Hello! I'm back with a question (1 Viewer)

madmothermeryl

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
Exp
today!
Still excited about buying the motorhome but now have to insure it - any good ideas as to who to use?
We think we'll be doing about 5K miles a year - anyone you'd recommend?
i'm amazed at how many people have contacted me, you are such a friendly bunch!!::bigsmile:

dewaltman

Free Member
May 19, 2008
south wales
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
5 years , tugging for 27 years
motorhome insurance

hi i'm with caravanguard best for me but others will be on with other companies that were best for them suggest you phone around once you ve got several names just like cars quotes differ quite a bit

Upvote 0

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
just transfered to the NFU....Link Removed

click the link, click your region and get the address of the local offices.

very friendly and helpful.

no online quotes as they quote on individual circumstances/merits but well worth a visit.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

davejen

Free Member
Aug 21, 2008
Preston
Funster No
MH
Given up travelling
Exp
Since 1992
Still excited about buying the motorhome but now have to insure it - any good ideas as to who to use?
i'm amazed at how many people have contacted me, you are such a friendly bunch!!::bigsmile:

Hi, Meryl, we are with the NFU -good price and service, also insure the smart toad with them too- £500 the lot fully comp 10,000mls per annum
Cheers, Dave:thumb:

Upvote 0

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
If your an old fart like me try Saga there are others :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

SpongeBobsDad

Free Member
Sep 23, 2008
north east uk
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
25 + yrs

Hi I am with safeguard i find the premiums are comparable with most companies the good thing is that they roll the breakdown cover in with the price it hasn`t got any restrictions on with AA fleet recovery. Have used their services both in the uk and abroad it was excellent on every occasion.:thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

JayDee

Free Member
Oct 7, 2007
N. Devon
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years after 5 years with caravan.
We're with Comfort, which actually ends up being Norwich Union (sorry Aviva!). They also do breakdown cover which is provided by the RAC. When we have had to use them they were excellent.

Our previous MH was insured with Safeguard with breakdown cover with AA. They too were excellent.

Do shop around, though. The differences in costs and what's covered can be astonishing.

John

Upvote 0
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Hi ya,
were with Safeguard . Full cover, home/abroad . Both as drivers, going for the middle mileage level (had 3 to choose from, cant remember how many)
We were very surprised how cheap they were. I'm 46 Ralph's 43 .

Is it more expensive when young , getting cheaper as you get a bit older , before getting more expensive when you are 70 plus ?? Just wondering

We have had caravans in the past , being new to motor homes Dec 09.
We pay less for the MH than we did the caravan !! Caravan was Only 14k new.
I made sure i double and triple checked just to be sure.
Safeguard also asked more in depth questions than the other companies i contacted. We also got the full no claims bonus transfered from our cars.:thumb:
Bev

Upvote 0

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
HI And yes your right we are a friendly bunch. Its only polite ::bigsmile:

We use Safegaurd. The reason why is that we get free aa cover including 90 days in Europe. Amd whats more they are as cheap as anyone else.

Upvote 0

MME

Free Member
Aug 19, 2007
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
C Class 542
Exp
6 Years
Good or Bad

Hi,

I was with Caravan Guard for many years and found their service excellent. The cost was about £250 per year. Last year I changed to the Caravan Club to take advantage of extra benefits. Cheapest is not always best so read the small print.

You may wish to check these Insurers:

Link Removed

Upvote 0

fordnutz

Free Member
Jan 18, 2010
North West Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
Coach-built
Exp
1 Year
We have just renewed our MH insurance. Tried Safeguard, Saga, Caravan Guard, CC, CCC, plus a few others. Quotes ranged from £360 down to £194, which we took out - through Sure Term Direct who are a sponsor of this site.

Upvote 0

froghopper

Free Member
Nov 29, 2009
winchester
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
before they were invented
m/home ins

:thumb:hi , glad you are getting what you want here, , :ROFLMAO: now about this insurance, CAMPTON in surry, i have a 20k motorhome, only vehicle, covered for everything, no mileage limit, awning, contents, and multi trip uk and europe breakdown cover , 247 all in, real people on the phone, you call, leave number, they will call back,, HEY and they do,,
lots of other deals about, and funsters who are happy, but must be worth a call,,, good luck, travel well, and dont forget to wave,,, :thumb::thumb:

Upvote 0

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
I switched this year to Coversure as the excess was only £100 and with protected bonus cost under £200. I agree with earlier posting, avoid Equity Redstar (had bad service with claim on my car although not my fault) unfortunately all Camping & Caravanning Club quotes are with Equity.

Upvote 0

MME

Free Member
Aug 19, 2007
Chesterfield
Funster No
MH
C Class 542
Exp
6 Years
Hi,

I was with Caravan Guard for many years and found their service excellent. The cost was about £250 per year. Last year I changed to the Caravan Club to take advantage of extra benefits. Cheapest is not always best so read the small print.

You may wish to check these Insurers:

Link Removed

It is the 'links' page required to view the Insurance companies.

Upvote 0

dave jm

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
york
Funster No

As a newbi to m/h i shopped around and found Caravan Guard the best quote..even ccc with all their offers could not beat them...hope it goes well with buying your m/h.....Yes they are a friendly bunch on motorhomefun...but beware they are MAD aswell:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

JohnM

Free Member
Nov 8, 2008
Central Scotland
Funster No
MH
CClass
Exp
Since Feb 2009 and 40yrs c/vaning
JUST THOUGHT I WOULD THROW MINE IN AS WELL.RECEIVED MY RENEWAL TODAY FROM COMFORT INS £230.FULL COMP & EUROPE BREAKDOWN COVER & UNLIMITED UK TRAVEL.
JohnM :ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
madmothermeryl

madmothermeryl

Free Member
Jan 17, 2010
Cheshire
Funster No
Exp
today!
Well as i'm called mad mother Meryl by one of my lovely sons-in-law you get an idea of what i'm like!!!
so i should fit in well with you lot!!!
thanks for all your help and advice - safeguard are looking the best at the moment

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back