Free Member
Jan 27, 2010
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
Hi, My names is Jim. I've just joined and have been encouraged to introduce my self.
Past holidays have mainly involved fast and furious car journeys to and from southern Italy where my wife's father comes from. We had enjoyed this until about 4 years ago when we were directed off the autoroute at Nantua in France at about 7.00am.

We followed the diversion signs, and as we left the town (Nantua) we drove past a small lake,the mist was rising from the lake and the sun was shining from above the mountains, There were motorhome's of all nationalities parked right next to the lake, old fella's walking back from the town with baguettes, the wives were laying tables for breakfast. We (Deb and I ) just looked at each other and realised what we'd been missing !!

2 years later we bought our 1st camper, a VW transporter which we had converted. It's small, suits us down to the ground at the moment, and we love it dearly.

Sorry for the waffle !
Looking forward to fun, friends, and usefull info !

Jim

john-A

Free Member
Dec 6, 2009
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Laika
Exp
n/a
Hi Jim and welcome that was a nice story.:thumb:
You have joined a great bunch of people and the forum is a great place for advise

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
J

jimsangio

Free Member
Jan 27, 2010
Yeovil
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
Thank you

Thanks to you all for your welcome

Jim

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hello Jim welcome. Your story makes my feet start itching, must get on the road :Smile:

bobandjanie

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 28, 2008
Javea, Spain
Funster No
MH
Pilote V600g
Exp
Hi Jim, welcome to Motorhome Fun :thumb: I was in haulage until 4 years ago, its a lot better driving the motorhome as you can stop and start when you want.........:winky:::bigsmile: Were in Spain until March but your intro just reminded use we need some bread....:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: We never got the same feeling in France in January as it was covered in snow and cold, but still saw the frenchman with their baguettes, it makes me smile when they only give you a bit of paper with it and no bag.::bigsmile:
flyingwelcome Bob and Jane. :beer:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
just looked at each other and realised what we'd been missing !!

2 years later we bought our 1st camper, a VW transporter which we had converted. It's small, suits us down to the ground at the moment, and we love it dearly.

Sorry for the waffle !
Looking forward to fun, friends, and usefull info !

Jim

You can waffle like that all day - it's just what we are all about.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back