Blaupunkt Lucca 5.2 Satnav Co-ordinates help? (1 Viewer)

kinsleyboy

Free Member
Dec 11, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560
Exp
Oct 09
My Bessacarr E560 has a Lucca 5.2 Satnav fitted which doubles up as a screen for the reversing camera.
Does anyone know how I input co-ordinates into it instead of postcodes when trying to get it to find a location. The options don't give me any help and I've emailed Blaupunkt but had no response at all.
Also, mine has maps for North Europe installed (which doesn't include Spain) so any help so that I can add Spain & Portugal would be great. :Doh:

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
Unfortunatly you cannot input co-ordinates with that unit. :cry:

Mark

OP
OP
kinsleyboy

kinsleyboy

Free Member
Dec 11, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560
Exp
Oct 09
Thanks for that (bad) news about the Lucca 5.2 not being able to accept co-ordinates, Mark.
All the blurb I'd read on the net was making me think that was the case!.

Do you or anyone else know if I can add Spain & Portugal to the maps currently on it please?:Angry:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

C.L.S

Trader - Service & Repairs
Jul 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not long enough
I have used the Lucca 5.2 in Spain , so not sure why your unit is missing the maps.
The blurb........

The Blaupunkt Lucca 5.2 has mapping for 41 European Countries pre-loaded onto 2Gbs of internal memory. This includes FULL UK mapping (2D or 3D mapping) including postcode search.

Buy a TomTom and save the hassle :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: seriously never got on with mine.:Sad:

Mark

SpongeBobsDad

Free Member
Sep 23, 2008
north east uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
25 + yrs
I agree with mark can`t get on with mine, although the reversing camera screen is good ,i prefer my Garmin

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Have to agree with previous, I scrapped the Blaupunkt and splashed out on a TomTom Go 940. A great bit of kit.
:Smile:

Lincolnshire Rover

Free Member
Feb 12, 2009
South Lincolnshire
Funster No
Exp
I have the same unit in my Ace Airstream 680FB and as a satnav its about as usefull as a chocolate fireguard the reversing camera would be better if the image could be reversed so as earlier stated buy a TOMTOM download the poi's you need and have a good trip

OP
OP
kinsleyboy

kinsleyboy

Free Member
Dec 11, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E560
Exp
Oct 09
Thanks for all your replies folks.
My Lucca has 36 Countries loaded......on the unit Product info it says it has EuropeNorth-v32.map loaded and Spain & Portugal definitely don't appear on the list of countries so I don't quite understand why Swift fitted such a poor device.:Angry:

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Thanks for all your replies folks.
My Lucca has 36 Countries loaded......on the unit Product info it says it has EuropeNorth-v32.map loaded and Spain & Portugal definitely don't appear on the list of countries so I don't quite understand why Swift fitted such a poor device.:Angry:
Have to agree, loved my Mhome but why let it down by fitting such a poor piece of kit?
And starting another moan why oh why do manufacturers not include essentials such as fridge vents,screens etc with the new vehicle ? it would cost buttons but answering my own question I suppose the accessory suppliers would kick up a bit of a :Doh:
Finally on a brighter note the old Tomtom has made for stress free continental touring, never a raised voice twixt navigator and helmsman. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back