snobbery that there is between MH and caravaner's personally.
You will find that alot of the caravan/car units far more expensive and better quality than some of the ancient rust buckets that you see on the road
( though im sure there loved dearlyhardhat)
So far we love our MH. Cant ever see us returning to caravans as motohoming suits our way of camping a lot more .
But , it certainly wouldn't be a hardship if we ever did decide to return to caravans. There are some beautiful top end models out there with 1st class features and fixtures.

Bev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Now I may be wrong, forgive me if I am
But it looks like someones stuck an old caravan on the back of an old truck

adenough

Free Member
Sep 12, 2008
Manchester
Funster No
I've seen some great pics [can't remember where] of home made MHs in New Zealand using a variety of ancient trucks. I thought they looked great. I assume they have a different attitude to the touring/camping thing than us.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back