£3,000 for a ebike! (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
You'll find if you bothered to investigate that there is far far more workmanship and engineering in any high end bicycle than there is in a Honda Vision or any other mass produced low end basic motorcycle.
Ooooooh! Touched a nerve there :giggler:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Ooooooh! Touched a nerve there :giggler:

Not at all. I don't have any high end bikes. I don't ride enough any more to warrant one.

Just pointing out the absurdity of suggesting that some entry level put-put has any workmanship at all never mind more than a high end hand built bicycle (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
I think your being a bit unfair to Honda there.. to suggest Honda, you know, the high quality and arguably the best motorcycle brand in the world would build a scooter with "no workmanship at all" is a bit silly.

OK then forget workmanship for the minute, what about the cost of the components and raw materials, there is a lot more of them on a scooter, and everything is bigger and heavier duty.

PS you're probably confusing Honda with some pile of scrap British motorcycle :ROFLMAO:

Oct 12, 2013
Filey
Funster No
MH
N and B Flair
Exp
Since 2014
IMG_5984.JPG

May 7, 2016
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 2003
I owned a Honda CB and I agree it was well engineered. I now own a Gocycle. The designer left a dream job at McLaren Cars to dedicate all of his time to making an exceptional e-bike. Like the Kalkhoff the Gocycle is expensive but they certainly don't come second in design and engineering terms.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
You'll find if you bothered to investigate that there is far far more workmanship and engineering in any high end bicycle than there is in a Honda Vision or any other mass produced low end basic motorcycle.
Still a bike you have to pedal though Nick no matter how much engineering goes into it.

Khizzie

Free Member
Jul 26, 2014
Le Repaire,Thiviers,France
Funster No
MH
Autocriuse stargazer
Exp
since 2002
I think your being a bit unfair to Honda there.. to suggest Honda, you know, the high quality and arguably the best motorcycle brand in the world would build a scooter with "no workmanship at all" is a bit silly.

OK then forget workmanship for the minute, what about the cost of the components and raw materials, there is a lot more of them on a scooter, and everything is bigger and heavier duty.

PS you're probably confusing Honda with some pile of scrap British motorcycle :ROFLMAO:
British bikes are not a pile of scrap .you're confusing jap crap with quality.lol

Mr B

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 1, 2015
Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065ff Design Edit
Exp
Since 2015.......
Seen these and thought Jesus
eBay item no

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Like most things in life Chris
Often people sneer and say 'more money than sense'
But maybe people with more money have accumulated said money because they have more sense?

Who's Chris?

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Like most things in life Chris
Often people sneer and say 'more money than sense'
But maybe people with more money have accumulated said money because they have more sense?

What I think though, is people with lots of flashy possessions haven't got a pot to pee in and are up to their necks in debt. And I bet it's true half the time.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User

Honda unquestionably do build high end well engineered bikes.

The Vision isn't one of them though. (y)

As for them being the best brand in the world all I can say is :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Who's Chris?
Sorry Nick
Dyslexia will be the death of me
after Mrs C of course
You're nothing like Chris
Far more svelt and intelligent

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Odds are you've never seen a Honda vision let alone owned one!

Best Motorcycle brand... and I did say arguably.

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
upload_2017-6-16_19-7-49.jpeg

Riese & Muller ebike (battery hidden by bag), hardly used £950 - Bosch crank drive(y)

Advantage over Honda Vision or Wave which I considered

- no road tax, insurance, MOT or papers needed(y)

and only weighs 25kg

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
What I think though, is people with lots of flashy possessions haven't got a pot to pee in and are up to their necks in debt. And I bet it's true half the time.

I cannot be bothered worrying what debt other people have and like to see people enjoying what they have and worked for.
I have mates who are multi millionaires and my best mate from school has a car worth less than a decent meal out but I don't worry about it or judge them.
You make the best out of what you have, my brother in law never goes out buys presents takes my sister out for a meal or bothered taking his kids out when they were younger all he does is save for when he retires?
Just a sad bloke.
You are only going to die once so best enjoy it.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Odds are you've never seen a Honda vision let alone owned one!

Best Motorcycle brand... and I did say arguably.

Of course I've seen one and I've played around with one. They're cheaply produced, thrown together, entry level put-puts.

Chances of me ever buying one? Somewhere considerably less than zero.

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
In that case I shall file it with the rest of the biased, unfounded opinions I hear every day.

That IS Definitely my opinion. You can't have an unfounded opinion because that's all it is... my opinion.. and please feel free to disregard it :cry::D2

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Of course I've seen one and I've played around with one. They're cheaply produced, thrown together, entry level put-puts.

Chances of me ever buying one? Somewhere considerably less than zero.

Just out of interest then, what do you think to the Chinese scooters, that incidentally are MUCH cheaper than the Honda.

PS I know you're having a laugh :sneaky:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back