Hi Everbody (1 Viewer)

stuhaynes

Free Member
Jan 26, 2010
Funster No
Thought it might be nice to say 'hello'! Most of my camping has been tent based but I've played with caravans as well. I've used an RV over the last couple of years but never actually owned one. Well not yet anyway!
My other love is boats which of course RV's have a lot in common with.
I work from home and publish articles about camping and boating.

I'm looking forward to having a good look around.
Stu Haynes :Smile:

Sep 29, 2009
East Anglia
Funster No
MH
Roller Team
Exp
Since 2009
Hi and Welcome

Any particular boats? We are sailors, mainly our daughter who is the competative one. Needless to say our motorhome sees a lot of sailing clubs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Hello Stu, whatever your mode ,enjoy it , welcome :Smile:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
A Warm welcome to the friendiest & bestest club ever,, :thumb:

OP
OP
stuhaynes

stuhaynes

Free Member
Jan 26, 2010
Funster No
Hi and Welcome

Any particular boats? We are sailors, mainly our daughter who is the competative one. Needless to say our motorhome sees a lot of sailing clubs.

Thanks for your welcome

Our boat is the one pictured in my original post and we've had her since 2001. She was built in 1950 (same year as me!) but whereas I was 'launched' in 1950 the boat waited until 1951 before her launch. The picture shows her under sail, crossing the Wash in 1972. I've never had the sails up because we tend to cruise the inland system, where there's not a lot of space.
I first went camping about 1965 and it's a habit that's stuck with me. I've used a MH a couple of times but never actually owned one. Even so it's easy enough to make the connection between tent, boat, caravan and motorhome.
Do people live in motorhomes full time? I'm only asking this because there is a common misconception that boats must be cold in winter and I wonder if this is perhaps actually true of motorhomes too.
I think it's probably true to say that you enjoy combining hobbies as I do. Wish your daughter good luck!
Cheers

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back