Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Currently sitting in the sun with our glass of wine looking at the sun going down in a clear sky. We are en route to Spain and having read about the site in the forum, guessed that it would be a good place to overnight. It was a good days drive from the port and after 8 hrs, incl a few comfort stops, we arrive at 4ish last night and we are glad we did. Bob and Di are excellent hosts and the site is in a lovely area and there are some lovely walks which we have just enjoyed. The village is "interesting" and the old railway track near by is now a walk/cycle path. We have decieded to stop for a second night and hopefully cross the border into Spain tomorrow. It's certainly now on our list of stops both going South or North, so if you are thinking of comeing here, don't think about it DO IT!! you won't be disappointed :thumb:

superk

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Devon
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion now sold
Exp
8 years
Stay where you are until after the weekend - sounds great - lashing rain thunder and lightning with the odd sunny break in SW Spain (Conil de la Frontera) and forecast to continue.:Sad:

:Smile:
Keith

Julie798

Free Member
Dec 17, 2007
Funster No
el tiempo

Looks like the sun returns on the coast in Spain on Sunday :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
hi geoff can you tell me what port you came into . we are due to stop at parc verger on the way down to spain , we are coming into la havra and wondering how long it will take us to get there :Blush:

OP
OP
geoff1947

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Par Verger

We crossed overnight from Portsmouth- La Harve and drove south on the motorway and exited at Tours. It will cost £50 toll fee but we wanted to get as far south as we could and quickly. Bit expensive.e then went east to Chateauroux and south to Limoges The motorway for this stretch is toll free. With a couple of short breaks it took around 8 hrs but was worth it as we are packing up in the SUN and heading south to Carcassonne.:thumb:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
lashing rain thunder and lightning with the odd sunny break in SW Spain (Conil de la Frontera) and forecast to continue.:Sad:

:Smile:
Keith

Sat here in a cold damp Wales I am sooo glad to hear that::bigsmile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
hi geoff can you tell me what port you came into . we are due to stop at parc verger on the way down to spain , we are coming into la havra and wondering how long it will take us to get there :Blush:

That route (Le Havre to Parc verger) is around 350 miles (I guess) so that would take me about 7 hours with a couple of stops

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
thanks for that bit of info jim . we do not stop much once we get going . hope the weather is ok for us on wednesday to drive up to Portsmouth from falmouth , keeping my fingers crossed :Blush:

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Theresa - just a quickie to say that coming down the A20 towards Limoges you need to exit at Junction 28 and follow the directions on our website. Most satnavs still say take J30 or J33 but that is now much slower as it involves you going through Limoges itself and another bottleneck.

Have a safe journey

Bob

theresa

Free Member
Mar 9, 2008
near falmouth cornwall
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
15 years
well we are here at parc verger , got here a day early as we were lucky enough to get on an earlier ferry lovely site and a very nice welcome , first time we have been here but it wont be the last thats for sure . we had planed to only stay for one night but have decided to stay for two now. the drive down from le havre went very well and the weather was kind to us :thumb:

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
Stumbled across this thread as we are heading up to Parc Verger tomorrow. Struck me as a shame(?) that it features four funsters who are now read only (n)

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Stumbled across this thread as we are heading up to Parc Verger tomorrow. Struck me as a shame(?) that it features four funsters who are now read only (n)

This funster is not read only! Come and say hello, we are in the naughty corner in Chateau Munchie!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
All but you and Jim are no longer members:(

Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough

If I recall right the village is closed on a Tuesday, don't do as we did first time there, arrive and walk to town to eat with a nearly empty fridge in MH :(,

even the bakers were closed o_O

been since and arrive with at least one meal just in case (y) but I think new owners were looking to create a little shop, @Munchie Ken will know for sure re shop and village opening days (y)

lovely café restaurant though, worth finding out when open :)(y)

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
If I recall right the village is closed on a Tuesday, don't do as we did first time there, arrive and walk to town to eat with a nearly empty fridge in MH :(,

even the bakers were closed o_O

been since and arrive with at least one meal just in case (y) but I think new owners were looking to create a little shop, @Munchie Ken will know for sure re shop and village opening days (y)

lovely café restaurant though, worth finding out when open :)(y)

I will guide them through La Belle France, the Haute Vienne in particular!

Jan 27, 2013
Stamford
Funster No
MH
Benimar Mileo 282
Exp
Seven plus years
It's okay we have some food we've dragged 2k miles or so in the freezer! But I'm sure (hopeful) that we will pick up some stuff on route (he said checking Carrefour website right now).

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
This funster is not read only! Come and say hello, we are in the naughty corner in Chateau Munchie!
Don't! They ply you with copious amounts of alcohol and send you on your way with wobbly legs. ;)

Jun 18, 2012
Preston
Funster No
MH
Grandad's Camper-CPC
Exp
Since 2012
We stopped 3 nights last Sept. Loved the site, but the village was dead. But there are at least 2 small supermarkets an easy bike ride away. Plus not much of a drive to some larger ones.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back